1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What does DH want?!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 20, 2010.

Do you think you meet your DH's expectations? What percentage do you meet?

1. 100%

19.3%
  2. 75%

45.8%
  3. 50%

24.1%
  4. 25%

7.2%
  5. 0%

3.6%
  1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

My DH is clearly UNCLEAR on what he wants from a wife... probably he's let his mother take all those decisions.
    All he knows that he wants a peaceful life and how it comes is not his baby.

Each time I confront him, he says he has no major issues except that we have fight every 6 mnth and nothing else that he wants changed... however there are load many instructions that get fed into him and am FED UP of.

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

The thread asks for an Indian man's perspective, so here you get it.
    I'll say it from a man's perspective in one short word:

SURRENDER

(I dont mean it in an abusive or submissive manner). But if the DW gives herself fully to the DH and in that sense surrenders to him, then a (normal) DH will go great lengths to ensure there is happiness in the family.

Essentially read it as the DW surrenders to the DH, and then automatically the DH will surrender to the DW as well. The bonding is then complete and strongest.

(Again dont add your negative connotations to the 'surrender' word)

Too often, there is an ego struggle in the beginning phases of a marriage - who is greater or is it 50-50 etc. That only weakens the marriage.

Anyway my honest opinion from a male's perspective. Take it or leave it for what its worth.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Also, I dont think men are non-expressive. They can be expressive. I am reasonably expressive person, to give you an example.

However, the language of men and women are different and therein lies a need for 'translation' of the expressions or subtleties.

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I think our ILites have already said it all.

In a nutshell men want their wife to take care of everything so that they can be carefree and get the love and affection also from the wife.

Saying this,I remember a joke from vadivelu movie:

Vadivelu : What is 1+1
    Kovai Sarala : 2
    Vadivelu : No it is 1.1+1 = 2 is school maths but 1+1 = 1 is husband's maths.

KS : :-(
    Vadivelu : What are you looking at?If you listen to me and do things as per my wish , I will build a statue for you near the beach saying "even my wife is a pathini".Otherwise I will kill you.
    KS : :-(

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Vadivelu defining the relationship :coffee

6. sk07

sk07 New IL'ite

a gud question,

in first place they need a wife , who will not disturb them or question them, expects us to trust them , love a good cooking wife, at times expect to seek permissions from them, they always want us to respect their family, and above all they want their wives not to complain anything , they dont like cribbing , and would always welcome and appreciate if we give them their breathing space, in short we should not step into what they think as their freedom???:rant

7. bhuvnidhi

You got it wrong..It was a joke!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

My post was in jest as well, you missed it, LOL! Ofcourse I knew it was a joke. I'd never take vadivelu seriously :)

9. bhuvnidhi

Ooops sorry,Spiderman.This is what they say you can interpret a sentence in many ways.:cheers

10. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

i actually take comedians seriously. most of life's philosophies are very nicely explained by comedians (vivek, vadivelu etc). most of the jokes convey practical approach to life that is very helpful. infact i have learnt a lot about people, relatives, friends and society from comedy scenes.

Bhuv nice joke. vadivelu and kovai sarala are one of the best comedy couples. i cant forget the telex pandian joke and KS's kungfu fights from Maayi (liquor shop and bus scene). :rotfl

mstrue: i wanted to ask this from long time. are you an artist ? are the sketches in your avatar drawn by you ? if yes then just wanted to say that they are very nice.

cheers.