Had anyone received call letters from these schools????

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by gvart, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Suhaguru

Suhaguru Bronze IL'ite

Thats really shocking. I had this school as my primary choice and had been so eager for the last 3-4 months.

Its so bad that they do such things to all the parents. As you say the admission process should be transparent. But no school does that.They have all stupid reasons and finally send a rejection letter. The most hilarious part abt the rejection letter is that it states that due to more number of applications, our appln has been rejected.

In Sankara it is even worse. We havent got any letter to state that all our hopes is gone. We keep waiting and waiting and finally get such replies.

Thanks Meena for updating the status here... Otherwise would have waited for another week.

2. gvart

gvart Silver IL'ite

Hi all
    good to see so many responses (though many were shocking details)...i also applied for my DD in chettinad, vidya mandir and ps senior....but no luck in anything....for my son i have received call letter for entrance examination for class 1 on 11th april in chettinad...

My congrats to all those who got admission and better luck to all those who r in the same boat like me....

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Yes we got the call letter for entrance exam from chettinad.The exam is on 11th(joining I std)

4. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Cindhu and Friends

Any idea about the questions asked to 1st std Kids in entrance exam (Chettinad Vidyashram) ?
    Thanks in Advance.

5. praveenavijay

praveenavijay Senior IL'ite

Hi Asha,

Your kid got admission in Shankara! Wow! Thats great news.

Meanwhile what is the fee structure of shankara.

Thanks
    Veena

6. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Veena - how r u doing? long time ! how is ur dd doing?

fees in Shankara.. not exactly on top of my head now, but the structure roughly i remember. let me try. we paid close to 22k for the 1st term which includes 1 refundable admission fees + 1 non-refundable + 1st term fees. the term fees is 6k. so there are 2 other term fees - so another 12k to be paid this year. uniform separate. i will get the exact details if you need tomorrow.

7. praveenavijay

praveenavijay Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have joined her in psbb mil sholinganallur. But still I am confused about my decision. hmmm fees is very nominal in shankara. Mean while how could you able to get the admission. You know what I didnt tried in Shankara as we paid fees in psbb mil, but my friend in perungudi tried and they also got admission. Actually my kid will be going to Pre Kg only, as she is March2nd 2007 born and in psbb their age cut off is Dec 2006.

Ok tell me the fees structure.

8. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

Hai All
    I was following this thread as my niece in chennai was trying in Sankara Adyar...She was called for a written test on 11th April and on 13th April she got the admission for 1st std.....they desperately wanted and thank god she got it.....
    Good luck to others.......:thumbsup

9. reachtmeena

reachtmeena New IL'ite

Hi All,

The last 6 months had been so frustrating for me, cos i had been trying for LKG admission for my daughter. I had tried with more than 8 schools, and i had not got into any yet. Well my last options are Pon Vidyashram and BVM.

I checked with BVM perungudi today in person. They are commencing up from pre-kg to 3rd grade in June 2010. They are coming up at the corporation road in Perungudi. i was shocked to see the building, which is under renovation.It is a quite old one and the location looks so sick with a garbage collection center on 1 side and a electronics factory on the other. the fees is around 1 lac (40k refundable). i really dont understand wat these schools are up to. They collect such high fees and the infra they provide is so worrying. Parents like us get carried away by the brand name and spend so much. But is it really worth ? no comments.

Next is PVS. They are located in the main road in velachery just opp to velachery MRTS, but we have to take a road via madipakkam. I was told that they have moved here recently (1 yr bk). the fees totals up to 44k + 2k for books and uniform. Nobody has any idea of how they perform academically. can i go forward with this school. somebody pls help

Meena

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Our gal i through :thumbsup..Last week we paid the fee amount and finalized..yet to get TC from current school..So at last we found a place for her.Thanks for all your support.