what are your thought on this scenario?

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by nivedhita, Mar 30, 2010.

1. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My cousin bro - recently bought a 2 bedroom house and was planning to shift next month.. We now came to know that his wife has just conceived..

Now there is a dilema if they shoudl shift the house or not.. I have heard many people telling that you do not do grahapravesh when the lady of the house is pregnant..

What are your thoughts on this.. Apart from the fact that this may cause strain to the preg lady; is there anything else.

Regarding the stress to her; we all are there to help out.. but religiously/supersitiously can you shift house?

thanks
    niv

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

we did house warming cermony when i was 3mnths preg but different poeple said different things however we consulted our family achari to go ahead he said in 1st 3 months we can do cermony and shift also

3. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

What would a person do if she got a job in another country and found out she was pregnant just before leaving? Would she jeopardize her career just because of some superstition or would she continue with her plans to move to a new county/house/ ?

I don't see any problem with moving as long as she isn't lifting any heavy boxes....and let her help with little things...she'll feel useful.

4. Sniv2000

Sniv2000 New IL'ite

think they can shift...upto 3 months.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  5. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

thanks lavii.. thats a huge relief..

6. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

Thanks manaswini for reply.. regarding helping her and all is not a prob, as we all here to help them to shift house..

7. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

we shifted when i was 2 weeks away from due date! Our apmts contract was coming to an end and we wanted a more suitable place with ease of access for prams etc and got one at the time.. i didnt lift a finger literally for the shifting & all went well!!

Good luck with the move.

8. nivedhita

nivedhita Senior IL'ite

wow lotusgirl. thats is cool..two weeks before the due date!! thanks for your reply dear ..