1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which is a better life : Married OR Single ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by geeta79, Jun 5, 2007.

1. diana

diana Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

As I have been in a loveless marriage, i would have voted for Single, where i had enjoyed my spinster life to the fullest.

But then again, what marriage gave me was the most beautiful experience of being a MOTHER:-D . So i should surely vote for 'Married'.

My kids are the ample of my eyes. In them i see my childhood and my youth. I feel I dont miss anything and that i am born again.

So i vote for "Married".

Diana

1 person likes this.
  2. lakshminarasimhan

lakshminarasimhan New IL'ite

Till about a year or so ago, my answer would have perhaps leaned somewhat to Single :).

I always used to believe that it was just a matter of individual choice - and that the companionship arguement doesn't hold good because women seek to connect with other women more (Well, this hypothesis still holds good, IndusLadies is proof of it)

But then I have come to realize that sharing your life and shaping it together with somebody who loves you more than anybody/anything else, is a blast :yes:.

So I'd say that if one is able to find a person with whom they can realy share special moments (trust me, even continuous bickering can bring a whole lot of happiness), then one should opt for being married.

3. WesternDevi

WesternDevi New IL'ite

I'm not married but I'm not single either, I'm living with my man.

We could get married tomorrow if we wanted but I don't want.

I'm living with him as a trial period. If I decide I can live with him my whole life and if not, we can part as friends and move on with the mercy of Ishwar.

In this day and age i think marriage is only for the security of children. And since I don't have any children, there is no need for me to marry my man. We are committed to each other, so we will not go out with anyone else while we are together. At the same time, if our relationship does not work out, we are free to leave without the hassle of a divorce.

In my opinion, unless you want to have children, I would say remain single, date different men until you meet one that you love and live with him.

Of course if you want to have children, then marry him. Otherwise no need.