1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What does DH want?!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 20, 2010.

Do you think you meet your DH's expectations? What percentage do you meet?

1. 100%

19.3%
  2. 75%

45.8%
  3. 50%

24.1%
  4. 25%

7.2%
  5. 0%

3.6%
  1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Just curious to hear from you all, what do you all think that a husband would generally want from his wife in life? During my college days, we girls used to discuss what we as a wife would expect from our future husbands.. but we never discussed what a man would expect from his girl. Just recently when I was talking to a friend, it occured to me, if fellow ILites could pitch in their views, wouldn't that be a helpful reference to the 'non-expressive male mind'..

IL females can speculate what they 'think' men want..
    and IL men can approve/disapprove the theories tossed on the thread..
    Better yet, if IL men can shed more light to their general expectations towards DWs that would be great. Wouldn't that be a handy reference for us given the 'non expressive' nature of men?

What say you, friends.. What is it that a DH dreams in his DW ? What does he want in a marriage through her?

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Ms.true,

Had an opportunity to read your blogs.Awesome:thumbsup.

Now coming to this topic,

1.A husband wants emotional support,financial support,good network(through his wife's FOO,friends,colleagues etc).

2.He wants her to get involved in all family discussions,important decisions,it at all her presence is mandatory

3.He wants her to accept/digest his negatives,no matter what it is!

This is JMO.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

cant generalise
    but my dh always says he wants a wife who can understand him properly
    sometimes i get angry very soon for example when he says he will come in 5mins and makes it 1 hr as soon as he comes either i keep a long face and wont talk or start an argument before he gives the reason...
    he says he wants a wife who can totally understand him

and most importantly says *****who takes care of his parents and respects them and follows them ********

4. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

As i am not much aged to discuss on this but would like to share my views on this!!!!

a DH wants nothing more than love, love, love to be in short!!

to explain in a brief as he may come across many relations till marriage the only close relation after marriage is his DW!!
    he is about to spent major part of time with her! so its natural for him to expect a much from his wife!!

first and foremost a good cooking wife it really makes him to love coming to his house sooner and increases his love on his wife that this taste may even touch his heart!!

the next is a patient and everloving wife! he really feels happy and proud of a wife when she always welcomes her husband from office with smile on her face!! with pleasant words too!! it makes him feel to be at home always and he loves to be with her!!

wifes do remember that he is also a human with all emotions that h may have stress at office and also outside so its a need for us to relieve him from stress by our love and affection!!
    please do forgive him in little things that does not cost much but only gains you your DH's love and affection!

do see that your love to him increases day by day by these actions :thumbsup

have a wonderful life:thumbsup

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

WoW! So many wonderful insights.

If I have to summarise my thinking, I would put it as below.. I think,

:idea
    A man wants in his wife a girl who can travel with him without drastically changing his life, a girl who can keep his happiness & family intact..

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Amen to this!!!:)

7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Thanks a bunch, Rajalakshmi ! :)

Excellent points on the topic too.:thumbsup

@ Yamini:
    Good thinking, yaar!:thumbsup

8. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

what husbands want from their wives is this, "dont give me any tension (in any form)". otherwise their fuse just blows off. either it bursts or is under repair (doesn't work properly or constantly gives you problems later).

cheers.

9. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

wow nice topic MStrue!!

Well i think it varies from man to man.For some men emotional support from Dw is important then good cooking and vice versa. its difficult to generalize it but some common things can be listed like:
    1. Love
    2.Respect for his family
    3. Respect for his ambitions
    4. care for his household things
    5. Most important emotional support in tough times
    and last but not the least Understanding

If a DW provdes all of them then i think she should be awarded as an ideal and perfect DW:cheers

10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

My DH never said that aloud, Lavii. But I know that that is his most important want. :) And I believe it is the same for most men.

The clause "keep his happiness and family intact" in my one line summary (in previous post in this thread) is the result of that realisation.