1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Ad; How much does this lifetime membership cost? I am planning to take something like this after coming to Indian. Atleast it can be made an axis and will saves time searching for safe stay etc,. I will need it as I will be staying with IL's:))
    Yes; he has WFH option; but has to go for meetings and demo's of capabilities. And some clients insists that the person doing the demo; should take over the project; rather than providing another consultant.Now MS is doing the same; they are hinting that they want J to take up the project. jay doesn't want it as he is in presales and taking up assignment with MS will revert him back to the old consultant mode. Lets see; how it goes. Demo's will end this weekend.
    -Nitha

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Nitha,

no cramp. sore throat:( and since sunday night he cries at night saying it hurts in neck (that's the best he's able to describe it). he's not even coughing during the day. the paed checked y'day and couldn't find anything. there's always one thing or the other with kids to make mommy sleep deprived:rant

oh so we have another pouting little lady? mine was pouting for a week so cute but me jealous as well that only dad gets all these special points.

V,

that's really sweet of A. so he's picking up nice things from where?? wayanad and coorg on my list as well. the former a friend of ours went for honeymoon and showed us some great pics. the latter my brother went and thereafter goes every year. yes coorgie ladies are indeed pretty... DH's friend's wife is one and she is damn pretty:) may be i should ask DH to buy a property in one of these places... atleast in yercaud if it's possible:hide:

btw one of DH's colleagues been to bhutan and oh wow such a beautiful spot. the list grows..

i was telling DH about my plan to go on wellness holiday - just me. he was like 'well hmmmm' and then i tempted him that i might come back with a flat belly, better figure and he 'ok i'll take a week off' LOL! but damn those packages are indeed exorbitant.

arggg the little one is awake. me back later...

3. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone,

All of you talking of vacations and good places to stay. Mine's starting in less than two weeks - our 2 week road trip from Kentucky to California. I am so glad we're not flying. Right now busy seeing doctors, dinners with friends, and saying farewells.

Latha, hope A feels better soon. Both Riya and I are down with allergies and sore throat too. It rained here this weekend, and seems like there's too much mold in the air now.

Vanathi, Destiny looks really good for a vacation. Have fun. And how cute of A! :rotfl

AD, sorry about the accident. That must put a big dent in the finance too!

Hi to everyone. Gotta run.

Raj

4. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gals,

U all talk too much for my good. I was away for just teh weeknd and u all ve talked thru 14 pages. Can u imagine that? I read thru all of them but dont remember much. so excuse me and forgive me if i missed out you.

Raj,

Conrats . I also feel the bonding is more between siblings if they are of teh same sex. Enjoy Riya as big sister. She looks so cute in pony ride pictures. All teh best and God be with u on ur trip.

Amitha,

Belated anniversary wishes. So enjoyed teh dinner? Sunglasses for anniversary is a cool idea. do the check up fast and get those lovely glasses before Dh cahnges his mind. Kidding.

V,

Enjoy ur vacation. that place sure looks amazing. We dont know there are really good places like those resorts Until someone points it to us . With so many ad s in papers we dont know which ones r decnt and good and dependable . enjoy ur special time with Dh . A asking u to call him with mariyadhai is making me ROFL. kids these days are smart.

Shanthikka,

hows ur health now? S expalining teh fear so well is good. I always admire u and V for keeping the fire in ur marriage and also maintaining a long distance relationship. I got so stressed and made my life and his a hell when we lived like that for a yaer. i dread it. But i am learning.

Ss,

Dont mind what ur mil said. explain it to ur mom so she doesnt worry about it. If it continues ur mother can playfully say to ur MIL that "she is ur house gal now . so u telling that to her would be more good" r something like that. that should atlaest make ur MIl think.

Sri,
    Hows lil one accomodating to the new nanny?

Ramya,

I lije red. esp teh one thts exactly the madisar colour. Pondy is a good destination if u book in decent resorts.

Ad,

I also am thinkinga bout taking such holiday club membership when we get back. its ure destresses us.

Poornima,
    College lecturer is a job i envy. It keeps u alive with u feeling young is my opinion. have a blast.

Poo,

good that showers ve cooled down the heat. disturbed sleep is something that drives us nuts but cant be helped.

Nitha,
    Chinnu s lil drama had me in splits. cho chweet. iam trying to get A out of our bed room now and she sneaks back into our bed even now. I accept that travelling can be very strenous. how s he feeling abt it?

