Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear aswini,
    Great FBs!
    I am happy hat you did'nt put God on diet & offered him baked vadais!:biggrin2:
    Any rasam made spicy sits rasa vadai.
    Rava dosai needs a perfect tava & more practice. I frankly admit, my rava dosais are not half as good as Ruby's!!
    Thanks for al FBs.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

aarthi, I am so thrilled!! I just love it because of its taste.
    2" tall silicon mould?? Sounds interesting. But I too think, the more the height of loaf tin, the more time it takes to cook. If it turns out perfect & successful (of which I am sure), do post the photo of bread as well as Si mould!!
    உங்களுக்கு எல்லாம், பிரெட் பன்ணறது இவ்வளவு ஈஸியாக இருக்கு, என்பதில் எனக்குத் தாங்க முடியாத பெருமை!:thumbsup
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

dear mam...
    today i made celery mushroom rice and Shabnam Curry (Mushroom-Peas)

yummy yummy yummy

The rice has a distinct taste of just the celery and mushroooms and no spices at all :) and the combo with the spicy Shabnam Curry (Mushroom-Peas) is awesome...

Thankyou for the wonderful recipes

Luv
    Nisha

4. Chitvish

Dear Nish,
    This rice is very special because it is sooo tasty with just pepper taste!:thumbsup
    Mushroom-Peasurry is spicy enough for this simple rice!
    Thanks for a yummy Fb!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

mami,

ippo dhaan bread taste pannen,,,super o super,,ennoda payyan is a picky eater and he is relishing on this bread,,what more do i need...camera charging la irukku,,i will post the photos soon,,,when toasted it is just like store bough one ,,no difference in texture and taste,,only shape is a bit diff..

thanks a zillion
    lov
    aarthi

6. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

here r the photos of the bread and the loaf tin

lov
    aarthi

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dearest aunty,

Black urad vadai was indeed yummylicious. Made about 25 vadais and all emptied the same evening :). It retained the crunchiness pretty well. Considering the ease of making it than regular urad dal vadai and the amount of additional loads of fiber that we get from black skin, this would be preferred choice over the latter. Planning to make some Palak dhal this evening, contemplating among few from the recipe index. Will comeback with its FP later.

-Uma

8. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made Mixed vegetable saadam today. I love these kalandha saadhams without any masala flavour. Great aroma because of the peanuts, was great with curds.:) Actually Neeraja tried it couple of days ago and told me to try too. She makes a lot of your one pot meal recipes and carries in her lunch box.:) Since my lil one is still in a continental rice mood, I microwaved this mix veg rice with lot of cheese on top for her, and she loved it too :)

Cheers,
    Nithya

9. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra madam;
    My vishu wishes.
    A series of FB's. Made Cashew Biscuts; the same day after seeing saras's tempting pic. It came out very well; even without an FP.
    Made Mushroom Stir Fry Rice and Cauliflower Manchurian. Both came out very very well.
    Yesterday tried Choclote Biscotti. It was absolutely easy and very yummy too. Loved it very much. Thanks a lot.

Most of the dishes for today(vishu) was from your pandora box:). Made shallot Sambar; Pineapple Race; Cabbage palya and Strawberry Sandesh . Everything was absolutely best. I could not pick which is better than the best. Each were best in its taste. Strawberry Sandesh was totally new to me. We both love bengali sweet; and it was truly a bliss to have sandesh.
    Thanks a lot for the wonderful vishu treat.
    -Nitha.
    Attaching a few pics here . I don't know how much I can attach in this thread; so rest in virtual feast thread. Edited to give the photo link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/miscellaneous-recipes/36317-virtual-feast-94.html#post1159475.
    -Nitha

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  10. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra Mami,

Do you have any option of no wheat or maida breads. I can substitute rice milk for cow's milk. I wanted to know if you have tried something gluten-free and Vegan.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.