1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for good friendship in bay area

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by asmabegum, Feb 6, 2010.

1. asmabegum

asmabegum New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My name is Asma Nazeer and im here in Alviso for the past two months. Its very boring for me at the hotel looking at the four walls. Any ladies staying near by and would like to make friendship with me are welcome. I speak tamil, english and hindi. Im on H 4 visa here. REally miss my friends in india. I visit to Great mall every week. And im going to shift to an apartment in milpitas this month.

Thanks all.

2. sweety20

sweety20 New IL'ite

Hi asma,
    I am interested to be your friend. i live close to greatmall in san Jose. Why don't we meet in great mall this friday 2pm at starbucks? Drop in ur orkut/facebook id? We can catch up.........

Sweety

3. asmabegum

asmabegum New IL'ite

Hi sweety,
    I cant come alone..and not possible on friday. so tell me abt urself. and im not sure whether i can give my fb or orkut id here? if u have them can u pls give them? i will add you too.

4. chinni86

chinni86 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Asma and everyone else who is new,
    Welcome to the Bay. I know it gets quite frustrating in the first few months. But you end up making your way around.
    One of the most important things that I did after getting here, apart from setting up home and all, is get my drivers license. To get from point A to point B, you need to have your drivers license. So if you haven't started working on it, please do so. Trust me, makes life easy :)
    Also, one of the other things I did was go knock on my neighbors door. I know it sounds kinda intimidating, but knowing your neighbors is the first step to making friends. And almost everyone in the Bay Area is a nice person and helpful too. It's kinda like networking!
    I've been here since June last year and I started to work with a non profit organisation in a volunteer position, which is also one of the many things you could do while on the H4. Just google Volunteer work in the Bay Area and you'll find a list of organisations you could join.
    If you aren't game for doing any kinda volunteer work, you know the libraries here have free membership right? :)
    Hope this helps!! Just thought I'd pass on some of the knowledge I gained living here.
    Ranjani

5. asmabegum

asmabegum New IL'ite

Hi chinni,

Thanks for the infos. I have still not shifted to an apartment yet.. i will try that when i go there :) I have to work on my driving license ASAP.
    Thanks for sharing. Keep in touch

6. abishek

abishek New IL'ite

Asma, whats happening now ? couldnt see anything further after few threads...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  7. sweety20

sweety20 New IL'ite

Abhishek! Dude!

this is "indus ladies". What are you doing here? Which part of "ladies" did you not understand? Just curious.........that's it. No offense.

Sweety

8. renish

renish Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends

Iam Reni next month i'll come to bay area now we r looking for an apartment now iam near LA want to join with u people bye