Please guide me...

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by shilpi, Aug 22, 2007.

1. shilpi

shilpi New IL'ite

Can anybody tell me what would be the ideal salary to agree upon for a family of four.. In london and suburbs...
    Early response would be really helpful.
    Thanx in advance
    shilpi

2. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Shilpi,

I am not sure which profession you are talking about, For example if you are in IT field with min. 3 yrs experience in London you may get upto £30+K pa, Whereas for the same experience in other places you will get aroung 25-30k pa. For any profession the average salary in london is 28K. Hope this helps.

3. shilpi

shilpi New IL'ite

Thanx Sravanthi..for the quick response could you please guide as to what would be the average cost of living in greater London ( Hertfordshire to be precise) ..i mean rent, education,transportation etc.... would 1500 pounds suffice for a decent living condition..How expensive is day to day living ? I am all confused ...
    shilpi

4. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Shilpi,

I am not sure about hertfordshire, I guess if it comes under greater london then then cost of living will be high compared to other parts of the UK. Again the expenses depends on your family conditions, like if u have kids or just 2 of you. If you have kids schooling is free here, medical is free as the tax will be deducted from your salary. If its just 2 of you, then to start with you can rent a single bed flat and use public transport(which is good to central london) then I guess around £1500 should be ok. But I thinks its once own experience so dont worry too much. You will be fine once you come down. But make sure both of you work, else there will be no savings at all:) Take care

5. shilpi

shilpi New IL'ite

thanx for the feedback sravanthi...actually we r a family of four ..my son is 7 and the next one is due next mnth.. my husband is geeting a few offers from Uk..he is in insurance sector by the way.. has to quote a rough figure for salary expectation.. the average salary they say is 35k pa plus perks... so just wanted to make sure as per the rent and all... initially it won't be possible for me to work but i do plan to take up part time job .. dont know how cost effective it would be to leave the baby in day care.. any ways thanx a lot for ur comforting words..
    shilpi

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007