1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to choose good novels?

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by guddi2, Apr 30, 2010.

1. guddi2

guddi2 New IL'ite

Hi i am new to this forum...i just wanted to start reading books and that should be interesting too..i have no idea about novels..could anyone help me in choosing good book...
    <INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

It depends on what kind of books you like to read.

If its fiction - there are various types - like mysteries, sci-fi, adventurous, romnace, etc. etc. WHich of these would you like to read.

And in non-fiction - there are biographies, political, etc, etc.

Which of these would you like? If you tell us a genere, we might be able to give you some names of good authors in hose categories to let you begin with.

Then when you get used to reading then by reading a synapse of the books that are given behind, you will eventuallu come to judge if you might ike the book or not!

3. guddi2

guddi2 New IL'ite

Hi gayathri...thanks a lot for your reply..i like to read fictions-mysteries and adventure...i have not started reading right now so i am confused in selecting books...could you please help me in finding startup books for me...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

hi guddi,

Have you tried reading Harry Potter? They have enormous number of adventures inside the books, and usualy everyone how reads them, love them! may be you could start off with that?

For mysteries - these are some of the books that are really easy to understand and read and equally compelling. Agatha Christie's books - there is thread in this forum that has some ebooks of her's so you might want to have a look in there. Perry Mason (by Earl Stanley Gardner).

Sidney Sheldon has also some good books with a mixture of mystery and adventure.

These are some of the authors that you could begin with, and they are so good that you will love them even after you have become a matured reader!

Happy reading
    Gayathri