1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hey mommies, happy mothers day. I am back, somewhat. I hope all of you have been doing well. I have exactly 5 min, so keeping it short here. Domestic crisis, will talk about it when I feel ready to face my demons. Went to sulk at my parents for a while. Back home and feeling very restless. Got a new iron this evening after the old one went for a toss and a mountain of laundry awaiting my attention. Talk to you ladies later, hope your lives have been filled with joy and happiness. Have a great week ahead.

2. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Cheers to all you beautiful mommas!

K, good to see you are back - even if it is only somewhat. Sending both some HUGS and healing vibes your way!

Ladies, sorry I haven't really read all your posts. I am getting into some ambitious stitching projects for Nilu - given that I don't have any formal training.:hide: Lets see how it goes. I got some fabric and net to stitch a fancy skirt and top. Waiting for the sewing machine - a friend said he will let me borrow it for some time. Will keep you posted. Do wish me luck, girls!

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Happy Mothers day to everyone!

K, nice to have you back. Hope things work out and you will be back in action!

Anitha, good luck with the sewing projects.

Latha, same here. P stayed home on Friday so I'm waiting for his "Mothers day art project" on Monday. I took him to his classmates birthday party and he got him a big truck (what else?)...

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

latha,
    thnx a lot,i will peep into the nearby health store and check it out..they might be able to help with the ing's you have mentioned..

k,
    nice to hear from you..wishing you good luck ..

anitha,
    stiching a skirt!!wow,,all the very best for your project,

pavi,
    nice to have a company for farmville,,same pinch,,even my family is kinda addicted to this game,,,:)

hope you all had a great weekend,,,

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hey ladies,

hope you all had a relaxing day.

Tikka,

nice to have you back here, even for a brief moment:) take care. any rant we're ready to hear.

DH is sneezing too. i'm going to look for some alternative medicine practitioner for him. he's refusing to oblige so if i take an appointment he can't decline:) my throat is much better. DD is not any better sadly. but she ate 1 toast bread. so may be on the road to recovery.

DS had a nice time at the birthday party. today was surprisingly sunny given the nasty weather last week. there were lots of kids... the boy's friends, cousins, his sisters' friends... something that i felt proud about my own - when i went to pick up the kids were all eating bread and sausage sitting on the grass. DS was patiently explaining anyone that asked why he wasn't eating the sausage and ate the bread. okay i'm not only proud that he didn't 'taste' the meat but he was being tolerant as well.

DD is telling us since this morning after she does no.1. big job she's been telling since a month. today i religiously took her to the toilet, removed her diaper, made her sit on the toilet seat and flushed even though she didn't do anything. i think she'll be trained soon... hurray!!!! time to buy the pull-up diapers:)

this week we've public holiday on thursday. flights are not flying again so DH's trip on tuesday stands cancelled. it'll be a nice week for sure:)

6. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

K- Welcome back.... do rant your domestic crisis and sending you lot of positive vibes. You went to sulk at parents? I thought they wanted you and you were helping them with their medical issues ....whatever ....now that you are back ... just b back with a bang !!
    Anitha - Don't worry abt not being trained in stitching. Just some common sense would do. I think youo will do just fine. Let me know what project are you taking up.
    Latha/Sindhu - Waiting to hear on your kids' Mother's day projects ....
    Pavi - What is this Farmville thing? I never understood much about it.
    Week started off with some tiff between DH and me and he was off to work withouot even a bye. It is always the problem of ILs that comes between us. I had taken a resolve as to not to bother about things that were not informed to me, but I really feel sometimes when I am not considered in the smallest of tasks at home. They want me for somethings, not for others ... which is unfair... Anyway, I am better and I do not care whoever it is.

7. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Aarthi - A cousin of mine plays Farmville and she is completel;y addicted to it :)) . I tease her asking her to do her farming in my garden so that I dont have to spend on veges.

K - welcome back. Hugs to you!!!

V - A looks really cute

Anitha - I hope your skirt comes out well. I have been asking my mom to get her sewing machine repaired so that II can take it for sometime.

Latha - I hear you about DH's ignoring what we say about their side. My DH too is like that. But, after I point out something to him (and he does not agree), he is more alert about such things. And sure enough understands what I say.

We tool Vinu to Koyambedu market yesterday. She was excited but also scared looking at so many new faces. She constantly kept calling out for me if her dad was carrying her and vice versa. She did have a rather decent time looking at piles of veges.

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

HEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO my lovely ladies.. Happy Mother's Day! (though late wishes.. every day is mother's day right!?!)