Latha,
    hugs to you. U r indeed one strong woman to ve gone through so much with ur MIL and still not turn bitter . ur MIl is defintely not a keeper and she saying those hurtful things to you after so long shows how shallow a person she is. Hows ur lil boy? is he better now?

aarthi,
    Hot cross buns and other baked goodies are making me so hungry Iam starting to dublin and landinga t ur doorstep now. Lol. where do u get so much energy to bake ? hows ur health now?

I had a hectic weeknd with all the cooking and was busy cleaning up after the guests . Now all is back in order and i feel better. Those guests were my MIls relatives on a road trip from us to canada as their son is considering moving to a nearby province. the group had two sixy yaer olds one kid of 3 yaers and a husband and wife ie teh son and his wife.I met them in india during my Sils wedding alst year and tehy said tehy ll drop by sometime. All my cooking experiments were successful. tehy just stopped here as a break in teh road trip. so dint wanna roam around. Theres really nuthing special to see here too. its a small town. And weather dint even permit a stroll .so tehy were eating and resting basically. My Dh is a foodie and always used to compare my initial efforts to my Mils pro cooking. I had not been in to cooking before taht so imagine my stress. Finally i took it as a challenge and learnt cooking decently with my moms help and Chitvish only. its raining here nonstop for 3 days and I hate it as temp got below zero today. when can we finally ve some sun?

Ok girlies,

am off to cook. ve a blessed rest and a cheerfull day.

Regards,
    CC

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2011
  5. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi Everyone, I know I have been missing for a long time...

Too many things have happened in the last two weeks, DH left to London last week, and my DS fell ill, so had to be on leave the whole of last week and I went to office only today... Meanwhile the DU head called and spoke harshly to me for taking the leave... Already they had not given me any hike, and on top of that they dont understand that people dont take leave unnecessarily...

Dont call me nuts, I submitted my resignation today, this has been a decision I have been wanting to take for a long time, but this time I have my DH's support... Am not able to balance both work and home... but am not sure if I can stay home either...

My parents are not happy with my decision, but am very sure that I will not be able to continue anymore in this organisation any more, that too after the recent incidents...

What do you gals feel about this, please comment frankly, may be it would help me in my future decisions... Missing DH so much...

Poornima, congrats on the new job... Hope I find something interesting and less time consuming like yours...

6. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

AD,

thank God nothing happened to your DH and his friend!!

Raj,

we had a good 2 hr nap and his voice is gone:( we've storm forecast and already i can see trees 'oooing'. my balcony work is on a pause and everytime i peep out i feel so bad:( i send good weather vibes your way when you start your journey to the new destination:)

Sharadha,

there'll be someone complaining/feeling bad no matter whatever you do. end of the day, as a family, you, your DH and your child must be happy with the decision you made and never ever regret. there's no point giving yourself a hard time especially in your situation. enjoy the break, keep looking out and i'm sure you'll find what works best for you all. at this point you made the best choice to opt out... cheer up:)

Charu,

so this week dieting-a? just pulling your legs:) i'll take tips from you when we get guests end of June. I'll be away in a class for 3 days. DH very bravely said he'll take care (i'll have to leave home at 6.30-7 so he must start from b/fast) but i'll have alternate plans ready:) this time i have already decided that the guests are coming to spend time with us, look around and not just eat my food. got it! i always plan, re-plan, panic even for a simple lunch when guests are around. this time i'm going to get better.

same with my MIL. but i'm glad i didn't learn anything from her. for me tips from amma, cousin, aunts, Chithramma, books, blogs. now nobody can compare any dish of mine to my MIL and say 'oh she used to make it good'. my FIL (on one of those rare reasonable moments) said 'she has been cooking since she was 11 yrs old so don't compare and feel bad'.

Amitha,

i don't know why glasses, dentist fees are sooo high outside india. here too a very basic glass costs nothing less than 150 euros!!! the insurance covers only few costs so one has to be really careful before shelling out the money.

you all know what... my PMS is making me very nasty. no wonder i've been on the edge the last couple of days. today i'm feeling the back ache. so it starts with mood swings, then backache, then comes the menace:( i'm going to inhale lavender oil in bulk and see if it helps:hide:

true that time runs sooo fast it's already 6.15 and time to make dinner. simple macaroni+tomato pasta for us:)

7. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Vanathi, sounds like a wonderful place to go. Have fun!

Amitha, glad you had a great time. Won't insurace cover for the sunglasses since its prescription glasses?

CC, must have felt nice to have gotten praise from all around. Yay!

Latha, hope A feels better soon.

