When Someone Says 'sorry' Do We Forgive Them Truly??

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ambika ananth, Aug 3, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

When someone says ‘SORRY’ genuinely, do we forgive them truly?? And how important is it to be truly forgiving and forgetting the wrong done by somebody knowingly or unknowingly? I will give you one important episode where in its proved how important it is to apologize and be truly forgiven and how important it is not to make a mockery out of the act of ‘forgiving’ but be truly forgiving to relieve a person from bad feelings and guilt..!!

When Leonarda da Vinci laboured on his master piece THE LAST SUPPER, he became angry with another man for no reason. They quarreled, da vinci hurling bitter accusations and threats to the other fellow. Later, returning to his canvas, he attempted to paint the face of JESUS but found that he was unable to do so. So upset was he with himself for his unreasonable anger, he couldn’t compose himself for the painstaking work of painting the Lord’s face, which should reflect total serenity and compassion. He set down his brushes, went in search of the man, whom he wrongly accused and verbally abused. He apologized and said SORRY very genuinely. That man was touched and graciously gave da Vinci ‘ forgiveness’. Only then was the great artist felt composed and was able to return to his work and complete the face of lord Jesus, and the painting later became to be known as his Master Piece .

It is as important to forgive as to apolozise ....

2 people like this.

2. concorde

concorde New IL'ite

A Good Point

Certainly something to think about.:|

3. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

thanks

Thanks Concorde !! Most of the people just stop at 'thinking stage'...I hope people 'act' also after that...

SORRY:lol: I didn't mean you..its about the general human tendency..

ambika.

4. Mom2499

Mom2499 Senior IL'ite

It is as important to forgive as to apolozise ....

I agree!!!:thumbsup

5. Ninfa

Ninfa Senior IL'ite

Dear Ambika,
    Subconsciously its difficult, but again it also depends on person to person how they perceive things.

6. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

I totally agree to this... Forgiveness is something that is important not for the accused only but for the forgiver also... Forgiveness bless us with Peace of mind, we feel lighter and happier. M saying this from my own experience... Its not easy though but once you have done it and have felt the happiness out of it.. you will want to make it a habit :)

7. ayyasamy1944

ayyasamy1944 Silver IL'ite