1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Routine of H4 Ladies

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by DDS, Apr 20, 2010.

1. DDS

DDS New IL'ite

Hi all....Lets pool in our daily routine........what all the ladies do the whole day,how spend their day?

I'm really bored of the same routine.......nothing much to do...except some of the household chores,surfing net.....no Indians near by,so boring whole day......sometime i start going to gym but can not continue for long.......really lacking motivation.......just getting lazier day by day.......

what you all ladies do??

Priya

2. everjoy24

everjoy24 New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Same with me yaar.
    I want to do alot of things,but doing nothing(lack of interest/motivation).:drowning
    my Daily chores are packing lunch to hubby,india calls,cleaning,laundry.....etc
    I also started going to gym these days.
    I tried to train my mind to be a happy H4 but not able to cope up with this H4 life.:bonk

1 person likes this.
  3. DDS

DDS New IL'ite

Hey!!.....atleast someone is there like me:cheers

Exactly....this is all what i do...

I've got so lazy that i even take shower just before my husband comes......i feel like my day starts in the evening.....pooja also i do in evening only.

I'm really tired of this routine of mine.....really want to change buttt.....

How long you have been in US?which place you are in?Were you working in India?

1 person likes this.
  4. Jooo

Jooo New IL'ite

I am in the same boat.... i try to keep myself occupied by trying out new new dishes everyday ... Apart from that the usual routine cleaning,laundry,cooking and so on.... i used to work in India .. I am a Software Engineer :bangcomp:... Tried for volunteer work also but nothing got owrked out.. Just getting bored day by day :-(

5. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Oh Oh...don't give up!! Just a couple ideas!:idea

How about a hobby like crocheting. knitting, embroidery or sewing or even painting? The best part of this hobby is the end result...

Another idea is photography of butterflies, flowers or plants. Post them here and share with the rest of us.

Or perhaps gardening? For starters, something small like a window box planter.

My day doesn't have enough hours to do everthing I want to accomplish.

Hugs,
    OOPALL!

6. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

Hello frnds ,

Me toooo:drowning felt like found fellow companions in the same boat .
    totallllllllllllly exhausted :bonkof this everyday routine.

my day starts off early as 6am so tired of doing this everyday household chores cleaning, cooking ironing, laundry, packing lunches , vaccum, ..,and so on and prayers.

trying very hard to change buttttttttttt not working and also tired of thinking when this ends.:biglaugh

:cheers
    sreya.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  7. Gayitri

Gayitri New IL'ite

:bonkHi all....Look at the icon...same situation is with me.There are so many things out there to catch but my hands are folded back.Anyway getting up early in morning, preparing food, packing lunch, cleaning etc etc..I try to do yoga/pranayam regularly.Try to have a walk in evening.

I know I am loosing interest in daily chores and that is a sure sign of creeping depression. I use to work in India.

I use to volunteer a lot in my daughter's school.
    Also nowadays I watch lots of Hindi movies..especially old types.I had never watched saas bahu serials but these days I am watching Pratigya;a new serial on starplus...it looks little genuine...due to its script and dialogue delivery...based on Allahabad

Will somebody tell me pease what is this trackback while replying? I am new and don't have much idea.

Best Wishes to all.

Lets pool in our daily routine........what all the ladies do the whole day,how spend their day?

I'm really bored of the same routine.......nothing much to do...except some of the household chores,surfing net.....no Indians near by,so boring whole day......sometime i start going to gym but can not continue for long.......really lacking motivation.......just getting lazier day by day.......

what you all ladies do??

Priya[/QUOTE]

8. Gayitri

Gayitri New IL'ite

:bonkHi all....Look at the icon...same situation is with me.There are so many things out there to catch but my hands are folded back.Anyway getting up early in morning, preparing food, packing lunch, cleaning etc etc..I try to do yoga/pranayam regularly.Try to have a walk in evening.

I know I am loosing interest in daily chores and that is a sure sign of creeping depression. I use to work in India.

I use to volunteer a lot in my daughter's school.
    Also nowadays I watch lots of Hindi movies..especially old types.I had never watched saas bahu serials but these days I am watching Pratigya;a new serial on starplus...it looks little genuine...due to its script and dialogue delivery...based on Allahabad

Will somebody tell me please what is this trackback while replying? I am new and don't have much idea.

Best Wishes to all.

9. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

The advice I gave my working friends from India before they got married and came here on a H4.

Know what you are getting into before considering getting married to a H1B person. You might not be able to work for a long time. Don't jump , get married to an NRI just for the desperation of landing in this country(some of my friends were) and then complain about not able to work. Don't hope that you'll get an EAD and you can start working immediately Instead get prepared mentally that you might have to sit at home whole day or roam around with friends whole day in the worst case.. If you can't then re-think about getting married to a H1B. They say they can't estimate how life is here..Oh well :)
    If they can, then the transition will be little easier. I suggested them to think ahead of everything they might do with the free time..some of them learned some crafts so that they can pass their time ff here
    I used to argue with them that how can they get married to a H1B without even thinking about how the life might be here...I guess unless I am in their shoes I can't estimate the situation

Meant No offense to anyone

10. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,
    I was on H4 for sometime. I came to US when it was winter and no friends around and I was bored and was constantly nagging my DH. Was working for 4 years before wedding... DH would say " Do something constructive.." and he gave me pointers to what I can learn...

And these were the things I did to pass my time.. Believe me, I forgot the term boredom... And at one point DH started calline me busybee.. LOL
    • Learn some new technology (I started with C# and then moved on with SQL). DH installed visual studio on a laptop and I started having hands on experience.
    • I used to attend Paint/drawing classes held by Micheals/Joanne. There are still some paintings hung in our house done by me...
    • Try some new recipe.. So many of mine were disasters, but still it was a new found interest for me.
    • I did yoga everyday.
    • I love driving.. So I used to go to some bookstore/library and spend sometime every week. Not only book store, I used to just walk around shopping malls (just for a change).
    • Browsed internet a bit.
    • Went to gym in the apartment complex
    • Then regular cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.,
    • I could never stitch even a button and even now I haven't changed in that aspect.. So if you like tailoring, embroidary thats somewhere you can spend some time.
    I know saying is easier than implementing. You could try to start with one thing that would interest you and slowly expand your interest.

Just my opinion...

1 person likes this.