Nitha, Chinnu is a cutie drama princess :) Another Mexican food lover here. I love Chipotle and their "burrito bol" - I crave it at times! (Don't know if it is Mexican or Tex-Mex)

Sharadha, it must have been a tough decision. Don't care about what others think, the important part is that you and your DH are in sync. A supportive work place is a must anytime, more so when you have small children. A job is just a job - don't allow it to take over your life and make you miserable.

Ramya, happy 7-month birthday to A! Proud day...

Sri, good you were able to find a new nanny. Yes, looks like we all need 36 hours in a day (and we'll still not have enough time)

AD, sorry about the accident. Glad that nobody is hurt. You seem to have great vacation ideas!

V that is so cute of A. Have you started following his instructions?

Buried under emails after two days of absence at work :-( I travel to another local office in the afternoon for a 5 hour working session on a project.

8. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Shanthi,
    Isn’t that sweet of your DH to make it a point to wake up to wish his son… Hmm.. Dads do anything for their own blood be it parents or kids.. I’ve realized.. LOL

Suman, That’s how I console myself.. We took up responsibilities not expecting others to help. But when we look around and see all our friends sailing in the same boat as ours having some sort of help, the negative thought props up now and then. But I’m really happy about the privacy and freedom I have. So one good thing to see…

AD, Have fun at Coonoor. I have heard it’s a very beautiful place.. And vacation with your mom is fabulous.. Enjoy gal.. Have YOUR time with your mom.. Man.. how silly question could MILs ask. I’m sure that question must have been very annoying. And an accident that too a bus hit the car. That must have caused quite a bit of damage. Whose fault was that? If it was the bus’ fault, you should file an FIR and see to that you get some compensation. Similar event happened when I was in Chennai in Feb. Another car hit our car from the rear and he made big sounds that he was not at fault..(What the heck.. he hit us from rear folks.. Whose fault is it?) We went to the police and finally got a settlement.

Vanathi, That’s so sweet of Aadu (sir).. I recollect my cousin's kid calling my cousin amma a couple of times and if she didn't respond, the kid would call her..'amma-ngo.. amma-ngo'... Wonder how these kids learn things...

Nitha, You have an actress in the making…

CC, welcome back…. Glad that your cooking efforts were appreciated. A little appreciation goes a long way, don’t you agree? How was DD with the guests? Did she have a good time?

Sharadha, It’s not a bad decision to quit the job for sometime. You can probably take up a part time job after a small break. At times we need a break and managing everything and taking a break is rather impossible. So don’t worry. You did the decision that was RIGHT for you.

Krithika, How are you?

Hello to all ladies here….

Ladies, V for once ate well last night. I didn't force her at all. Had her Khichdi and Broccoli all by herself. I am very happy about that. But she has been very cranky lately only in the middle of the night. She wakes up itching and crying ‘amma.. inga kuthi.. amma.. inga arichi” (it’s itching here). And everyday I(we, because DH also wakes up when she cries in big tone) wake up to moisturize her in the middle of the night. But yesterday night was horrible gals… She kept crying non-stop for an hour and whenever I stopped massaging her, she would wake up and cry.. I think we were up for almost 2 hours moisturizing, massagine her..I’m deprived of sleep today.. More than sleep deprivation, I’m scared as to what this could be? Eczema or just psychological or something else? I'm doing all that I can (as prescribed by the doctor) for her eczema....

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

SS - poor kid! Hope tonight goes better. Is it the room temperature - too much warmth can make me feel itchy, so wondering...

CC - glad your cooking turned out well - congrats!

Sindhu - hope you catch up at work soon. Is that a big project then?

Raj - when do you leave? i was looking at your route on our big globe today and envying you....

Sharadha - does this mean you and LO can join your DH abroad? I hope so. DH and I once spent 8 months apart and I nearly went crazy from the loneliness...

So this evening we had a meeting with the girls side to finalize things. Only one wierd thing - its our custom (and I think its the same in most families) to have the wedding night at the girls place but funnily my co-sis has specifically asked BIL to make sure its at ours (ie. ILs). Now I'm wondering about the why of that.....where did you all have yours (if its not too personal a question of course)?

V.

10. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Wow.. I think she may be shy to be put in the situation in her own house where she was brought up and lived with parents.. Also the glares of the relatives who may be in the house the next day morning might also be a reason...

We were VERY particular that it should NOT be in either of our houses.. So an A/C room in Woodlands helped us sleep well .. seriously.. we were beaten tired after 3 days of wedding rituals.. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.