1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pimple/Blemish/Acne Problem & Solutions/Remedies

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by vishnu vandana, Oct 19, 2005.

1. LifelongLearnin

LifelongLearnin New IL'ite

Re: glow, acne and complexion, ,,, need help :(

Our skin faces a constant barrage of chemicals everyday from pollution to harsh chemically formulated products that strip the skin of its natural balance. These simple Ayurvedic home remedies help you to attain a clear, healthy and glowing complexion. Ayurveda mentions many simple natural ways to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Using these natural ways, one can stay beautiful for a longer period without having to suffer the side effects of the chemicals.

Below are some simple 'secrets' to achieve a naturally beautiful skin:

1.Mix equal quantities of cucumber juice, rose water and lime juice. Wash the face and apply it overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This clears the complexion and keeps it healthy.

2.Take 50 ml. of raw (not boiled) milk and mix a pinch of salt and two teaspoonful of lime juice in it. Use it as a cleansing lotion. It helps to clean the deep pores of skin.

3.Mix equal quantities of lime juice, glycerin and rose water. This lotion if applied to the face regularly at bed time is very useful in removing pimples, blackheads and other stains of the skin. It makes the skin soft, and can also be applied to other parts of the body (hands, feet etc.)

4.Take 50 ml. of tomato juice and mix with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the face. It helps to make the skin soft and glowing.

5. Take equal quantities of turmeric powder and wheat flour and make a paste with sesame oil. Apply it to the face to remove unwanted hair.

6.Apply orange juice to the face for smooth and soft skin.

7.Take 30 ml. of cabbage juice and mix one teaspoon of honey in it. This mixture, if applied regularly to the face, helps to keep the wrinkles away.

8.Make a paste of raw carrots and apply it to the face. Wash it after one hour. The skin will become glowing.

9.Regular application of mint juice to the face helps to remove stains.

Hope this helps.

-Lifelong Team.

2. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Please help me!!!!!!!!

I have been on a vacation to India for a month and was back by mid march. the day i left india was fine, but the day one i reached US, i saw some pimple like marks on my chin and thought it may be due to the travel, heat etcs.., but it has been more than a month now, and the pimples keep on coming only in that area. i'm very much worried about that and it has never happened in my life before. now for the past days, i could see some on my upper lip, cheek and in forehead too. it makes me cry. there is no change in soap or moisturiser. but i dont know why... pls help me to get rid of those. it looks awkward and makes everyone question about it at the very first sight.
    thanks in advance,
    Priya:drowning

3. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

Re: Please help me!!!!!!!!

• make a mixture of red dal(mysore dal)+ almonds, almost equal in quantity
    • a small amount of saffron (kumkuma puvvu)
    • grind them to powder
    • apply to face ,adding little water to this powder,and wash

• do this whenever you feel to wash your face at-least twice daily
    this gave a good result,try and see whether,it works for you
    all the best :cheers

4. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Thanks lovelydoll for your tip. let me try and see this works for me.

Priya

5. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Apart from all these home made tips i wud suggest u to change ur cleansers and moisturiser as they are not helping ur skin in this acneic condition rather switch to some acne control line, like neutrogena and clean & clear, as ur skin needs some extra care now. Once ur skin get normalized, switch back to ur normal skin routine. I hope this helps.

6. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

You have to check what is the reason why you got those...maybe its the heat or the change of environ... go natural....when all those cleansers and moisturizers fails, go natural...here's my tip for you:
    *Cleanse With Oatmeal and Yogurt
    Cleanse or scrub away dirt and oil that accumulate on your face during the day. You can make a gentle cleanser in your home using oatmeal and yogurt. Oatmeal contains soothing ingredients that leave your face smooth, while yogurt removes dirt and oil.
    Mix 1/2 cup of ground oatmeal into enough plain yogurt to form a paste. Massage the paste into your skin, concentrating on each area of your face for at least 30 seconds to ensure proper cleansing. Rinse thoroughly with water.
    *Exfoliate With Baking Soda
    Exofoliation is required to scrub away dead skin cells that dull your complexion and clog your pores. Baking soda is an inexpensive exfoliator that gently scrubs your skin. Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to your oatmeal and yogurt cleanser to make the scrub.
    Apply to your face and massage in circular motions, concentrating on oily or rough areas, then rinse thoroughly with water. If your skin is oily, you should gently exfoliate four to five times a week, whereas more sensitive skin should be exfoliated less often.
    *Moisturize With Aloe Vera
    Aloe is a natural moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated and sooth irritation, leaving an even, glowing complexion. You can use aloe right from the plant to moisturize your face. Simply snap off the tip of an aloe leaf, and mix the gel from the leaf with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
    After applying the aloe and oil mix, massage your face lightly to distribute the moisturizer and stimulate circulation in your skin. Do not rinse off the moisturizer.

HTH :thumbsup

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Follow the methods of cleaning etc form other posts.

Also keep $5 for Vaitheswaran Kovil. He is "DOCTOR GOD".

You will get better soon.

Peace Be with you.:coffee

8. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Mario Badescu skin care

Hi ladies,

A few days back I've came across a site and going thru the site i was quite impressed as their products are based on natural botanicals and herbal extracts, so i just registered myself and asked questions regarding my skin type after filling their skin analysis questionnaire, so they have recommended me their eight products. Later on one day they mailed me if i want a free sample trial so i said yes :) & then today i got all the samples except two ( one sample of cleanser, toner, face scrub, moisturiser, face mask & an eye cream ) by post which they have suggested me a/c to my skin type, along with a product guide and the given product application guide...Just thought to share this with u all ..getting really very excited to try out all the sample products...will surely write a review of each one of them.

Is there anyone who has tried this company's products..? As the link was removed by moderator i wud like to add the company's name its Mariobadescu

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  9. priyamuthu

priyamuthu Senior IL'ite

Thanks Dale91 and coffeelover for your tips and suggestions.
    Priya

10. snowula

snowula New IL'ite

oriflame Tea tree products for pimples?

hi,

I have all oriflame tea tree products - wash tel, corrective stick, purifying oil, belmish solver. wash gel is tooo good. i like it. i was told that the
    corrective stick, purifying oil, belmish solver are used for pimples.
    1. which one to apply on pimples?
    2. How to use the corrective stick?
    3. what is the use of purifying oil