1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a Sewing Machine - Embroidery / Normal

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Mallika29, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Re: which sewing machine to purchase?

Ofcourse I have no idea to help u out here, but there is this thread Choosing a Sewing Machine - Embroidery / Normal

Thought, you might want to read it first, there might be something that u could use from here? :hide:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. dhiva

dhiva New IL'ite

Hi Vani,
    How much did Usha Janome cost?which model?

3. mvsr8

mvsr8 New IL'ite

Thank you Gayatri,for the thread which you have passed on to me.I will look into it for the info
    love
    vijaya

4. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

I've bought a Singer Machine in 2006 and its the best! The Usha I bought around the same time always has problems.

5. ramvino

ramvino Platinum IL'ite

hi friend,
    i want to suggest the machine i had usha janome only. but the main thing is have to maintain it regularly atleast once in a month like putting oil, wipes all the sides even inside of the machine. and have to lookafter the needle it is sharp or not, in that way have to keep clean and if many pblms occured we can service at the right time. so buying the machine is not a great thing have to maintain it in goodway then only we can purchase the machine. its my suggestion dont take it as a seroius matter. because all machines are good maintenance is the good one to keep the machine in good condition. so buy any machine, that is not a great thing i think!! and it depends upon the demands of urs like the design settings and computerised also is there, so go to many shops and take a short notes on that and compare the prizes and the facilites of the machines, then u can decide. well friend! i think i had given u a long post and let me know what machine will u buy!!

6. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ladies, for a beginner, do you recommend those old meritt models or i can get a hang of singer fashion maker? I dont want to exchange/buy machines often, so thinking if i invest in singer fashion maker directly, will it help me or will I get confused?
    TIA

7. mamataonline

mamataonline New IL'ite

buying new sewing machine -- help needed

hi friends,
    i am very new to this site as well as to stitching. i am planning to buy a new sewing machine. i have gone thru some of the previous posts, still im in confusion. lot many things and models are mentioned there.

i am staying in hyderabad, koti area. my budget is around Rs. 3000-4000. please suggest me which company and model would be suitable for me. and its completely for home purpose. thank you in advance.

mamata.

8. yasskamal

yasskamal Bronze IL'ite

Hai,

Last month i was confused, which type of machine is useful. But I saw many suggestions in this site. If we are doing commercial, the industrial type is good choice i.e. old type machine like singer or usha whatever maybe. Otherwise home purpose, i.e. machine is using occasionaly we may buy electronic machine. But last week i brought industrial type sinder merritt with motor.

with love
    yasskamal:thumbsup

9. Haasini

Haasini New IL'ite

sewing machine in USA

Hi,
    I would like to know which sewing machine is good to buy in US. I'm confused which one to buy. Can anyone suggest good sewing machines to buy?

Thanks.

10. ayyalassree

ayyalassree New IL'ite

Re: sewing machine in USA

Hello Haasini,

I would suggest going for either Brother LS2125 or Brother CS6000i. LS2125 is a beginner machine which costs around 70-75$. Cs6000i is a computerized embroidery machine which costs around 160$. I am using both of them and find them really good.
    Let me know if you need more information.