1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

One day trip

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by Nitha J, May 22, 2009.

1. Agut

Agut New IL'ite

Places like 6 flags are ideally not suited when there are smaller kids.

Check out this place

Sesame Place
    100 Sesame Rd
    Langhorne, PA 19047

Sesame Place - where Sesame Street comes to life.

Those with kids from 2-4 ages should try and visit this place.Its awesome for kids who love"ELMO"

America's only theme park based on "Sesame Street" celebrated its 20th Birthday Bash in 2000. This unique family park features 15 water attractions, the Vapor Trail roller coaster, a musical parade and plenty of opportunities to rub shoulders with Elmo, Cookie Monster, and other Sesame Street characters.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,

I like to add this for one day trip list;

BROOKYLN BOTANIC GARDEN, NEWYORK.

Rather than travelling all the way to Washington, i would just you suggest you to visit thisplace for cherry bloosoms...it was just a treat for visual with lot of wonderful tulips, cherrybloosoms...variety of flowers...

One suggestion would be just pack few foods which ever you can, though you have a stall there, its bit costly...

Yesterday was almost end fo the peak season, so best time would be between April first week- April3rdweek...for cherry bloosom.

I guess usually they charge $8,but specific itsfree eg: Weekend10a.m-12afternoon.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hii all
    Would like to add another place to this list; Central Park Zoo; NYC.
    Admissions are $10 for adults and free for children under three . It is not a very big zoo; but it is a nice one.

Also there is a Bronx Zoo in NY state. I have not visited it.
    -Nitha

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

wow wonderful thread. lot of places, now i can add to my "To visit list".

We have been to science museum, that is really good one. You get coupon in the library "Think" paper, which allows 1 child free. So just look for it.

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dear Friends,

I would like to add SANDYHOOK BEACH to the list.

Its just 45mts drive from Edison, just a wonderful, pleasant and peacefull place. On peak hours and busydays, it easily takes another 15mts due to traffic. So 1hour maximum but endless joy you get at the end of the day.

They have lot of parking lots from A-K iguess, if you go before 10a.m onbusy days you can get at the near, as we went around 10.15a.m 3 lots got closed. But we were able to get good one, Parking fee is $10/day

If possible carry beach chair and umbrella if not fine. But do carry lot of water and foods,as you don't have any shops near by, you got to walk to entrance to find one. At the same time carry few carry bags to put your trash, as you don't have any trash bin near beach.

Pack chips, fruits and few snacks, prepare very simple lunch...enjoy the whole day. All together i would say if you need a change from your routine chores,with less travel then this is best place.

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...m=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=sandy+hook+beach&spell=1

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  6. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ya we have been to this place..
    Nice garden..
    quick question gokusha - may be apart from this topic,. need to know if you have done facial in newark ave?

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Heeps of thanks to Vaidehi :)
    Great info..
    We visited last weekend and was great.. Temples were good.. Food there was wow..

Rithi was with my MIL in resting area and only my dh & me visited falls.. It was difficult with baby so didnt bother him much..

was gud trip.. thanks again:thumbsup

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Anitha;
    One of our friends travelled there last month and told it is not a great deal. So we were hesitating; as I have toddler. Wondering whether she could handle the trail. What do you think? Is the trail easy with kid under two?
    -Nitha

9. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Wellsboro PA.There is a grand canyon , park ,boating etc.One of our friend suggested that.

Kala

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Kala;
    Wellsboro looks interesting. But any idea; if it is kid/toddler friendly??
    -Nitha