1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Repository of Divorce Information

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by RadiantCat, Nov 17, 2009.

1. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Does the US courts maintain a repository of divorce information which can be browsed by the public?

2. drjp

drjp Senior IL'ite

It depends on the state and county, some courts have the case stats online. Generally, all the divorce proceedings are public information and you can get them from the court for a small fee.
    Hope this helps,
    drjp

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Divorce proceedings are filed with the court and can be read at courthouses or for a fee per page you can get copies. Some years back I did a little checking up on a guy who was wishing to marry me and had (what I felt were) a lot of stories. I went to the courthouse (in Ohio btw) and looked up the case. It was pretty enlightening. He had claimed his ex had done all these things to him and when I read the court proceedings he was gently questioned for 4 pages of testimony and she was unmercifully tortured for 200 pages of testimony by his company's lawyer (whose services he got free). It was obvious that he had painted a pretty skewed picture. I advise anyone with any questions to do research in situations where your own welfare is at stack.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Tina

You are indeed a very lucky girl:bowdown:bowdown...you found out the truth by investing some time and energy on such major decision like marriage

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  5. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite