1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do u need to bare it all to ur husband.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by happygal4, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It depends on when one tells DH such stuff - before marriage or after. IMO, such details are best conveyed before marriage. In arranged marriages, such sharing might happen only after marriage when husband and wife know each other a bit, unless there is a long gap between engagement and marriage.

-Rihana

2. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I think romantic history should be touched upon at a high level before marriage. That way if either partner is uncomfortable they can withdraw.

If either partner values being the first, and finds out post-marriage of the pre-marital liasons, they will feel cheated and that could have ripple effects.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Not only that.There is a possibility that the guy or the guys family will let your relatives know about it.I need not say the consequences after that.

4. chaand

chaand New IL'ite

No...I don't think it is necessary to show all all the skeletons in ur cupboard to ur husband.

5. UKBornNBred

UKBornNBred New IL'ite

Men are transparent creatures when it comes to the past. They want their partner, mother of their kids to be as pure as possible. In their minds, it's acceptable to have had sexual partners. But their women, should have only a few, ideally one!

In my opinion they think two partners is acceptable, any more and they think of you as loose!

What if he hears it from someone else? Be vague on details, but never deny anything. You don't want your partner to accuse you of ever lying. There's a difference between being dishonest and being economical with the truth!

6. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

"There's a difference between being dishonest and being economical with the truth! "

True!!!

U can mention but keep details which might hurt ego/sentiments to ur self......

From experience, we had an arranged marriage and I told my hubby abt my 'relationship' sometime during our engagement period....he told me abt his after marriage......now its a joke we pull on each other once in a way......but wat worked for us, neednt work for all........

Again i dont know all the details of his past and he doesnt know all the details of mine, but we know and tat somehow helps.....