1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

S-s
    69 is not a very hot temp. Did you check if there are any bugs or other insects in the bed. Since it is summer start this is the time they start coming out.
    Almost the same thing happened with our fly-friend. Their daughter complained of itching and the ped suggested to check the bed. They found it has bugs and called exterminators to clear it. It seems the bugs didn't bite both the husband and wife; it was solely concentrating on the LO.
    -Nitha

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Latha - a book everytime. Maybe pirate-related book if thats the theme. That was so sweet of A to plan stuff for you! And about discussing this topic with BIL, I discussed some of it too before (not the place as I knew we were going to my house anyway); I forward planned so much I even started my contraceptive pills one month before the wedding :)

SS - We dont have an overall contract; only for individual items. And so I will end up decorating the room - will have to get some flowers from whats left-over after the wedding I think. Any ideas?

Nitha - so where are you thinking of going?

V.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

SS,

check for bugs plus yes citrus fruits can cause itchy sensation/allergy on some. one of DS' classmates has that. if she has itchy skin do not bath her everyday:) also when you bath just a few drops of almond oil/jojoba oil in the water and that's it. no soap. DD too gets dry skins in cold weather and if i don't use this oil bath she starts itching.

oopsy looks like i was the silliest bride:(

Vidya,

when is the second opinion? oh god dental problems are a pain literally and otherwise too:) oh dear tongue tied-a?

looks like i'm catching the throat infection too. have been sort of dull the whole day and coughing dry. hope it goes away today itself:(

DH is back tonight - expected in 10 minutes so kids are awake too:( for once i let them stray away from strict bed time routine:)

catch you all tomorrow:)

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi pals,
    hope everyone is doing gud..i think this is the longest stay away from this thread ever since i joined here..i managed to read the posts here just now..i though i had recovered from the gland infection,,but no,it had a second innings as well,,and am again on antibiotics,to add on to it,,,my monthly menace:rant,,am going mad with mood swings,bad temper,what not...i suffer from terrible pubic pain as well during my periods,post delivery..inspite of all these ,i am still sane:biglaugh..

amitha,

BELATED ANNIVERSARY WISHES,,sunglasses sound great,,stylish too..very smart choice...
    AD,
    the accident thing was quite scary,glad that there wasnt any injuries involved...so thoughtful of you all to plan a trip for mom,,enjoy ur time,,

poornima,
    lecturer job is one of my dream job,,dont worry about the pay,,peace is al you need,,hope the diet works well for you...wishing you all luck,

v,
    i had a look at the destiny web site,,,its awesome yaar,,,am sure A will have a nice time,,it looks so classy,,,nice choice...perfect getaway after a hectic marriage...like latha,even our wedding night was at the marriage hall,,though my dh was begging his father to arrange at a hotel:biglaugh,,it was rejected totally by everyone...i would suggest you to keep it sweet and simple,,probably roses and a little bit of jasmine,,,:),,with light romantic music in the background and dim lighting,,,,would make a great arrangement...

latha,
    hope anish is better now,,that was really sweet of him,,did lavender oil work for you,,i would like to try it sometime as well..

nitha,
    chinnu is surely a smartie,,,i was actually imagining her doing that sobbing on the bed thing,,cho chweet...it must be really tough for your dh to travel,isnt it...so will it get any better if you shift to edison?
    are you planning your travel withing US /outside US..

nitha,
    i always use instant dry yeast,,thanks for ur comments..

cc,
    wow gal,,,i should have landed there looking at your menu..no wonder the guests were amazed,,so,do you have any chance of shifting to toronto(even if we get the PR,thats where we are planning to stay)..
    how r the plants coming up?

shanthi,
    thanks for the comments,,i am better now..that was a nice gesture by your dh,,i too value such things more than expensive gifts or rather anything else..how is chennais summer?hope you are keeping good health

raj,
    wishing you good luck with the move,,has the weather improved,,its been raining here since monday:crazy,,and am longing for some good sunshine as well.

s-s
    i really pity your dd,,being a sufferer of food allergy myself,,i know how hard it can be for a small child,,,i would spend sleepless nights itching and scratching ,,only after i did my food allergy tests,i started avoiding all the foods that cause allergy,,but believe me s-s it goes away with time,,,now after about 3 yrs from the first onset,,i am almost close to complete recovery,,,i was allergic to about 26 food items:drowning..is it possiblt to have a food diary and see how she reacts to each food.sending you lot of health vibes...as nitha said,,please look into other options like bed bugs,dust mites,,,etc..

