1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hema04,

avoid these boost or other power drinks, have natural drinks. i know what you are talking about. Weekends can be like that so monday make it a light day.
    love
    alpa:cheers

2. sonachand

sonachand New IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Thanks soo much.
    About my daily diet. i dont take breakfast atall. in morning i ve only a cup of tea . sometimes biscuits or nothing. then around 2.30 pm i ve lunch which is rice dal vegitable or chicken / mutton/ fish curry. In evening around 6.30 or 7 pm, i ve bad carving for snacks. and that time i can eat whatever nonsence (any fried items, chips, any other ready available snacks) and dinner again of rice and dal .

Another very difficult part for me is avoiding tempetation.
    Another part of my social life is parties and eating out. practically every week we have parties at somebodies place or eat at restaturent.
    I LOVE EATING OUT.

what should i do to avoid tempetation. Pls help.

LOL
    Sona

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sona,

first you need to start your day with a breakfast
    Breakfast :- when you wake up have a glass of hot water dd lemon to it and drink it if you cannot take lemon then have the hot water , after an hour have glass of fresh fruit juice made at home esp water melon as it is water based then have a bowl of papaya, oats and something else for breakfast.
    Midmorning snack - have bowl of salad, shredded carrots, cubed cucumbers, cubed coloured peppers sprinkle salt and pepper to it and have it
    lunch have two chapatis and subzi, avoid mutton or any red meat, reduce your oil intake so make your curries in less oil and more water
    mid evening snack with tea have a handful of mixed nuts or a fruit like an apple
    dinner have it 8pm- have home madeveggie soup only and after an hour have an apple
    drink at least 2 litres of hot water everyday
    i need you to follow this, and include a protien in your diet, have protien everyday like an egg for breakfast
    if you followthis you will loose weight, you will have to stop the tepmtations avoid all fried foods
    so i need you to post your diet here everyday ok, if you want to loose weight you will do it but the you haveto do the work not me
    love

4. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sona.

what is important for you your weight loose or your parties and social life?
    you need to be more stricter with your self, before you go out have a bowl of soup and then attend the parties and have something light at the party do not have alot of food, what is the target weight you want to reach?
    if its 60kg then you need to really work hard to loose the extra weight so start taking control of your life
    love

5. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Thanks for the advice. My yesterday's diet.

6:30 AM - Methi Water
    7:00 AM - Tea
    8:00 - 2 pears and tender coconut
    10:00 - Thinned buttermilk
    12:00 - One bowl of water Melon
    1:00 - 2 roti's+Dhal Tadka+Cucumber carrot salad
    4:00 - Thinned butter milk
    5:30 - Boiled sweetcorn sald with pepper and salt. No butter/ghee
    8:00 - 1 bowl bhel puri (MIL made at home, so had to have it)

Went for one hour walk and did abs. I am resuming my elliptical trainer from today onwards.I will weigh my self end of this week and update you.

6. muskaanys

muskaanys New IL'ite

Good Morning Alpa,

My diet for 26/04/2010

Morning 8:00 am - Warm water

9:00 am - Veg sandwich made of 3 slices of bread, filling (potato, onion, carrot, capsicum)

11:00 am - apple + rock melon

1:30 pm - oats with sambhar

4:00 pm - Banana

6:30 pm - Glass of milk with psyllium husk

9:00 pm - salad

10:00 pm - Tender coconut.

Water - 2.5 lts, walk : 30 min

Insha Allah from today i will avoid red meat.

Thnx so much

Muskaan

7. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Muskaan,

i have seen your diet, 3 slices of sandwich in the morning i hope you had whole meal bread not white bread. what is psyllium husk? is it isabgool?
    Are you suffering from constipation. If yes i suggest that you take hot water through out the day and include more intake of salad and fruits at night have soup veggies or addd chicken to it.
    Can you not join the gym? if you can i would suggest that you join a gym do aerobics as it will make your whole body work and also do weight training it will really help you.

love

8. muskaanys

muskaanys New IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Ya i had white bread... I have isabgol (psyllium husk) to reduce my body heat... I cannot have coffe / chicken because of this.... So I take isabgol daily with milk / without milk...

I'll try to have more fruits and salad today.

I dont like veg soup...Thts y i try to skip it..

Love,

Muskaan

9. muskaanys

muskaanys New IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Sorry i forgot to tell u abt my gym... Actually I am a housewife, i dont go to work...DH leaves home at 8:00 am and comes back in the evening... and my son by 1:00 PM. So no chance of going out for gym or aerobics.

Thanx yaar for spending so much time on me...:bowdown

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear muskaan,

a few years back i would only eat potatoes, i hated greens and fruits especially papaya, now i cannot stay without my papaya, i was under weight my weight had never gone beyond 48kg,After turning 30years i start to put on weight and i had unhealthy eating habits now i am 36years old i weigh now 50kg, i drink 2 litres of hot water through out the day i exercise everyday.
    So try to develop a taste for different types of food, log on to Tarladalal.com :: Indian Recipes, Indian Food, Healthy Low Cal recipes and see there are so many soup recipes there that you would enjoy to make and taste.
    love