1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Calling husband by name?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

never ....instaed of names v can make it a point to call them by gud fruits or vegetables..??i call him honey he calls me chikku...wow watta combination....

2. sravy

sravy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Very intresting thread i too call my husband with his name only but sometimes in front of my inlaws i will call him Evandi most of the times i will call him Buddi ...............:)

3. piu

piu New IL'ite

Good post Huma.I've a nice story abt it.one day my gandma was surprized about my female cousin that she call her husband by his name.she ask my aunt..why ur daughter call her husband with his name?:idontgetit: my aunt reply---"by what she will call him?Kajol vai?did u call my dad(grandfa) Abul vai?":wink: hehehehe

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I have been married for over 20 yrs now- I have always called my husband by his name - also "nee", and not "neenga". My in-laws had no problem with it and neither did my parents-although my mom does not address my dad by name - she calls him "appa" or "apps". I think my "amamma" (grandma) had a problem with it but since my inlaws had not problems, she let it go!!

Shobana

5. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

I usually call my husband by name but refer to him as 'suno' if I am annoyed or irritated with him! If he hears a 'suno' from me he know he is in trouble!!!

Mythraeyi

6. pra319

pra319 New IL'ite

I simply liked Mithili's honey and chikku idea and wondering why I did'nt get this idea 25 yrs back when I got married . I call my husband by his pet name Mohan , and we have 9 yrs difference between us . So far no issues regarding this .
    paru

7. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

The names are reversed in our case. He s cheeku and calls me by a pet name. Both of us feel loved this way..Even when we are angry, we address each other this way...My in laws and my father were shocked when I called him 'nee' 'vaa' 'po'...but when they saw i addressed him by cute name, like this, they didnt mind...
    In fact they started teasing us ...:)..t

8. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

very interesting thread,few were funny too....i address my hubby dear by name from the de' i met him...n still continue the same....n he likes it too!
    my in-laws were nt bothered about this...though i hesitated [in their presence]a bit in our intial des of marriage [ ours was a luv cum arranged]...my parents were a bit shocked on hearing to my poda ;vada...s for the first time...later they shrugged off with a BIG:biggrin2: .
    i was surprised when my friend A calls her hubby enga; vanga ; etc....their's was a luv marriage too - that too they were school friends! things changed the very next moment -after their engagement......i still feel that it sounds artificial......n cant imagine me calling my hubby so....:)

9. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

hi,

Generations are changing ,but i don't understand why people don't encourage woman's lifestyle change and many other issues etc(
    Days pass on,but no change in dowry system,girl getting silver,gold,cash,properties,kitchenware etc from parents house).When both r earning members,why is that only girl shoud get?And why not men???Why is that she alone have to do household,kitchenwork etc.I dont understand)..
    .In olden days,since only men are the only earning source at home,they are treated and respected well!But when women and men both r working now,why is the barriers between woman to reach man in everything?????I call my husband "Yevandi".Coz iam asked to call so.Before wedding,i called him by name and feel so embarassing toswitch to call him yevandi.He has such a lovely name and feel like calling his name again and again..As Kamalaji mentioned,it is the Love that matters and not the way u address..And since iam here and away from elders,i thought i will call him by name/nickname..But one day i heard from my hubby that"Nowadays girls dont have respect for husbands,they are calling by names",which imply that i should address him "Yevandi" and continuing..

Vaishnavi

10. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

This is fun thread. I read lots of replies and it was funny reading everybodys experiences. Well, when we were engaged my husband used to call me "sweety" but I was bit shy so, I used to call him by his name. But after marriage, I just started calling my husband "Honey" and he still calls me "Sweety". But infront of our family members we call each other by our name. But sometime just to enjoy, I call him honey in front of his family members, you should see how he blushes then. :tongue It makes me laugh.

regards