I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ishvickey30

ishvickey30 Senior IL'ite

Re: I am Pregnant :)

Thanks Cindhuja & Induslady goup members, for ur support... u all r really gr8..

Think positive & Be optimistic...

2. veenaanand0705

veenaanand0705 New IL'ite

Need advice on weight gain in 1st trimester......pl help?

Hi friends,
    I am veena.Just completed my 1st trimester today.I had gone for the doctors appointment and when they checked my weight i was shocked to know that i had gained 10 pounds in the last 3 months.I was 158 pounds when i went in the 1st month and today it showed 168 pounds.I really dont know how to control it.The doc said avoid junk food and cut back on rice and bread and exercise for 30 min .But i am not eating too much junk food though i must admit i eat rice and dont exercise.Pl suggest ways to control my weight since the doc said if i keep putting on weight i might develop diabeties in the 7th month.Pl advice
    Veena

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  3. shiri

shiri New IL'ite

Hi friends,i'm pregent..plz give me suggestions..

HI IL friends,
    I taken pregency test 2days back..it came positive..
    i'm so happy to share with you all.My gync app is in next week.
    This is the first appt with her,b'coz we just moved to different place.
    I'm getting so doubts in brain..which things i shouldn't do..
    How to take care myslef ,ladies give me suggestions ..
    Today i got cold ,lit bit thorat infections..i know i shouldnt take any pills
    I heard heat foods shouldn't eat..which foods are those.
    can i eat nuts from the begining ,becoz i'm worried about i will put weight easly.

Is this good to eat store bought gingergarlic paste ? i uses very frequently..before i used to make home(i'm feeling lit lazy to make)

is this good take nap in the afternoon? i'm feeling so sleepy in the aftenoon.but if i sleep in the afternoon after lunch generally i will put on weight..

till now i'm drinking 0% milk..can i continue with this or i need to drink 1% or 2% or whole milk ..please let me know

How much i can gain weight in first trimester..

Thanks
    Shiri

4. shiri

shiri New IL'ite

Re: Hi friends,i'm pregent..plz give me suggestions..

can i do exercise ?

5. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Congrats!!! Be happy!!! If u search in this forum and TTC forum u will get more and more informations.... So dont wait for other's reply. Go and search...:cheers

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi dear,

congrats ! Be happy and take care.

ganges

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Shiri,
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy.

If you feel sleepy in the afternoon, do it. But do not sleep immediately after meals. Have some activities & then go ahead.

Don't do exercise that makes your tummy to work or don't pressure your tummy. Avoid heavy weight lifting too!

Don't bother yourself too much. Try to relax & lead a happy life at this time.
    Take care.

8. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shiri

Congrats on your pregnancy. Eat healthy and sleep well. When you have an appointment with the doctor ,your doctor will tell you what to eat , drink ,excercise etc. She will give you prenatal vitamins also. So all the best . Enjoy your pregnancy.

9. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Re: Need advice on weight gain in 1st trimester......pl help?

What's done is done. Don't stress about it. Walking is the best thing you can do for yourself. You could also try prenatal yoga classes, now that you are in the second trimester. Swimming is excellent if you are comfortable. Before you begin an exercise regime, however, consult your physician. If you haven't been exercising at all, walking may be the only safe exercise for you to do now.

10. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Shiri..

Congrates on ur pregnancy..:cheers
    I would 1st like to tell u to relax..dont worry or stress out..feeling lazy is very common in the 1st trimester of pregnancy and u will find most of the mommies to be yawning and not wanting to get out of bed..so take ur time to get up from bed..its perfectly normal and ur body needs it as its doing a lot of work..
    In case if ur going to take a nap after eating something..wait for sometime and then sleep..as u might land up with indegestion and acidity..

Regarding wht u can eat or not..its better u get the suggestion from ur GYN..he/she will be ur best guide..just try not to eat green papaya..just try not to eat from out..home food is the best..the rest ur GYN will tell u..she will aslo prescribe prenatal vitamins..folic acid as well..

Dont worry about ur weight..and dont try to diet..its the time to get fat..so enjoy getting fat this time..u can surely do light exercise..but consult ur GYN..

So enjoy ur pregnancy..be happy..relax..take rest..eat well and take care..