Curious to know gender of my baby

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by harshbharathi, Aug 2, 2007.

1. harshbharathi

harshbharathi New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

This is my first mail to IL site. As a guest I have enjoyed the artciles and mails in diff. forums and sub-forums of IL.

This site is so informative and I love browsing this site right from Cookery till problems faced by ladies in day to day life.

I am married for 3.5 yrs and I have a son aged 2.5 yrs. I am expecting my second child during Nov 2007. My problem is I am curious to know the gender of my baby. Though I know that foetal life cycle right from ovulation till delivery is not in our hands, I am eager to know this....I got scanned during 5th month , but did not ask the sonologist since they got my signature that I would not ask the baby's gender . I feel I am wrong in thinking so ,still in some sub-conscious mind I feel I shd know it......

Any suggestions.......

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: I am curious....

Hi Harshbharathi

welcome to this forum!

I see you are in Chennai.In India,as you might know,it is illegal to determine the sex of the foetus.Most doctors will not tell you this information even if you ask them for the same.This is because many people still prefer a boy child and so,if they find out the the baby is a girl,they will try to abort it.This is the reason why it is illegal.

In some cases,the doctors do give you this info if you ask for it,but very strict doctors will stick to the rules.

Even here in the US,some would-be parents prefer not to know the sex of the foetus until the baby is born-they want it to be a surprise for them till the end.

3. ramya_psk

ramya_psk Senior IL'ite

Hi bharathi,
    i can understand ur feeling,i think u find out thru chinese gender calendar. I n this calendar by knowing the month of conception and the year u were born it will show the gender of ur baby.This is 90% accurate.This worked out for my sister in both her delivery.
    So u can also try this out.

Ramya

4. luckydove

luckydove New IL'ite

Hi there!!

Yes, you can try chinese gender prediction calender, though the results are not 100% true in all cases but for many it gives correct results, I'm also due in october and this calender suggests that its GIRL...for my sister-inlaw who was pregnant 2 years back..it gave accurate result.

just try once..it will be fun or you can take up various fun quiz like BOY or GIRL

here is the link to the website:

Predict Baby Sex by Chinese age and woman conception month

All the best!!
    Take care

5. suja6

suja6 New IL'ite

hi harshbharathi,

there are some signs to predict about baby's gender...like ...
    if you are more interested to eat mangoes than sweets then its a girl and vice versa
    if your belly shows more stretch marks on your left side then its a girl, if right side then a boy
    and if your fetal heartbeat is less than 140 beets/min then its a boy more than meens a girl

its my own experience, hope it will help you

thanx,
    suja

6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

come on wait for a while, whats the fun in knowing it beforehand...

dont kill the fun, it'll be great, when after delivery you are told abt the sex... it'll ease off all the pain in a minute...

7. suna

suna New IL'ite

Hi all mummy's,

Even I’m also exited to know my baby gender but so soon i will know that
    now I'm 19 weeks pregnent and i'm feeling so slighty baby movements. everybody r saying it's boy but exactly don't know. I had nosea till 3 months now I'm doing good .

8. suna

suna New IL'ite

Hi,
    how is ur belly looks and it's high or low ?? and what about vometings and nosea ?

9. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Baby's gender

I would like to know what kind of response anyone out there received when you told your friends and relatives what your baby's gender is? I will wait to read some feedback before I post my thoughts on it as I do not wish to bias anyone's thinking...

Was your baby accepted with open arms or with reservation? And do you mind sharing towards which gender such a response was directed? How did you react when you heard the gender of the baby? How did you respond to people's nice or not so nice comments? So would you like to share it with the rest of us...

-L.

10. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Baby's gender

Hi,
    FOr the first one, I never found out the gender of the baby.
    Always I wanted girl, but my intutions were telling that I am going to have boy.
    Finally I had boy. I was OK with that and felt I always have a second chance for girl next time.
    For the second one I did ultra sound and asked the nurse to tell out the gender.
    I was waiting every moment that she is going to tell me that 'It's GIRL', but unfortunately I had boy for the second time also.
    I was devastated, very much upset and fought with my husband also about it.
    He did tell each and everything to his mom and she was very happy that my happiness never came true.
    And same time, my husband's brother's wife was also preganant and she had a girl baby. They were very happy about it and always passed comments on us ....
    I went into depression and lost so much weight and didn't take care of myself and baby.
    Finally I had second boy and after seeing him, I felt so bad about myself and about my mentallity towards the baby. I felt so guilty and begged god and baby to forgive me.
    After that I never felt bad about my kids and made up my mind that whatever god gives is good for us and I am going to consider my DIL's has my own daughters.

It is always good to keep the secret until final moments and then convey the gender of the baby to others.
    If you know and others know about the baby's gender, there won't be any charm in knowing after birth.

Good luck with your baby,
    Punitha