1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

give solution for cold and cough

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Gayathrisiva, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Gayathrisiva

Gayathrisiva New IL'ite

dear friends,
    my daughter (1 year old baby) having severe cold and caugh from last 10 days, we gave the medicine like the mixture of tulsi juice, ginger, pepper and also honey 4 or 5times per day. And also the english medicine like zertec+ambrodil+Omnacortil twise a day(morning and night). even though she is having same condition. The severe caugh is attacikg her after her wakeup at the time of early morning and evening time, night. our house is well furnished and dust free.
    plz give solution for me
    Thanks
    gayathri

2. nisha75

nisha75 Senior IL'ite

Hi Gayathri,

To stop night time coughing in a child (or an adult, as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor Rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime and then cover with socks. I tried it for my children it is working and cough also stopped. U also try it and send reply.

3. Paula

Paula New IL'ite

The emergency solution when my daughter starts to cough in the middle of the night is heated coarse salt. It's a salt without iodine which I use for brine.

After I heat the salt, I wrap it in a cloth and I put it on her chest, over her blanket. When it warms up too much, I move the cloth to her back and so on until it completely cools. It usually takes about 10-15 minutes, during which time the cough has already passed.

I also give her a warm herbal tea for her throat.

This is a folk medicine advice I learned from my mother.