1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Trenton,NJ

Discussion in 'Indians in New Jersey' started by geetha11, Apr 21, 2010.

1. geetha11

geetha11 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are moving to Trenton,NJ in the first week of may.can any one suggest good apts for rent in trenton area.

Thanks in advance,
    Geetha.

2. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Geetha,

I have worked in Trenton for the last four years and all I can say is that Trenton is not a place to live. Nobody is around after 5 pm. The city empties up as the gov't offices close. The crime rate is very high and all you see around there are gang like people hanging around. The neighborhood is pretty rough. I don't mean to scare you but looks like you don't know about this so thought I give you some first hand info. If you or DH found a job near there, go live across the border in PA (may be Yardley) which is about 10 to 15 mins commute or go to Hamilton (or even better option is Princeton).

Do some research yourself and decide but I recommend you stay away from there. Again, I am not trying to discourage you but telling you the truth. My boss and co-workers always looked out for me when I had to stay late. They would drop me off at the train station rather than letting me walk out alone nor let me wait for the shuttle right outside my office building.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  3. geetha11

geetha11 New IL'ite

Desidiva,

Thanks a lot for the information.we have never been to NJ so the information you provided is very helpful.can you help me with some more information as to which apts should we prefer in princeton. i might be bugging u but i saw lots of rent sites but i don't know which apt to consider.

thanks again for ur info.

geetha

4. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

Geetha,

I have never lived in princeton so can't recommend any apartments. Although, it is one of the best places that I have been to in NJ. I looked to see if there was an existing thread discussing apts in Princeton but didn't find any. So, I recommend you create one and ask all the NJ ladies. I am sure someone will give you the info.

Good luck with the move!

5. geetha11

geetha11 New IL'ite

Desidiva,

Thanks a lot for the info.

Geetha

6. virajaji

virajaji New IL'ite

1) "Mews at Princeton Junction" is very close to the Princeton Junction train station, if you are planning to take the train to get to Trenton for Work
    2) If you will be driving to Trenton then there are a lot of other options.
    3) If you need to take the train and if you do not mind a 10-15 min bus ride to Princeton Junction then there are a lot options in Plainsboro(getting a parking spot at Princeton Junction station is more than 5 year wait)
    4) If you need luxury apartments then your best bet is "Braclays Square at Forrestal Village" community

Hope this helps.

7. Sumeesandy

Sumeesandy New IL'ite

You can look for apartments in Robbinsville as well. This city is near to princeton. The commute from Robbinsville to Trenton is easy.

8. geetha11

geetha11 New IL'ite

Thanks sumeesandy and virajaji for the input.appreciate it.

9. goldbloom

goldbloom New IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

When considering your move, it depends on a number of factors, like if you have kids, your budget for rent etc...Plainsboro is more economical than princeton.

I would be happy to help if you need more information.

10. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

Hi Geetha,

When you say TRENTON, NJ, is really depends on the zipcode. Lawrenceville, which is about 5-10 miles from trenton is where a lot of Indians live, infact there is a community with 80% Indians to live, but when you google it up it will come as TRENTON, zipcode for LAwrenceville - 08648. There are Indian grocery shops, temples and malls. There are so many Indians living there and good neighbourhood. Schools are not that bad either...hope this helps..

Shilpa.