Here I come with my 1000th post dedicated to my fav thread..

will come back after reading your posts - abt 4 pages to go :((

BTW, my trip was good.. rather very very good. the only bad part was the travelling - we went to Mettupalayam - coonoor.. stayed in coonoor one night - sightseeing, Coonoor and Ooty and the next night we travelled to Mudumalai Wild Life Sanctuary and stayed there.. by 6pm, wild elephants and deers were all over the guesthouse (we had stayed in) so we couldnt come out all evening.. it was thrilling to see initially but later it got more interesting to see the infant/ toddler elephants squeezing between mommy/ daddy elephants legs literally ALL the time.. reminds me of P in bed with us.. squeezing between me and DH all night :)) finally we got to see adult elephants literally fighting.. pulling each others trunks, pushing each other, etc. it was fun.. P enjoyed it.. later that night after dinner, we went in on a safari with rangers deep into the jungle.. it had only tyre paths so we followed it, rather the rangers knew the place pretty well.. that was a path seen only by forest officers, guards and rangers.. no public is allowed in there.. luckily we got permission to go inside.. we went looking for tigers, but coulnt find any in the 10 kms we travelled.. we did see a lot of Bisons, wild bore, more wild elephants.. the next morning we went to a place (near to masinagudi) where they have dozens of trained elephants.. we got near a 3yr old elephant.. named Masini.. he was very very lovely animal.. he liked people.. He carried P, went for a short walk with P. his mahoth instructed him and he licked P's forhead and P was all excited with Masini.. when I bent down to get Masini's blessing, he happily pulled my hair and took off my clip and gave it in my hand.. I fell in love with him.. we hugged him and he was soooo happy that everyone is admiring him.. I realised though it was born to be a wild animal.. with proper training and love, animals become soooo loving and longing for more love and attention.. so sweet of him. will post pics of him soon. except for having to travel a lot in 2 days and P sleeping during thr travel and not during his usual times and needing our attention when we were too tired were the only challenges.. back to normal life now.. trying to stay awake with cups of tea.. until I get to hit the bed at night.. my eyes are already half closed!

9. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Hello.

Have been missing from here since quite a few days. Was super busy last week with taking care of DD. I had mentioned last week about a nanny who had come to take care of DD. But she refused to go to her even once, SHe was so clingy. I tried locking myself in a room so that she doesn't see me but she started crying non-stop for 20 mins after which I had to come out. SHe wailed even if i left her with the maid even for a sec. Phew!! Was very difficult.
    If this goes on the only other option left for me is to resign. THis whole month mom is on leave so i can continue. But the point is how long is this gonna work out? Moreover we just got an e-mail saying that the notice period in our company has been increased from 1 month to 3 months starting 1st June. I am really confused as to what to do?

If i wait for a month more and try out with other maids and if she doesn't get adjusted with her then I will have to serve a 3 month notice period or buy out my notice period which is not a feasible option.On the other hand i can resign now and serve a one month notice period and leave within a month. DH has been totally supportive and has asked me to put my papers. but then something is holding me back. I guess I have got used to receiveing a paycheck at the end of every month for the past five years.

But the upside of this is that i can be with DD during her growing years.I liked being with her the entire day last week and preparing a variety of meals for her and playing games with her. And i guess as a reward she has started calling me Amma since last 2 days.. Was so happy when she said that. Till now she oly used to point to me when asked where Amma was.

Please advise girls. Am not able to come to a conclusion.
    Cya later
    -Sri

10. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Sri - I have been in your place and have finally put down my papers. I used to work from home and found it otugher as my LO started to grow. I cud not devote time to her even though I was in teh same room with her. Only satisfaction was she is in front of my eyes. I too would have dropped my papers long ago had it not been for the paycheck... like you, I too was reluctant to lose out on my pay, somethin gwhich I had got used to for 5 years. If you feel that putting down your papers is the best option for you and your LO do it. You can always find something part-time so taht you feel like youar e still earning. At the end of the day your LO is more important than anything else. You could always getback to work once your LO starts going to school.

AD - Sounds like a beautiful trip. Reminds me of the time when I had been to Mudumalai as a kid. We had all the deers out in front of our cottage. It was pitch dark and we cud nt see them.. We cud just hear the antlers hitting against one naother... like kolattam sound... And then, an idea struck us. We all sat in the car and turned the headlight on...... we cud hundreds of pairs of blue eyes...... it was such a beautiful sight. We did not keep the headlights on for long.. just kept it on like for a second or so.... beaauuutiful is the word... oh... i wish i cud go there now... but i thuink mudumalai is out of question until Vinu grows a litlle older. But, its definitely on my to-see list (along with hundreds of other places :)). Glad you had a great time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.