how to improve the egg quality ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hemadurga, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Sairaghavendra

Sairaghavendra Senior IL'ite

hi friends,

my doctor told me to record BBT and she told when the temperature increases one degree then that day is the day wherein ovulation has occured. then she told that we should maintain that temperature, so she asked me to avoid eating icecreams, drinking juices and to avoid being in AC for a long time after ovulation so that the body can maintain that temperature for the released egg to function properly.

2. heartbeat

heartbeat New IL'ite

My doctor suggested me to take DHEA tables to improve egg quality and I did find the difference.
    I got this in US. This is not a prescription medicine. You can get this in any pharmacy. This is usually a supplement tables used by males. But this also increases estrogen levels in the body. That's how you get good quality of eggs.

This has similar side effects as birth control pills.
    It really worked good for me.

Please make sure you properly read about this before using them.

3. msbram

msbram Bronze IL'ite

<!-- ======================================================= --> <!-- Created by AbiWord, a free, Open Source wordprocessor. --> <!-- For more information visit AbiWord. --> <!-- ======================================================= --> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8"> <title></title> <style type="text/css"> <!-- #toc, .toc, .mw-warning { border: 1px solid #aaa; background-color: #f9f9f9; padding: 5px; font-size: 95%; } #toc h2, .toc h2 { display: inline; border: none; padding: 0; font-size: 100%; font-weight: bold; } #toc #toctitle, .toc #toctitle, #toc .toctitle, .toc .toctitle { text-align: center; } #toc ul, .toc ul { list-style-type: none; list-style-image: none; margin-left: 0; padding-left: 0; text-align: left; } #toc ul ul, .toc ul ul { margin: 0 0 0 2em; } #toc .toctoggle, .toc .toctoggle { font-size: 94%; }@media print, projection, embossed { body { padding-top:1in; padding-bottom:1in; padding-left:1in; padding-right:1in; } } body { font-family:'Times New Roman'; color:#000000; widows:2; font-style:normal; text-indent:0in; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; font-size:12pt; text-decoration:none; text-align:left; } table { } td { border-collapse:collapse; text-align:left; vertical-align:top; } p, h1, h2, h3, li { color:#000000; font-family:'Times New Roman'; font-size:12pt; text-align:left; vertical-align:normal; } --> </style> Hi Hema,

We are all born with our eggs in their premature form in our ovaries. We cannot do much about the genetic content of the eggs. But what we can do is to aid the premature eggs grow into good mature eggs. This is what is done in IVF - stimulating by hormones. From what I have studied, there are no conclusive evidences about what is good for better eggs. But the consensus is that good and complete balanced diet with all vitamins and proteins are essential for good eggs. It generally takes around two to three months to observe any change in the quality. Since you are a vegetarian, you need to include all the types of lentils in your meal. Just eating toor dal or moong dal is not sufficient because different dals contain different amino acids and we need to include everything. Take two to three glasses of milk. Include ground nuts, almonds and walnuts. The last two have omega -3 which is good for overall health. Many people have claimed that acupuncture works well for them. Consult with your doctor about acupuncture. I am sure you would have checked your blood glucose levels. Insulin resistance is one of the reasons for bad eggs. Good brisk walk for 30 min everyday helps in case of insulin resistance along (along with your medicines, in case you take one). Some people claim that mental stress affects the quality of eggs though there is no clear scientific evidence to it. But you are better off relaxed than stressed. Physical stress like injuries, fatigue, illness do affect egg quality.

In short, good general health is very important for good eggs.

In my experience, I didnt eat anything in particular for egg quality. It was 20 good eggs twice and the third time went for short cycle to stimulate less. I had 10 good eggs. It still didnt work out inspite of getting very good, picture perfect blastocysts. Infact, all the three times, the ladies who had slightly lesser quality eggs and embryos ended up getting pregnant and gave birth to healthy babies. So dont worry too much about egg quality. Eat well and stay healthy and follow your doctor’s advice.

