1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Husband wants a Divorce

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Kodavati, Mar 26, 2010.

1. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Srividya,

Thanks a lot for your words of encouragement !!

My mom says the exact same thing...As long as he is trying you should give him the credit and keep trying..She says atleast he is trying which means he is putting in the effort...As long as he is trying you should think positive and do positive :)

2. devirama

devirama New IL'ite

Dear Kodavati,

Its so nice to hear things are ok . I would not repeat what other posters have helped you see but i would say ...
    "Try for sometime to be the spouse you want him to be"

Maybe easier said then done . Since jan my DH has taken a job in which he stays 2 weeks overseas and two weeks with us. I have a school going and a one year old at home.... and let me tell you its so not easy...
    so i can understand how life can be with absent spouse.... we miss him terrible and think abt him but sometimes when he comes back we end up taking up trivial issues...

This time when he comes greet him with a smile and lovely looking Kodavati... have a hot favourite meal of his prepared.. talk abt his week and don't bring relatives or others...
    if u are short on cash... pack a picnic thing and gently ask him if he would like to go to park on saturday....
    sometimes we expect DH to take initiative and do things .. i would suggest instead of waiting for him ; be proactive... take charge... If u donno how to cook... look at chitra ammas recepies and cook and surprise your DH...keep few things handy so that you guys can spend time together rather than u in kitchen.

Just use your imagination.. If you really want to be with your husband then make positive changes and see. Last but not least send him a miss you SMS or a email he is away... they love it even if don't show it ... keep up the effort as we know Rome was not build in one day

with many best wishes,
    Rama.

3. SharmiLee2010

SharmiLee2010 New IL'ite

Funny. girl. you are supposed to be in marriage with this man of your own volition. not because of not wanting to hurt your parents.

Please shed all these shams and be true to yourself. you cant kill your inlaws or change them. Priya was right in calling you immature. you get worked up on petty things and take them out of context and blow them out of proportion.

It is your marriage. Work on that to keep it in tact. for yourself for your loving husband

If he is not loving then you can and you should definitely think of divorce. but not on the back of ugadi chutneys