1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

2010-2011 H1b sponsors list

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Dtsfe306, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi ruchi
    Finally some one from the Oracle dev side !! :cheers welcome aboard. As per the consultants I talked to if you have 5 years of exp , then its no problem. As for certifications/trainings , they have asked me about Oracle Fin, Techno-consultant etc. If your PL/SQL is good/excellent , then maybe get some idea about data modelling or data warehousing /informatica. I am planning to do that. Have you spoken to any one? What are they saying ? Oracle certified PL/SQL developer or OCA is always good in any case.

2. royal17

royal17 New IL'ite

@neoarch: Is infinitum ready to file for H1B?
    I heard that the company pay is very very low.What does the consultant say?

3. neoarch

neoarch New IL'ite

@royal17

I am not sure about the pay. But they are ready to file. Also I am not sure how genuine they are to deal with. They ask for security deposit before filing. Have to dig more details about them before finalizing. will let you know if I get details about the salary

4. kalp

kalp New IL'ite

:hiyasprasanna

Thanks a ton for such valuable information ,now we can proceed further...:)

5. shrmaruchi

shrmaruchi New IL'ite

I have 5 yrs of exp and planning to give certification -'Oracle certified PL/SQL developer', I checked few consultants but they are asking for data warehousing, and that to, they have asked to contact in aug.
    do u have exp in DW/Infomatica. I am also looking for study materials ..

ruchi

6. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

@ruchi,

yes all the companies are starting the process in aug....... DW/informatica is a good course. I am planning to do it and I will do it from a study centre where they have a full course + lab+ instructors etc . Lets see. I am thinking about learning ERWin for data modelling too.

7. shrmaruchi

shrmaruchi New IL'ite

grt, thanks for the info. So how much exp. u have? keep in touch.
    my id is same as my name in gmail. Mail me

ruchi

8. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi ruchi,

I have 6.5 yrs of experience. I am about to join a course in DW+Informatica+BI. With an Oracle PL/SQL background, its quite easy to move into DW and it also increases the chances of landing jobs than with just PL/SQL. Especially here in CA, its just too limited a skill set as all companies want people with multiple skill sets here. So instead of doing something totally out of comfort zone, Its definitely better to stick with my core comptency and just ramp up with the latest technology in the same field.

I will definitely keep in touch. Let me give you some links to the DW tutorials :
    https://ecm.elearningcurve.com/category_s/106.htm#archive . Its a free webinar under the 'archived webinars' section. Its by Mark Peco. You will need to register by giving your email . Thats it.

Data Warehousing Tutorials : explains a lot of stuff about DW

Lots of more stuff on the web. I am taking a classrom training because its easier :).

9. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi sprasanna,

Your threads were really helpful. I got the list of consultancies from the list you have posted.

- I found only one consultancy in the list for MA. Do you know any other consultancy in that area?
    - Is it that we should only approach consultants in our area for H1b? Ofcourse, I cannot be moving away from this area due to personal restrictions(my husband works here).

- I saw that you have done CAPM certification. How much did it cost you?

- If we do the PMP cert in India, do they still consider it valid here?

- Also, any luck on getting a sponsor for h1b?

plz keep sharing your inputs as usual. it helps a lot.
    thanks

10. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi prasanna,

IS there any tools we need to learn aong with DW course? I am visiting chennai this month and will be there for quite sometime. thinking of doing the course in India. plz provide more details. I am not from Oracle background...do we need pre-req knowledge to take this course. I am taking this course only for improving my chances of job search in the US.