Regards,
    Bharathi.

4. kushi33

kushi33 New IL'ite

is it advisable to take cod liver oil for omega 3....

5. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

dear Bharathi,
    Thanks for your reply... am taking all types of dhals and also milk etc...now have started with garlic also as sairaghavendra said in this thread...

other hormones are in control...

sorry to hear about ur IVF story... take of your health for your well being...

6. bortysangha

bortysangha New IL'ite

Hi,

Any suggestions on improving egg quality or AMH or any herbal med?

Regards,
    bortysangha

7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hemadurga,

All of us have an organ called hypothalamus(located deep inside your brain). This organ has multiple jobs. One among them is to decide, when you should drink water and how much. The part of the hypothalamus is called, 'thirst center'.

Every mammal including humans need water. 'Thirst center' of hypothalamus does the job of regulating water intake. Suppose it is a hot day and you sweat (perspiration) a lot. So much of water would be lost in sweating. Thirst Center senses this water loss and gives you the desire to drink (thirst). It is enough to drink water, only when you have the thirst.

Suppose it is a cold day. You lose water only by urine........NOT by sweating. So, the thirst center, gives the desire to drink water, only once in so many hours.

These reflexes are involuntary (not controlled by the conscious part of your brain). All what you need to do is just drink water , when you have thirst. Nothing less, nothing more.

Though, Naturopathy recommends these many liters per day extra washes so much of 'dirt' from blood.............blah.......blah.........etc, available evidence failed to prove that any such advantage exists, in one drinking water in excess of the thirst.

If you drink too much of water, beyond what is needed, there may not be any harm, but certainly there is no advantage also. About the bloating fear you expressed................any amount of water you take by mouth, will not reach your uterus. Of course, the stomach and intestines do get bloated. Soon the extra water is absorbed through the intestinal walls into blood. A person with healthy kidneys, will soon excrete these extra water as urine. So, no harm done ultimately. But, water reaching uterus and bloating uterus is a hoax.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
  8. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Including lots of green vegetables.Its good to have palak/keerai+moongdal gravy.It supplements your reproductive system with lots of calcium and improves your bllod circulation.That is the reason why elders advise to eat keerai as part of our lunch everyday.

Please make sure that you add these vegetables either as a part of soup/poriyal/gravy/sambhar in ur diet.

drumstick,carrot,beetroot,lots of keerai,cabbage,ladies finger.

Appart from these include sundal varities(with navadhanyam) just as you make for navarathri festival.Ever other day you can include one sundal varity as a tiffin.

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    when I saw the topic, I got confused. I am releaved that msbram had given the right answer.
    Did you know that once the foetus is a female, the total number of eggs that that female is going to produce is already in it. That is why we are advised to have babies when we are in the prime of youth rather than late. But for the males, the semen is produced every 3 days or so (I do not know the exact data) and that is the reason why men father children even after 80 (recently a 94 year old man fathered a child in India). So quality of the egg cannot be improved. But the number of eggs produced each month can be increased by medical procedures.
    Have a balanced diet, do not eat anything in excess. Do not do everything anybody says. If you are getting treated by a doctor, please go by his/her advice. And keep a postive attitude. If at all things turn out otherwise, be brave to accept the truth and find alternatives. All the best to you!

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Varloo,

You are right. But this is not a positive situation. Release of multiple eggs, is a negative situation. Ovulation inducing drugs like Clomiphene citrate can increase the number of ova released from ovaries in a single cycle. But, for healthy fertilisation, one requires only one ovum. There are cases where three / four ova are released at a time......all getting fertilised leading to triplets (three babies) / quadraplets (four babies).

The big problem here, one among the babies can get implanted in either of the fallopian tubes, leading to the dreaded complication, 'ectopic pregnancy'.

The gynecologist sincerely checks for multiple pregnancies and pregnancy inside fallopian tubes (ectopic) by ultrasonography, in every case, got pregnant after a course of ovulation inducing drugs.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011