August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

thank you so much vids for your detailed information regarding diet control. :bowdownso i have to eat less carbs for breakfast like 1 dosa and have 3 dosas for dinner? sounds good to me. i'll follow this diet before i go for the GD test. believe me i don't know what i'll do without ilites friends. thank god for this website.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Lalitha, I was asked to eat normally before the glucose test. Otherwise, the results would not be correct. So dont go into low-carb foods now. If you clear the GD test, no need to even think about carb counting (of-course you can eat healthier and avoid sweets/sugars - its always good)!

So dont worry about it now, when you dont even know! Just eat like how you used to eat, until the test to check whether or not you have GD. Also, if you unfortunately happen to have, your doc/dietitian will give a personalized plan for you. You may even have 3 carb choices for breakfast :) Maybe you can just reduce direct sugar / fruit juices till the test? But definitely dont go into low-carb diet!!
    Good luck for the test & do update us on the results!!

3. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

sure i'll update my test results. you're right, since i tried to control my carbs intake, i'm feeling nausea :( have less energy to exercise too. i'll continue eat normally as i used to until the GD test. if the test shows i have GD, i'll follow what the dietitian recommends. thanks for your valuable advice dear.

4. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Top 10 Things I Wish I Would Have Known Before Going to Delivery

<iframe src="http://api.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.babiesonline.com%2Farticles%2Fpregnancy%2Fthingsiwishiknew.asp&source=babiesonline&style=normal&service=bit.ly" frameborder="0" height="61" scrolling="no" width="50"></iframe>
    By Amy Cummings
    1. Don’t waste time buying a nice outfit for the hospital. After women give birth, they bleed (like a heavy period). I was much more comfortable in the hospital gown and those undergarments they give you to wear. It is so much easier.
    2. There is a pretty good chance you may go number #2 while pushing the baby out! This certainly isn’t something to be embarrassed about, it happens naturally when you are bearing down.
    3. Don’t plan on sleeping while you are in the hospital. Nurses are in and out at all hours. If you’re nursing the baby, they will bring her/him in to nurse, etc. Don’t be annoyed. Their job is to take care of you and your new little gift, let them.
    4. You are charged for all the stuff that is under the baby in the hospital bassinet! I didn’t know this the first time. However, the second time around, I took everything I could, including diapers, blankets, nasal aspirator (AKA “The Boogie Sucker”), the water jug, etc. If I am paying for it, I am taking it!
    5. You might be modest before you go into the hospital, but it is a good idea to shed it before you check in. Everyone comes to check your “Belly” every hour or so, no shame left at all! Don’t be embarrassed, they do this everyday. In addition, their job is to take care of you and your little one on the way, so let them!
    6. Although things can get pretty uncomfortable, it all melts away once you see your baby. All the pain is worth it when you hear your baby’s first cry and hold them for the first time.
    7. Try not to have expectations when you go into the hospital to deliver. Don’t have your mind set on having/not having an epidural, giving birth naturally, having a c-section, etc. Remember, it doesn’t matter how the baby gets here, as long as it’s healthy.
    8. I wish I had known to tell friends not to come to the hospital – you are there such a short time and you need all the sleep and help from the nurses you can get!!!! You’ll have the rest of your lives to show off your new addition.
    9. Use the nurses for all the knowledge that they have. Nurses do this everyday, all day. Therefore, use them for their knowledge. Ask them to show you how to correctly change the babies diaper, give them a bath and feed them. Even if this is not your first child, get a “refresher” course. If there is something that you forget to ask, call them!
    10. If you are nursing, ask to meet with a lactation nurse. These nurses specialize in making both mommy and baby successful in breast-feeding. In addition, you may want to ask for some breast shields to take home with you. If you are not nursing, as the nurses the best way to help you feel comfortable when your milk comes in and drying up.
    About the Author
    Amy Cummings is currently a stay at home mom who takes care of her two daughters. Amy is a special education teacher by trade. She created the “Knot Me” which helps eliminate knots and bald spots from riding in the car seat or stroller. They are available at
    http://www.theknotme.com. In addition, Amy sells gourmet soy candles and soaps. Visit her website at http://www.soycandleshome.com.

5. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Thanks Lalitha that was i mean will be really helpful
    Maneet

6. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

A late entrant here!! :) (tho i have been readin the thread for a while now :p)

My Due date in Aug 1, 2010...First pregnancy!!

So far...alls well (As the husband wud put it!)

Have to get my GD blood test done by next check up...my mom has diabetes....lets see!!

Kicks come nd go......so do odd pains.....but docs have no complains so far :)

Only thing I miss is my husband.... Wish he were here to share this experience :(....

Btw thanks for all d wisdom u guys hav already shared!! :)

7. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hello Divine84
    Welcome to the board.Wow You may be a late entrant to this thread but you are on the top of the list of the due dates here.
    Eat well and enjoy your pregnancy.
    Maneet

8. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear friends,
    well hope everyone is doing great! Yippe! I can't believe I'm already 24 weeks and 1 day! This pregnancy is definitely flying by for me. I owe it all to my precious baby girl who is only 6 months!!! :) She definitely keeps me on my toes! Hope all is well!!!! I'm feeling baby move more and more every day and her kicks are getting stronger these days.

Sometimes I feel like the baby is so low. I can feel her moving right above my pubic bone - doesn't this seem awfully low or is this normal? Has anyone else had this problem? hope its normal!

Also I am trying to find out what is the best baby bottles to use. Any advice ladies? There are so many to chose from......

9. Kootagirl

Kootagirl Silver IL'ite

HI,
    Even i feel the same.. movement in above public bone. I feel the movements more while i am sitting and sleeping.

10. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Hi Lalitha
    First of all congrats for crossing the 24 week mark.I am following you,right now I am 23 weeks and 5days.
    Don't worry about the baby movements in the lower area,same thing happens to me also.Sometimes the baby is moving so down there and sometimes dancing just under the belly button,like trying to tickle mama.:rotfl
    So enjoy the kicks and just relax.
    Maneet

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010