I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. meganesh

meganesh Senior IL'ite

Re: Hi friends,i'm pregent..plz give me suggestions..

Hi Shri,

Congrats on your pregnancy..

-Meganesh

2. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shiri, Congratulations! Eat healthy foods, drink more water, take rest whenever you feel like it. On you first prenatal visit your GYN will advice you very clearly. so don't worry too much about in 1st trimester. keep yourself stress free and happy.

Foods to avoid

Papaya
    Sesame seeds
    Raw foods
    Avoid fish or seafood
    No caffeine (coffee, tea,)
    Avoid junk and oily foods

update us about your due date, and how many weeks you are currently?

take care,
    Lalitha

3. shiri

shiri New IL'ite

Thanks all for wishes and immediate responses...
    i will try to aviod immediate sleep after lunch.
    After sharing with you all i felt realxing ....my gync appt on march 31st.
    im just waiting..i want to know how my baby doing..how many weeks i'm now..its almost 37 days since from last period.

Hi lalitha,
    i will let u know once i mets doctor when is my due date..thanx for telling which food to aviod

take care all

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Re: Need advice on weight gain in 1st trimester......pl help?

Veena,

Your doctor is right when she says, too much weight gain will cause Diabetes later in pregnancy. 10 pounds is 4.5 kgs.. which means you have gained 1.5 kg a month... and if you go in the same rate, you will gain 13.5 kgs by the end of your pregnancy.. which is actually alright !! :thumbsup:thumbsup
    Sounds good isnt ?? :) Unfortunately, that wont be the case..you wont be able to stabilise it so every month.. sometimes in the last trimester it could shoot up too.. So, then you hit the panic button .. So, try and plan well now.. As Hasya said, dont worry about what happened.. do the best you can to watch out.

You said you dont eat ' much ' junk food. How about making it ' no ' junk food at all. Cut on rice.. Eat it maybe thrice a week. Substitute it with wheat or ragi. Trust me, you will feel the difference.

Eat raisins and not too much nuts. Eat Kellogs for breakfast and keep eating fruits or a bowl of veggies whenever you feel like eating junk.

It is not true when people say, " you need to eat for two while pregnant "
    The baby is not as big as you.. You just need to increase your calories to 300 per day from what you were eating before getting pregnant. That is all.

So, the main thing should be -

NO junk food at all.
    Rice - thrice weekly
    More wheat and Ragi.
    More veggies and fruits.

Make sure you walk after every meal for atleast 30 mins. Take a walk in the nearby mall. You will be surprised that you've walked for more than 30 mins. Sometimes, switch on the music and dance your heart out.. Stop when you find it difficult to breathe. Listen to your body. Sometimes, even small steps of dance keeps your mind and body excited ! :thumbsup Never sit idle.

Take care

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Shiri,

Congrats on your Pregnancy ! :)

For your cold, and if you are non-vegeterian you could have chicken soup. It is very good. Take pills only on your doctor's advice. It is not true that you should avoid every tablet on earth while you pregnant. Just go by your Gynec's advice.

You can eat nuts.. Nuts are forbidden in hot climates only. That is more logic. You arnet going to eat it more than a handful a day isnt.. so go ahead .. binge ! But do not overdo. :)

It is ok to have the store bought gin-garlic paste .. You add it in food and cook it dont you. So, it is all fine.

Nap and take rest.. But dont become too lazy and idle. That is all. Maybe you can eat a lunch , walk for 30 mins and sleep for another 30 mins.. Keep yourself active and see if you can walk around in the mall when you feel too sleepy.

You can have whole milk if you arent overweight. Else, 2% is good or even skimmed milk. However, it is not the fat that matters in the milk, it is the calcium.

Overall, if you arent already over weight, usually a 12 kgs weight is normal in any pregnancy. A little more wouldnt hurt too :) .. Too much will be defined depending on your BMR and pre-pregnancy weight ! Your doctor will give you a detail about it.. Just go on with your normal diet and avoid junk.. your doctor will warn you if you are gaining too much. Dont worry otherwise.

You can eat Fish and seafood. Dont eat raw meat / fish ( sushi ) and certain fishes that is all. FIsh is supposed to excellent source of Omega fatty acids..

You can have minimum oil too.

You can have one cup of tea or coffee too per day. If you feel you need to. It is no harm to have it once in while also.

6. sirilu27

sirilu27 New IL'ite

What is Lamaze and Pregnancy classes?

Hi Friends,
    I have come to know that in US they offer some classes for pregnant women to help them during their delivery,breastfeedinf,baby bath and caretaking.It is possible that my parents or ILs may not be able to come for my delivery.So girls, can you please guide me what are ALL the classes I need to take.(lamaze,breastfeeding,baby bath,how to hold babies and take care of them etc etc.)
    I have zero knowledge about Baby care and am really scared what I am going to do.
    So please tell me where these classes are offered. Is it in Hospitals,privately or insurance companies? And are these classes free of charge or do I have to pay.
    Do you suggest any other classes that I need to attend just in case only Me and my Hubby are there during delivery and later on.

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Just to add the point, even those additional 300 calories? That's only towards the later stages. Listen to your body. Eat when you are hungry. Eat as much as you need at each time. Stop before you feel full. Cover your plate. You can eat again when you are hungry. 300 calories is one slice of bread. One extra cup of fat free milk. That is all. Just to put things in perspective. Think of how much solid food you give a baby that is 6 or 7 months old OUTSIDE the womb! Two spoons of rice at each meal? Your baby's calorific needs are now much lesser than that!

Micronutrients are especially important to your baby. Make sure you give it the fruits and nuts and vegetables it needs.

You don't have to give up rice if you can't. Switch to brown rice. Or, eat less rice at each meal. Finish your dinner early.

8. veenaanand0705

veenaanand0705 New IL'ite

Hi Preethi and confused 211,
    Thanks so much for the gr8 advice and motivationg words.I have started eating chapatis and controlled rice to just a cup for the whole day.And as preethi said i also started going for 2 - 30 min walks after breakfast and in the evening with my husband.Hope this controls my weight.Will keep you friends posted on tjis issue.Thanks a lot.
    Veena

9. shiri

shiri New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thanks dr.preethi for your advice.sorry for late response.
    I was waiting for gync/obj appointment.
    Here is my story..I went yesterday to check with gync.
    Uerine test all came positive.she told me may be i'm 5w 5days pregent based on last day of period.From past 6months my periods was irregular.Then she told me to do ultra sound.she doesnt how many weeks i'm now bcoz of irregular periods.In ultra sound nothing showed.Now she is telling may be its too early to see or may be it is ectopic pregency or may be it will happen miscarriage.
    so she want to do boold wrok alternative days.next week she want to do again ultrasound........i'm so worried ...i dont know what to do...please anybody tell me garbakalakshmi puja. i want to do for baby..i'm praying all gods ...

10. kokila19

kokila19 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shri,
    Dont worry, You can check in this forum about the puja you have asked.

I will pray for you..
    Everything will be fine ..