sindhu,
    having a nice time with IL's around,,P and V must be relishing grandparents company,isnt it,,so have you registered MIL with IL yet?

sindhu/nitha,
    count me and my dh for mexican food,,we love it,,i regularly make wraps at home with black beans,salsa,guacomole,lettuce and onion,,,,yummy, i can have guacomole(spelling?)with anything and everything

sharadha
    gud luck with ur decision,,,i am sure you must have taken this after a wise thought,,,whatever be it,,dont regret and enjoy your time with ds..if possible please go through the post of latha,where she had mentioned about a doctor (her ds's friends mom)choosing her family over her career..

ramya,
    sending you lot of health vibes..have you joined work?i saw your other thread about LO not taking food..please take care,,i know how difficult it can be when the kids dont eat.hope she gets back to her routine soon.

vidya,
    hope you get well soon,,looks like lot of us here need some good postive vibes,,sorry,,but i laughed over what your dh said,,,i was actually wondering how all the men can think the same...(dh made the same coment during my wisdom tooth removal).

sri,
    how is the new nanny?hope your DD gets along well with her,,,

lee,
    whats up?long time no see..

tikka,
    how r things getting along?is K still sticking on to you.how is your hand?

girls,
    i normally make decent lunch(since dh comes home to have food),,he doesnt say anything when i make a curry,rasam,sambar or some north indian rice with sabji,,,now,today ,since i had my chums coupled with no veggies at home,,i made a thogayal,moong dhal kootu(bland without coconut)and onion kuzambhu...dh comments that the samayal is so delicious with so many items:biglaugh,,what are men made of?

edited to add:ladies,my latest craze is ""farmville""on fb, do i have a company here?i have been busy sowing and harvesting crops,and making neighbours,, ,oh,,its so much fun,to own a farm,,and you girls have been talking about farms,resorts ,yercaud,coorg,,etc,:biglaughyou guys are welcome to visit and stay in my farm,,free of cost .:)

good night ,catch u all tomm

hi to everyone here,

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  5. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Am all woozy after a sleepless night - thanks to the power cut till 4 am! Nilu though was an angel - slept with the visiri on (the switch was me!)

V, I had it at my IL's place as my parents stayed in a different city. I guess am thick skinned - I didn't feel awkward. After all, all those people have had it too :bonk As for the decoration, if the couple get any bouquets, and the couple don't want them, you can use those exotic flowers too.

Latha, hope A is better.

CC, hats off to you for managing so many guests.

Nitha, Chinnu wants to sleep alone? Yay! I am waiting for Nilu to want it too ;-)

SS, hope your DD gets better. Poor thing!

Aarthi, farmville is a nice pastime.

AD, tough luck about the accident. Thankfully nobody was injured. Hopefully the insurance will pay for it all.

Poornima, wishing that the newness will work out for you.

Vidyaa, the remedial measures for your jaw pain are so tough to follow - especially the talking. Good luck!

Ramya, hope you get to have a break. Rad about the food strike. Is it any better? Maybe introducing mild spices might help? Nilu switched around this time - she wanted dal, chutney, sambar, anything that had some flavour. Not the bland food we give babies :crazy

Sharadha, you go do what you want. Like sindhu says, a job is only that. Hats off to you for having the courage to do what you wanted. Enjoy your time!

Lee, busy with the b'day celebrations/preps?

By the way girls, Krithika is ok. I'd messaged her. She is at her parents' place so I don't think she can come online.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  6. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

AD, I think my decision was something I have been wanting to take from a long time, and as you said, I have never liked my work, probably this was the chance I got to try something of my interest. Thanks for those encouraging words.
    And about the blank calls, I think you handled it well, but it was too bad of your MIL to ask you such a thing.
    AD am also interested to know about the membership, hope you would write on it.

Vidyaa, hope your jaw pain subsides soon.

Ramya, we are not sure of the duration of his onsite. The shortest would be 3 months, and we are not sure if it would get extended. Yes, you are right, I need to keep a check on my emotions so that DH will not get affected.
    Is that your LO on the profile pic, she looks so cute, drishti edunga...

Latha, with my DS shampooing has always been a struggle, wonder when he would realise we are not hurting him by shampooing.
    So thoughtful of your DS, he thinks so much about you and your interests, we never know what goes on, in their minds.

Nitha, your right, I cannot work here anymore as these people never even enquired if everything was fine after am back, no empathy at all. About my parents, I can convince my mom, but my dad would feel bad that he might lose his sleep over this. Have not yet told him, would do it after a month. I need to work for 2 months as notice period, so next month would be better.

And basmam is called Vibuthi I think, correct me ladies if am wrong...

SS, I think you can consider Nitha's point, do check the bed, probably that might be irritating your LO.
    Yeah am also thinking of taking some hobbies, hopefully everything will be fine.

Aarthi, thanks, I did go through that post about the doctor who left her practice for her kids, even I was amazed. Am just worried about the house, we were planning to get one, and now it will have to wait. Anything is less important than LO and our peace of mind, so am glad.

And that was funny, really we can never understand these men.

7. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Like someone here said - I am grateful that my MIL is honest about her inability to take care of Vinu. Cos, if she did not say it but ended up messing things, things would be more nastier. But, it is only when I see partiality that I am upset. Otehrwise I am ok with it. I am happy with looking after and caring for Vinu. One more episode this morning - Vinu was in our bedroom and she looking at pictures of flowers on her dree, bedspread and saying Pha (for flower). My MIL who was sitting in the verandah just below our bedroom apparently heard her. As soon as we went down, she is like leave her here... she is shouting paayi (for paati) for so long. What do I say and imagine what she must have been thinking (that I am deliberately keeping her away from her):bonk.

AD - Am yet to try out Chitvish's recipe's. Basically, I have been cooking all those dishes that my mom makes and which I have been wanting to eat for long :). So, once I am run out with these, it's Chitvish time next :)

And Vinu is growing up real fast. Her vocab is improving day on day. She never stops to surprise me. Ofcourse, none of the words are very clear, but you can make out what she is trying to say. If we ask her who is mummy's/daddy's chellam - the response is prompt naandhaan. She has an infant cousin and likes her a lot. She plays with her and is very gentle with her. But, if I ever carry that child, she comes to me immediately asking me to carry her :). She does not mind if her dad carries that baby :). She is able to identify a lot of trasnport types - cycle, car, bke, auto, van, bus, plane, etc. Life is hectic but very interesting with a toddler :). She is keeping me on my toes. Yesterday was the birthday of one of her cousins. She was so happy to be dessed in a new white and pink frock with matching pink bangles. She loved everybody telling her that she looked pretty. She was jingling her bangles and what not. The other day I was going for a function and wore my necklce she wnated it and I made her wear a chain instead. She was so happy and gave me a lot of kisses :))) Girl kiddos...... :)) Isn't it why I wanted one :) Oh.. I could go on about her.

BTW - AD the idea which you gave for the 2 wheeler travel with LO, was going great until..... One day we went out for our usual evening round strapped up the way you suggested. She put her weight on her hands, with which she held my thighs tightly lifted up both her legs and supported her feet on the front (basket kind of thing liek u have in Scooty) and would not get down when asked to. Only when I parked the vehicle at home she got down. It scard me so much that I am yet to take her for a round again. This girl is so naughty!!!!

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thank you; I might just take you up on that offer! You've made it sound so intersting I'm tempted to take a look. Hope you get over all the health issues soon. And thanks for the deco ideas - I never thought about lighting or music until now....

Great idea! Thanks.

That sounds so cute - did you take a pic? I can imagine her all dressed up and looking al pleased with herself....

A's veshti etc came back from the tailor and it looks very nice. He's gone out with MIL for the day to her sis's place so just waiting for him to come home so I can try it out on him. Will take some pics if I can.

V.

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hello all;
    The travel destination is not finalised yet. Four places in the list:)) All are within US and all are "laid-back" sort of places.
    Will drop in later. The monthly visitor decided to show up;) Hope all is well.
    Whats happening with K and Pon? Any news anyone?
    -Nitha

10. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Nitha, I must have missed something - are you planning a vacation?

Vinu4Me, I love looking at little girls all dressed up. They look so cute!

sharadha, wow 2 month notice period! Is that standard? Here it is 2 weeks. I used to work in India but now don't remember these things anymore...

Aarthi, now standardizing on the new menu? Men are funny. I am actually scared of Farmville and these other things in FB.

Latha, what did you get for A's friend's b'day? I am partial to cars since those are the gifts that P likes... A is such a cutie to talk about all his plans for you. P wants to buy 3 cars when he has money...

This has been a crazy week so I'll be glad that its Saturday tomorrow. DH is planning a trip to his cousin's place next weekend and I may have to be the killjoy since I have to work next weekend... I hope they can go without me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.