1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Good and Bad FOOD COMBINATIONS women must know

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 4mangopeople, Apr 6, 2010.

1. 4mangopeople

4mangopeople Silver IL'ite

Hi kokila

You are 100% right, we have been eating the wrong combination of foods from ages. Milk is more than 85% water and the rest is energy, protein, fat, carbohydrate, saturated fatty acids, monosaturated fatty acids cholesterol and calcium. Milk in itself is a complete diet. The time taken to digest the milk under normal conditions is 6 - 7 hours. If milk is taken along with bread, the phytic acid in the breads, hinders the absorption of the calcium in the milk. Time taken to consume the starch/carbohydrates is 2 hours.

Different foods take different time to get digested. Milk is preferred taken alone, and bread as a vegetable sandwich is great. If you must have fruit juice at breakfast give 20 - 30 minutes gap between the breakfast and the juice.

Recent studies have shown that most of the western breakfast combinations are not good food combinations. Though Indian breakfasts are little laborious, are good. The natural fermented products are a great source of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals.

2. telugubidda0078

telugubidda0078 New IL'ite

:hide::hide::hide: i am so ashamed- but u can still c me ,isn't!!!!!

my god--------------wat the hell i was doing all these yrs?
    thanks a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:crazy

3. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

Thanks for sharing!! very useful tips.. :bowdown

Cheers,
    Chitra:)

4. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi

Nice detailled facts on food consumption,i understand that prevention is better than cure; if we follow a good regime followed by routine exercise we cd avoid many unknown symptoms arising.Our body gets misused to same foods eaten the same way so toxicity develops within ,major reasons for diseases.
    It is good to change our food pattern,follow a good mix of alkali with low acidic foods.:wave

cheers

5. vijayasampath

vijayasampath Gold IL'ite

nice to read this. really very useful. i will keep it my mind.

6. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Great info. Now only I came to know that I'm so illiterate in making good combination of foods. I usually drink orange juice with my morning breakfast like bread or cereals. Really an eye opening post. Thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  7. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

very informative..... thanks for sharing