1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Girls,

Just dropped in to say a big HI.. to all....

Hope all the great ladies and LO's are doing good...

K hugs...Hope everything turns alright for you...

Girls, Pon messaged me and wanted to convey you her hi to all.. Looks like she will be returning to Chennai only by May end...

And, Shibu's tonsure ceremony is on Sunday at Palani.. Now I am so worried about the crowd there.. but IL's wanted it only there.. so no choice... We will be going to IL's place by this Wednesday and will be returning on Monday...

Vidyaa

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hey Vidyaa - I will be in palani on Tue! BIL and co-sis are doing the post-marriage temple visit then. Will miss you by just 2 days!

Latha - wishing you lots of undisturbed sleep tonight.

V.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

wishing you a good trip, Vidya. Is your jaw alright?

tikka - yes ofcourse i understood that. i talked about the agony of waiting:( so for anything that is... good luck and keep up your hopes.

V,

can you believe this? little A started nap at around 4.30 and woke up at 7.15. she started playing with her brother and appa. refused to eat so i gave her kanji in bottle. she went to bed at 8.30 with anna. i still can't believe it happened. poor thing with all the less sleep since thursday she must have been totally zapped today. her nose block is better... more of running nose now. DH is flying tomorrow (damn they re-opened the airports) and returning on wednesday.

nice thing - we had a rainbow and i got to enjoy it with my boy. he is way too thrilled and can't wait to share it with his friends tomorrow:)

psst - as i am about to sign off the little one has woken up. so off i am to play with her... is there any other choice? :rant

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hello all of you, hope you all had a good mother's day weekend. We are in the midst of packing out - all done on our side as far as packing the trailer goes for the road trip - I don't know if I told you earlier that we bought an eclosed trailer to haul some of our stuff around. The packers should be here either tomorrow or day after to pack the rest of the household goods.

So far this has been one of the stressfree moves in my life - I am not even scared to do a two week cross country road trip being 26 weeks pregnant - and the only reason I can give you for that is my faith that my God will see us through as he has been doing so far, and because of that I am going to enjoy each minute of this transition and the big adventure ahead.

Take care you all, and I will try to be in touch off and on.

Raj

5. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi gals, hope everyone had a good weekend...

Raj, good luck with the shifting and your road trip. And I also forgot to wish you on finding that your second one is also a girl, have loads of fun with the two princesses...

Laths, hope all the three of you are doing good, even my DS has been suffering with cold, its better now...

Hey Vidya, good luck with the tonsure, with my DS's tonsure I was very irritated, so have decided to have his second tonsure only when he is ready for it. Have a nice trip to Palani.

Nitha, good luck with the packing and shifting.

wow Sindhu, it must have been so nice to receive such cards from little ones.

V, so you also took a two year break with your profession, it must have been difficult to stay away from your work right. Forgot to tell, Adhu looks cute in the profile pic.

Sri, I guess you took the right decision, I need to wait for two months , it seems a long period, and I have so much of work also. Probably we will find something better in the long run.

Ramya, I think thats better, there are certain things where we cannot do much, probably ignoring is the best thing. Its better not to discuss these issues with DH, cos they are not the ones living with their in-laws, so they dont get it.

AD, you must have had a great time there, but you did plan too much I think in the short time you had, so how are you feeling today. It took a week for me to get back to normal state after the short vacation.

Tikka, hope your trouble gets sorted without much mental stress. You know whats best for you and your family. Dont know what to tell at this point.

Hi Poornima, Aarthi, Anita, and anyone else I might have missed.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Vidya - Good to hear from you. Crowd, yes. Just make sure you take the less peak time. My cousin went for tonsure at Tirupathi 2 days back and she was crying all the way. LO was crushed and squeezed. Thankfully, we do not have the tonsure custom at my ILs and I am spared !!

Latha - Good that A got her deserved sleep.

Raj - Take care and yes, He will see you through!

Sri - I second Vanathi. Take a break. Since you are not keen on day care, you will need to manage her atleast for another 1.5 years which is a long time. So, take a break and see ...if you are ok on the financial implications.

Sindhu - That must have been lovely ..to see the Mother's day gift :))

Tikka - It will turn out negative. Stay cool.

Left home for work .... Have not been at work this long after LO was born. I think I have more separation anxiety than her. Let me see ...

7. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Raj, have a safe trip. I am sure it will turn out to be a good experience for you - will you be hauling your stuff with you cross country, that sounds like a wonderful adventure. Wishing you easy, trouble free moving.
    Nitha, you too. Have a great time in your new place.
    Vidyaa, Good luck for the tonsure ceremony. Hope everything goes finr.
    Latha, no guilt. But looks like I had been carrying a lot of regrets. DS was unplanned and to say the least, it turned my life upside down. DH had to make some adjustments too, but he will not give up his "blogging" hour or reduce his internet time or reduce his traveling. Despite it being me who made some life altering changes it is not my choice to have a child. That is just bugging the hell out of me.
    Eventhough we have decided not to have another biological child, DH wont do anything about contraception. Given our preferences and reactions, we had agreed to condoms. We use the more expensive nonlatex ones given his allergies, but no. He just wont use them.
    For two years now, DH has been talking about vasectomy given how relatively quick, side effect free it is than tubectomy. But is really not doing anything more than just talking. So, I have to go get something done. I cannot stand this hope and then disappointment time and again. I now can imagine how people who are TTC must feel.
    Anyway, turns out I am not pregnant, but I am 10 days late (which I usually am never.) I have all the other symptoms of pregnancy - I cannot even hug K, my breasts hurt even at the gentlest touch. I have a doctor's visit due if my periods do not start by this weekend.
    DH just heaved a sigh of relief, I am not sure what I should feel. Relief? after all I wont have to consider termination. Disappointment? there is nothing I would have liked more than to have another child. The Lord moves in mysterious ways.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Raj,

was thinking about you y'day. have a safe, enjoyable trip:)

Tikka,

same here on contraception. we use condoms but i don't trust it fully anymore. i was supposed to get the loop on last month but both months menace came in on week-end so i couldn't go to my gyn:( hugs and don't let past memories pull you down:)

Ramya,

enge thoongina? i was typing here blissfully that she went to bed but she came back. she was walking in and out of both bedrooms like a mouse all through the night. she even did a fab job of waking up her brother arghhhhh!!! i again slept only for couple of hours. DS will go to school at the 2nd drop-off time. it's always the issue when the kids fall sick. it takes a while before they get back to their regular sleeping times. poor me. DH had to catch an early morning flight so i had to manage the show. he's promised thursday full of rest for me but you never know if i'll be sleepy on that day;)

off to do something productive today and not complain at all... sun after a week!!!!

9. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Tikka - I completely agree with you. The Lord moves in mysterious ways. So just let things take its course. I do hope that your monthly visitor comes in before your doctor's appointment. But, I think that you should get a cehck done. My mom had hormonal imbalance and she used to complain of breast pain everytime the monthly visotr was due. What I am trying to say is that there could be a lot of reasons. Pls check it thoroughly and take care of your self.

Raj/Nitha - Hope that your shifting goes off well.

10. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,

we are still recovering from the cold,,looks like ds's cpugh is not ready to leave him still,,he stayed home y day ,the weather is playing tricks on us..while all you girls in chennai are craving for some rain,,i am longing for some sun.sending you all the rain vibes from here,,it rains so much here that i have started getting this ""rain sickness""..:hide:..
    AD,
    the trip sounds very interesting,,i was enjoying every line of your description,,have heard about mudumalai,,no wonder P had a gala time.
    i also wanted to know about the beach resort membership in pondi,,if you can give me the name,i will try googling.heard from my parents that chennai is heating up like an oven.

P,
    taking vinu for veggie shopping is a very smart thing. keep up the good job,,it is benefitial in lot many ways,

sri,
    have never worked in my life,so cant really suggest you anything,,but i am sureyou wont regret your decision,,spending time with LO is priceless,happy parenting.

vidhya
    good luck with your trip,,i have a ""vendudhal"for palani which is still pending,hope it works out soon .the crowd is heavy there at any time of the year,isnt it.take care.

nitha,
    good luck with the move..

tikka,
    periods postponement can be due to hormonal factors /thyroid as well,,hope your menses turns up before your doc visit,,for the past 2-3 cycles i have been having delayed periods,,and it is such a tension until i get it,,i could relate to your feelings..good luck with the contraception..end of the day you know whats best for your family,,never mind 'bout anything else,,hugs.

latha,
    seems like they dont make herbal tea mixes here,have to choose an option from the ready made packs.as for now i have a CRANBERRY-LIME GREEN TEA,tastes bitter,,but thats fine for me as long as it takes care of my throat.i have been having sleepless nights as well with V's never ending cough..
    V has also learnt to tackle his friends when he is served meat at parties.kids are really smart these days.

raj,
    wise words raj,,i am happy about your belief and faith in god,,he will guide you throughout,,wishing you good luck,hauling a trailor sounds very adventurous:)

ramya,
    seperation anxiety hits me even today when V is close to 5 1/2.
    he was at home y day and i was one happy soul,,well,today i feel so lonely,though he is been going to school for the past 3 years,,:)i can get your feelings,,dont worry,,LO will be fine and so will you..

v,
    so all set for this weekend,,do tell us about the nuptial arrangements,,is the place decided,btw?have a nice time .

i just wanted to share this,,me and V were having a chat y day about our india trip next month,,i was telling V that he might not get to eat omlettes in india(MIL is strict about using eggs),,he was a bit upset about it and suddenly comes with an answer.
    "amma,no problem,we will buythe eggs from dublin and use them for making omlettes in paatis house in india,,it wont be a problem then,,"":biglaugh.i was so much moved by his innocence.

hi to everyone else,,have a nice day

Last edited: May 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.