1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Reiki for Healthy and Happy Living

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by namrata2603, Feb 12, 2009.

1. namrata2603

namrata2603 New IL'ite

Hi

I am Namrata. I am a Reiki Master based out of Boston Area.I have taken a mastership in Usui Reiki and Karuna Reiki.
    I am looking forward for taking Reiki classes.

I bet you must be wondering :

1)What is Reiki ?

Our earth is made up of a combination of fire, water, air and solar energy.There is a balance in this combination.When there is imbalance in this combination, there is discomfort or disease. Let us take example of our mother nature, there is water, air and heat all around us.If any one of them grows or diminishes out of proportion, we will find that there will be drought, famine, floods, cyclone etc.This is the discomfort or disease for the earth.

What is true for the earth is also true for human beings. Human being is also made up of the same combination of fire,water,energy and air in a definite proportion situated in various places of the body, known as "Chakras" or "Energy Centers".If there is any imbalance in the proportion of energy in these centers, there is discomfort or disease.It needs correction or healing.

Man has been practicing various method of healing this imbalance. It may be allopathy, ayurveda, homeopathy, unani or sidda or any other methods of healing.The final effect is only to bring back the balance in the being. Imbalance means that the proportion of various component is not correct. hence the restoration of balance of energy should be the main goal.When the energy is available in abundance in the world we live in , in different forms, why not draw this source of energy for correcting the imbalance. This is what REIKI teaches us.

The word "Reiki" comes from two Japanese words "Rei" (Pronounced as Ray) and "Ki".The syllables "Rei" describes the universal boundless aspect of the energy while "Ki" means the vital life force energy that flows through all living beings.

Reiki is a safe, simple,natural and easy to learn technique. However, Reiki cannot be learnt from books.A Reiki Master transfers Reiki to the student, during the attunement process.

2) What are the benefits of Reiki?

> Reiki supports the body's natural ability to heal itself.
    > Reiki vitalizes both body and soul
    > Reiki functions on all level mental,spiritual,physical and emotional.
    > Reiki balances the body's energies.
    > Reiki loosens up blocked energy and promotes a state of total relaxation.
    > Reiki works with animals and plants.
    > Reiki is extremely pleasant holistic method of healing.
    > Reiki helps in finding out a person's inner hidden talent.

3) Is Reiki a religion?

Reiki is not a religion,cult or organization- there is no need to change your present belief system.It is neither a form of psychic healing nor is it a form of mind control, wishful thinking or hypnosis.

If anybody is interested in learning the same , please do get in touch with me.

Looking forward for your response!!!:thumbsup

2. rashmip

rashmip Senior IL'ite

Thanks namrata... for this my father has also learnt this treatment and my sis learnt cosmic healing...how reiki & cosmic healing r different? they say methodologies r same...they have done only basic courses.I also want to know can PCOS can be treated by reiki...??.

3. kamp_kamp

kamp_kamp New IL'ite

Hi,

Will u be taking online classes.

regards
    kalpana

4. namrata2603

namrata2603 New IL'ite

Hi Rashmi

Reiki is really a beautiful thing to learn and the best part is its a knowledge for your life.

It can cure a lot of diseases including PCOS.....

5. namrata2603

namrata2603 New IL'ite

Hi Kalpana ,

I am sorry, Reiki cannot be given as online training....

It needs physical contact between the master and the student :)

6. annub580

annub580 New IL'ite

Hi,

do you have some good reiki music? If so, can you either send me link or send me email with mp3s?
    I have been looking for some peaceful music but no luck yet..and heard that reiki music is very peacful..so I would love to get some...please reply

thanks!

7. need4info

need4info New IL'ite

hi

does it cures pcos ?
    i am pcos since puberty . how to approach u?
    does it cures only the symptom or else root cause of this pcos?plz explain me in detail
    can u give me distant healing for this ?
    i have back pain due to disk problem

Thanks and regards
    sara

8. mvm

mvm New IL'ite

Hi All
    Its great to know Namrata. i would like to share that i am also a Reiki Channel (Hong Kong).still not got master degree to teach others, but can cure others and myself.
    it is realy a beautiful experience to balance and cure ourself. i have felt it on myself. one can be cured on mental and physical level.

9. sskurup07

sskurup07 New IL'ite

Hi Namrata.
    Thank u for the excellent information on reiki ..
    regards..sudha

10. aadhumom

aadhumom New IL'ite

hi Namratha

i was juz thinking to find, all about Reiki thru net and ur information was juz the apt one. does this help one in improving their self confidence and to get rid of any inferiority complex?