Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nivii

Nivii New IL'ite

Who Am I?

Hi ,
    Iam Nirmala ,born and brought up in coimbatore ,Tamilnadu.Iam Married and now in USA.I have a kid and her name is Sadhana .. I' ve done my Masters in Information Technology and Management .Have 1.5 yrs of working Exp as S/W Engr and now Fulltime Home maker.
    Iam very happy to be a member of IndusLadies Community.

Thanks,
    Nirmala

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: Who Am I?

Welcome Nirmala to IL - I see that you have introduced yourself in the Coimbatore forum as well - I am from CBE as well! I connected with my high school friend through this site after many years! Hopefully you will connect with old friends and make new friends as well.

Thanks for joining us

Shobana

3. SHARMILADSOUZA

SHARMILADSOUZA New IL'ite

Who Am I?

Hi,

My name is Sharmila, am a catholic, the eldest daughter amongst three sisters, born and brought up in Mumbai. A fun loving person who believes that we live our life only once and so live it king size. After my Graduation and few years of working in Mumbai, I came to Dubai in 1995 in search of greener pastures. I also met my life partner out here. We got married in 1998, have two kids a girl (6 years) and boy (4 years). I work for an Insurance broking firm in Dubai and my hubby for a property management company. Life in Dubai is not so easy (juggling between home and office, the traffic, increased cost of living etc.,) but it aint so bad either. I believe in taking one day at a time and so as each new day approaches I tell my self I am going to make the best of this day. ​
    "Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow may never be mine, all I have is today"

I love to cook but I avoid following any particular recipie book as I think cooking is an art and one should be creative, use your imagination and give a personal touch to your dishes. I also love plants and when the weather gets cooler I get busy on weekends potting plants.

I stumbled upon the Indusladies Community whilst browing another site and let me say It is indeed the most wonderful site I have every come across and since I love to make new friends - here I am, to be a friend,make new frieds, be a help, a guide if needed. I dream a lot and I belive in chasing my dreams and turning them to reality. Many of my dreams (though not all) have come true, like have my own car, a home in Mumbai, good job etc. My big dream is to be a foodie. Yes I would love to open a restaurant of my own serving quality food and the dishes would be my very own creation. One Day Someday !

Cheer!
    Sharmila

4. nitha

nitha New IL'ite

Hello Indus Ladies, i'm so glad to be apart of this community.Well, i'm from Malaysia and currently doing my degree in industrial biotechnology.I'm 20 and the eldest in my family.I love reading novels.Hope i'll get a lot of usefull information from this site.
    :thankyou2:

LOVE,
    NITHA :2thumbsup:

5. Nivii

Nivii New IL'ite

Hi Shobana,
    Thanks for the reply...where r u from cbe ?.. where z ur schoolings and degree?

6. Nivii

Nivii New IL'ite

Hi Sharmi,
    Welcome t IL...Very interesting on ur dreams and congrats that it come true ...my wishes for all ur dreams to come true in the near future...

Thanks ,Nirmala

7. dprasantha

dprasantha New IL'ite

Dear Indusladies,

I have joined the community today! ANd I am really excited to see so many topics that I enjoy talking or discussing with my freinds here. But NOrway is a small country and there are very few indians, so I am glad to be apart of a global community.

I love reading and working. I have worked in several fields, as I have an MBA. I am married and have two daughters, 18 yrs and 9 years...both beautiful and good kids. I have lived in several countries before coming to Norway, where I have been living for the last 20 years. We left India when I was 5 years old, more later.

What more can I say? I am looking forward to getting to knowmore people here, so that should be great fun.

With best wishes and happy networking
    Prasantha:)

8. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hello new members of IL - I am amazed on a daily basis as to how far this community has reached. Thanks for joining us all the way from Norway, Dubai & India.

Prasantha - my daughter will be 18 next month - I have no idea how these years flew by!

Nirmala - my parents live near Vadavalli in CBE and have a lot of relatives in R.S. Puram, etc. I did my early schooling in Coonoor and finished high school in Mani High School and college in PSG Arts.

Shobana

9. dprasantha

dprasantha New IL'ite

YEs, you are so right, time goes by so fast. I cant believe she is all grown up and is trying to make her own mistakes. :)

Thank you for your response.

Prasantha:smile:

10. KalyaniSundararajan

KalyaniSundararajan New IL'ite

Hi, to the team!

Hello
    I am Kalyani and this is my first letter. I met two people who were part of this team and wanted to be a part as well.
    I am a Consultant psychological Counsellor practising Alternate therapies at my clinic Sai Sahara at Anna Nagar Chennai. I deal with referrals sent by others as well as those who come in search of counselling. We deal with psychological as well as physical problems...so one can get relief from pain..emotional or any other!1 We use loving methods like Reiki Counselling Flower remedies etc. I am helped by an able team of Reiki masters who trained under me.
    We all chant a lot from the Vedas and sing bhajans. It is fun as well as therapeutic. Anyone wanting to know more aare welcome to contact me.
    I also teach Counselling at the Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and the CSIM, Chennai. I run frequent workshops on Stress management and Reiki on request
    My husband is the Chief Consultant Plastic surgeon at Apollo Hospitals Chennai. My daughter and son are both married and have settled in the US..but it is not an empty nest!! We have a lot going on..
    With love and warm wishes
    Kalyani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.