How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. DeviRamgopal

DeviRamgopal New IL'ite

I was introduced to this site by my aunt Nalini(kvnalini).The site is amazing and god.. so many talented people here!!!. Great going ladies. I will be following you.

Devi

2. drsuganyah

drsuganyah New IL'ite

hai friends,
    dr is my profession Dr. Dentist, suganya my name
    simple &&&&&&&&&&& cool...

3. CanadianSpirit

CanadianSpirit New IL'ite

How do you pick an ID that says 'friendly', 'describes me', and is not my real name? Online names are always a challenge:
    Too common - sunitha who? Or which sunita is replying now?
    Too funky - I once chose a Vishnu Sahasranamam phrase for an email id. I got no junk mail, but then no employers could remember me either :)
    Anyway, Canadian because I lived in Canada a long time and grew to love it and miss it.
    Spirit because, well, I'm spiritual.
    Why not Desi Canada or something like that? IWell, 'm already on a Indian website :). Aren't we all desis here?

4. Madtex

Madtex New IL'ite

The 'Mad' is because I originally come from Madras. The 'Tex' is because I'm now in Texas.

5. bhuvanasak

bhuvanasak New IL'ite

Isn't it crazy how we girls love to include our husband's names with ours, where/whenever possible. Why can't guys be like that? :(
    Putting together my first name, Bhuvana & part of my husband's first name, Sakthi, I ended up with bhuvanasak.

6. Gavya

Gavya New IL'ite

Hi.. My name 'Gavya', little changed from 'Kavya'. My name comes in Lalitha sahasranamam. Mnay ask me why I put 'G' instead of 'K' for my name. My dad gave it like this. So am using it :)

7. raddymars

raddymars New IL'ite

T'm Radha. called as Raddy at my work place. Mars is because my husband like mars chocolate and i hate chocolates. When sugar n spice came together a perfect couple like us were united. So Raddy is Me and Mars is him.

8. Aleesha

Aleesha New IL'ite

Hi All,

In 2004, I was in the US doing some courses. When it was time to excahnge emails I was just shocked to see the different user names all of the students on the course had. Not even one of them had even a faint resemblance to their real name. Some of them were callmesweets, sunbum, teachersenvy and so on. That's when I got myself a new email address with yahoo and I too made up a name that bore no resemblance to my name but had one vain feature . It included the word pretty. Now Aleesha has no resemblance to my real name but begins with the first letter of my second name.

Some of you hae really found interesting ways to make up your usernames :thumbsup

Aleesha

9. rose2110

rose2110 New IL'ite

I like this question...well my username..simple my name Rose and my DOB 21 Oct.....

10. preetkamal

preetkamal New IL'ite

Re: Who am I part 4

preet & kamal r my best friends.i love them so i dedicate my ID 2 them.