1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle frizzy hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by shubini, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hello friends

Include me also in your group...

I have got 5-10 inches below shoulder level hair....

Frizzy and curly and fluffy too....

and it was unmanageable as the quantity of hair would be dense growth..

I have and had terrible hairfall all these years..I never minded or cared my hair..

Reason was i hated my hair and secondly as it was dense i thought if I lose some hair it would be manageable but my freinds and relatives used to envy on my hair:crazy...

Yes after lots of hairfall now its manageable and looks as though its dense but if i plait it..becomes very lean...

I use only normal parachute oil...

Used to use mild shampoos like chik..

But now I am using only dove shampoo and conditioner(sky blue color)
    and pantene serum sometimes...

I always dilute shampoo and apply....

If i shampoo on 2nd morning...I leave my hair open....
    I get headache because of which I need to oil my hair in the evening of 2nd then I would just tie plaits for 2 days i.e 3rd and 4th and on 5th again I wash my hair with shampoo....

I cant simply wash my hair as i have oiled it....

I like to leave my hair free..but its not possible with oiled hair...

haan important thing..My body temperature is very hot..So i feel my whole body is burning or i get headache if i dont oil my hair after the hair wash.i mean the evening.

I also had terribly rough hair..Now its little soft compared to earlier after conditioning...

Give me some suggestions...

How can i avoid oil????

How can I stop hairfall?Its very severe..I am afraid I will become bald:idea...

My forehead is becoming big....:spin

If possible Please post your hair fotos...:hide:.back pose.DOnt kill me:crazy

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

@ PRETTINA: you can try this simple tips for hair fall:
    *Lettuce is useful in preventing hair loss. A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice is believed to help the growth of hair if taken to the extent to half a litre a day
    * Onion has also been found beneficial in patchy baldness. The affected part should be rubbed with onions morning and evening till it is red. It should be rubbed with honey afterwards.
    * Mustard oil, boiled with henna leaves, is useful for healthy growth of hair. About 250 ml of mustard oil should be boiled in a tin basin. About sixty grams of henna leaves should be gradually put in this oil till they are burnt in the oil. The oil should then be filtered using a cloth and stored. Regular massage of the head with the oil will produce abundant hair.

as for dry hair, you can try these tips:
    *Work the mayonnaise into your hair, starting by massaging it into the scalp and roots. Then draw it through to your ends until your hair is thoroughly coated. Pile the hair on top of your head. Take a couple of feet of saran wrap and wrap it around the top of your head to contain the mayo.
    *Take a pre-heated towel from the dryer and wrap it around your head over the saran wrap. The heat will aid with deep conditioning. After about 10 minutes, change to another heated towel and leave that on for another 10 minutes.
    *Remove the towel and plastic wrap and shampoo your hair as usual. Done once a month, this cholesterol treatment will keep your hair soft and shiny.
    * Tip: if your hair ends are very damaged from chemical treatment, you can do this once a week. If your scalp is naturally oily, you might want to only add mayo to the hair ends for weekly treatments.

3. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi dale,

Thats so nice of you to take you time and write to me...

Thanks a lot for the tips...

Let me try to follow..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

hi

People with curly entangled hair can try to massage warm olive oil thrice a week followed by a hot towel wrap on ur head for 15 minutes.This wd give a conditioned hair after ur hair wash with shampoo.For good results to remain permanant,this shd be followed for some months. :idea

5. pushiv

pushiv New IL'ite

:rotflpei ottum asaami!!! ha ha haaa...i guess thats how i looked earlier.now aftr trying all treatments and straightening and losing half my hair in the process...i look a little decent. what is this hair spa treatment? frizzy hair treatment didnt work for me.and after spending so much on the trtmnt i had to buy all those shampoos and conditioners to maintain it.
    Pushpa

6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Friends,

I did go for intense smoothing therapy in the weekend.They labeled my rat tail(so called hair:biglaugh) as longgggggg hair and charged Rs.1000 :drowning.Hair was soft and shiny for 1 day and started frizziness again:hide:.I did buy Matrix smoothing serum for dry and frizzy hair(200 Ml.Rs.450).Will try this and let you know the output.

Attached Files:

7. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

hmm...RG waiting for your fb on serum:)

8. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

RG,

There you go for a treatment, and here I come with a paati vaidhyam:).Dont scold me now. My frizz has partially smoothened on using Arisi Kanji+ hibiscus leaves. I have been saoking 6-10 leaves in a bowl of drained rice starch liquid and applying it along with a shampoo for over 10 days now. My hair has seriously improved.It is a pretty painstaking process, but I am very happy with the result.

Do let me know on the serum

Arch

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Archana, Is it enuf if we just soak the hibiscus leaves or do we have to paste it along with Kanji?Is it okay if we mix hibiscus leaves powder with Kanji?

10. msharadha

msharadha New IL'ite

Hi Archana, so hows the process, do you make a paste of the leaves with the kanji and apply, could you explain it. Most of us in this thread are just waiting to spring into any home remedy that would make a change. And have you been doing it everyday???

And thanks for sharing!!!:bowdown

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010