Hair Care in Delhi Summer

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by amritasharma, Apr 28, 2010.

1. amritasharma

amritasharma Senior IL'ite

How do you take care of your hair during the hot summer months of Delhi?

In summer, I stay away from hot air tools like blow dryers, electric curlers and hot irons. These tools are somewhat damaging whenever used. But dry hot air damages hair severely in the hot dry summer months of Delhi.

One of my friends uses jojoba oil in summer. She has advised me to apply jojoba oil to the ends of my hair strands. This softens hair and work wonders on frizzy, unruly hair. Jojoba oil can also be used as a pre-shampoo treatment. Applied to dry strands, this oil acts as protection throughout the day.

Admin Note:

Read
    5 Hair Care Tips to Beat Summer Blues

2. MadhujaJ

MadhujaJ Senior IL'ite

You are right Amrita!! It is very important to stay away from hot air tools during summer.

For extra conditioning, we can apply a deep conditioner and wrap hair in a plastic wrap or shower cap just before bedtime. This allows the deep conditioner to soak into the damaged hair strands overnight. This works as extra repair and re-moisturizing.

If you are out in the sun, without an umbrella, use a hat or scraf to protect the delicate hair strands from the harsh sun rays.

Healthy diet always leads to healthy hair. We should include lots of protein in our diet and drink lots of water. This gives us strong and beautiful hair.

3. anandisingh

anandisingh Senior IL'ite

Before we apply conditioner, we must first squeeze out the excess water from the hair. Applying the conditioner on the scalp must be avoided. It is possible if we bend our head forward with the hair down and then apply the conditioner to the hair length only.

We must not comb and tie wet hair. This leads to hair breakage. We can use a clutch lightly to avoid the hair falling all over us which can be quite uncomfortable in summer.

A paste of Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) and raw milk is very good for hair. Once it dries, we can rinse it off. The tresses become soft and smooth.
    :thumbsup

4. MamtaAgr

MamtaAgr New IL'ite

I suffer from dull lackluster hair in summer :-( I hope these tips will help me. Thank you.

5. JayaRawat

JayaRawat Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

The scorching Delhi heat can indeed damage the tresses and make them rough and brittle. Different hair types need different care and treatment. It is very important to identify your hair type before you choose the product to use.

Since we tend to wash our hair very frequently in summer, it is better to opt for a gentle herbal shampoo. Serum is very important for dry hair.

Regular hair spa treatments can help frizzy hair and add the necessary moisture. This treatment also helps people with hair loss problems. It involves hair wash, conditioning, massage, steam and rinsing.

6. mallika22

mallika22 New IL'ite

Thanks for your tips. They are a great help.