Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. rojarani

rojarani New IL'ite

Re: Pregnant ... share what do you eat/ate today...

Hi all ladies

I'm 24 weeks pregnant , my due date is july20th2010

after seeing all ur menus i want to put it before u all my menu

morning i drink coffee or 100ml milk
    breakfast at 10:30 2 dosas or idlies with chutneys
    afternoon at 3:30 i eat lunch dal + rice + vegetable
    evening if drink milk or just skip it
    night 9 again chapathi 2 with curry
    after my husband comes he will check with me to eat fruit or almonds

igained only 3 kgs weight, i'm 53 during 1st week now 55.50 my husband feels very bad that i dont eat properly but he doesnt even send to my parents house
    i cant eat the food here that too my dh's food r different from my parents house he simply says cook what u want
    but i'm really exhausted.....i do all the household work washing vessels mopping, sweeping 2 times a day and i ahve to take care of my 6 years son who goes to school and prepare lunch for my husband....

i feel very very bad tht my dh always says take care of my self and never appoints a servant maid...

u know the biggest evil in my life is my mil she doesnt allow me to smile even a little bit she is very verbally abusive and demanding even when i'm prgenant....

i'm praying GOD to give me patience till i go to my moms place ( 1 month more) so that i can eat in my moms house whatever i like...and planning to not returnd to my dh's house as my mil sees me as a one do all household work not as a dil..

i dont know what to write becoz i'm living between merciless human beings....who tortures me mentally,,,,ofcourse i'm sensitive that is making me feel more low..
    bye

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    There is a existing thread 'Food menu during pregnancy' in this forum which is kept as sticky. Check it out. Please move your discussion over there!

PS: Soon this thread will be combined with the existing one!

3. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Lavii..tht was really imformative..thks for tht post..it will help us all to modify and correct our diets as much as possible..:)

Hi Rosenav..aloo ka paratha..awesome..u know sometimes i crave to eat aloo ka paratha with thin crust filled with potato fillings and a peice of butter above the paratha( the butter gives an extra saltiness tht makes it so yum) and cheese spread..oh my..im hungry now..i have to have this in the morning for sure..:bonk

4. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Sangeeta..thks so much dear..:)
    Im so happy for u..ur babys first kicks might have felt so beautiful right..make sure to note the date down as when ur baby grows big u can look back at these precious moments..it feels awesome..:thumbsup
    I have not been good at my diet past few days..im skipping meals..i think it would get back normal in sometime..
    Wht abt u..did u find any ready to eat meals tht u can munch at home??
    Sangeeta i think in ur place u would b able to find the sex of ur baby by U/S..will u b finding it out..here in India they dont let us know as its against the law to find out the sex of the baby..anyways i dont want to know as well..guessin is better..just waiting for the suprise when ill have my baby in my arms..:rotfl

5. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Rojarani..Congrate on ur pregnancy..:cheers
    Dont worry about any1 right now..let them go to hell..u take care of urself and ur baby in u who is depending on u..tell ur husband tht u will not be able to do all the house hold work as it not good for u at this time..u will need to speak ur heart out to him..i think u guys have been married for a long time so he will b able to understand if u discuss it with him..things might just work out..tell him to get a maid for household work for atleast the time ur at home..be straight with him in wht u want..its his responsibility and make him understand tht but do it in a nice and polite way..
    As for ur MIL..thts their job..to treat DIL as maids of the house..:rantignore her and if she tells u to do any work..tell her politely to try and do it herself as ur tired or somethin like tht..

Dont think abt all the things she tells u..take it in one hear and leave it out the other..i dont know abt u but if i were u i would have given her left to right..:biglaughi really hate people who treat us like this yaar..i cant stand those people and im a person to say no in front of their face..some of u might think its not the way but it works for me..so u should know how ur husband and ur MIL is and according to tht act and speak with them..dont wait or let it go or give in risking ur health..sometimes u need to say NO rather than bow ur head down and say OK..
    Sorry if this post might have sounded inappropriate..but i felt personnaly touched by ur post and couldnt control my temperament:hide:..take care..keep posting us..we are there for ur Rojarani..enjoy ur pregnancy..thts the most important thing be it how ever difficult..and speak up or urself and ur rights..just maintain ur emotions so tht ur talk with them dont land up in fights..ull b perfect..take care..:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Hry Tina,

Yes I feeel the baby inside me now oh god I am so happy dying when he/she will be in my arms . Today I went to doctor but she told me that she can not see anything about gender now , may in next appointment :bonkBut not worrying for that .. first baby is always excepted in form:).

Also would like to share you that I am moving to India to my mom:drowningyeeeeeee
    So would like to know about everything like , which type/ brand of milk I should drink, butter , etc about everything .

Today I did not eat properly , :hide: but will try to make up it as it is only 5 pm here.:biglaugh
    take care, happy eating.

7. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Hello dear rojarani, I felt very bad after reading your post ... Just 2 kg extra weight ... I am in my 17th week and I have gained 1 and 1/2 kg extra.
    Please its the time you should ignore any other things . and you and your baby should me the 1st preference. You have to innovate the idea hoe to cope up with your mil:rant I am fully agree with Tina.And please take care of your health , it will not only important for you but for your baby also, .If you will be underweight there might be some complication during or after delivery . So think about that. If you can not cook feel tired then you can make up with some extra milk, curd, and lots of fruits . You can always have bread with you , dried fruits, they are quick and healthy .

Take proper care of your self please.Discuss with your hubby and convince him for your points.

8. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    How are you all doing?Can anyone please share the list of healthy drinks we can enjoy as well as keep me healthy and avoiding dehydration during Summer time.It's already like middle of summer and I am feeling dizziness daily in the morning time.I am not feeling like drinking only water or buttermilk.I am 34 weeks pregnant.
    I am wearing very light and only cotton clothes because of the heat released from my body as I have 2 hearts now :).

I'm waiting for ur reply.
    take care everyone.......

9. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi Surekha,

itz always good to have citric fruit juices like oranges and lemon(less sugar,no ice :))

They boost your energy and helps you recover from the dullness

If Water-Melons are available well and good.

Any fruit is good when consumed as it is instead of juicing it up :idea

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I am in my 12th week. Is it good to have soya chuunks or soya based food products? have no idea about its pros and cons :hide: Need your valuable suggestions :hiyaThanks.