1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Split-end Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by priyamadhu02, Mar 8, 2007.

1. jayashreepraba

jayashreepraba New IL'ite

Re: split ends

hai,
    having split ends in hair is due to many reasons.have a mild straght cut or split ends hair cut.why because the hair in the end is once it was on the top portion of you head .it will take years to grow up to you present length.so it will be very old so that it becomes weaken.when u have a hair cut you can avoid the furhter hair splittening .avoid the usage of hair straightening because the excess heat given to the hair will damage the hair.to have haealthy hair your intake should be on very health foods.:idea

2. Shireen88

Shireen88 New IL'ite

How to reduse Split ends?? Help!!

I tried to take care of my hair as much as I could but always end up in seeing split ends...

Hot oil treatment and massaging have done a lot good to my hair but I haven't got any remedy for this problem...

Does anyone know??? Can you help??

3. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: How to reduse Split ends?? Help!!

Hi Shireen,
    How often do you trim your hair, it is advised to trim your hair every six weeks, thsi allows it to grow longer and there wont be any split ends.

4. Jeffreena

Jeffreena Junior IL'ite

hey people thanks for those information

5. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

IF you have long split ends, you have to trim your hair at least every 4 weeks..it'll allow your hair to grow but not long enough so that in a year you are through getting rid of those ends.. then while having some trims, always apply EVOO to your hair..this will help your hair roots grow a longer and stronger hair...:thumbsup EVOO ( extra virgin olive oil)

6. mrinals

mrinals New IL'ite

helo friends you can try these also.
    Cutting & removing of the split ends are a must.Once in a week apply the coconut milk to the strands and wash off after thirty minutes.
    Another way is mix two teaspoon of coconut oil or almond oil.Add one drop each of lavender and rosemary oils, 2 drops of ylang ylang oil, massage the scalp with this mixture.Leave it for 20 minutes and wash of wash off with mild shampoo.Try this once in a week.

7. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Hello there again:hiya, here's a few tips for you:

FOR HAIR STRENGTH:
    1/2 tsp. rosemary essential oil.
    1/2 tsp. jojoba oil.
    Mix ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Apply on the scalp a leave it for a few hours before washing it off.

1 cup aloe vera gel.
    4 tbs. apple cider vinegar.
    1 tbs. nettle tincture.
    1/2 tsp. vitamin E oil.
    1/2 tsp. rosemary essential oil.
    Mix ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Apply a small amount on the scalp once a day.

CONDITIONER: excellent natural conditioner is yogurt. If applied to your hair after a wash and left on for a few minutes each time you wash your hair, it will show excellent results. Henna powder, when mixed with egg to form a spreadable paste, is also a very effective conditioner. You don’t need to use it more than once a month.

SHINE: Rinse your hair with beer (for the last rinse) , let the fizz out before pouring it on your hair and scalp, masage gently and leave on for 10mins then rinse out with tepid water...:thumbsup

8. Rnrao

Rnrao New IL'ite

I used to have similar problem...and one thing I understood is that once your hair is rough and damaged you have to take care of it really well...and please dont expect it to comeback to its normal form immediately...it will take time, have patience.

Hair gets damaged due to several reasons...like blow drying, straightening, excessive exposure to sun, harsh chemicals (ex: Dandruff shampoos) etc.

I would recommend people to stop abusing their hair first as mentioned above...and you will definitely see the results slowly.

Start using milder shampoos, and don't forget to condition your hair. Try deep conditioning products, they work really well(Tresemme, Loreal etc).

Stop using Dryers and straightners. If you have to use them, dont forget to condition your hair properly and use Heat protection product on your hair before you do so.

And be gentle on your hair...dont over brush it, hair is brittle and tends to break.

Finally relax...give the hair some time to heal...it will bounce back to being healthy soon.

Hope this helps.

PS: Do not wash hair everyday as hair gets too dry. Try shampooing every 2-3 days depending on your scalp(Dry or Oily).

9. vijayasampath

vijayasampath Gold IL'ite

thank you friends for sharing nice and useful tips.

10. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    hair on my head just near the forehead (all over- near the forehead) is too short. from years it never grew. is it called hair breakage or split ends? what is the reason for it? not many have this problem. i put oil to hair and massage it properly but only that part of hair never grew from years. If they grow my hair volume will increase considerably and i can have thick hair too. is it possible to make them grow in any way? pls reply.