1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa

Your diet plans sounds great, I would love to follow it. Can you share and put it in along with time like a normal day for you? thanks this is very helpful!!

2. daya

daya Bronze IL'ite

Hi ilites,
    i am back after a long time. the good that all your support did to me in losing at least two kgs has been lost in the intervening time. i hope to continue to lose weight once again with your words of encouragement i will start posting regularly from tomorrow

3. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

Hello dear all,
    sorry for late reply as was little busy with fasting and thn with my baby,s mundan.........
    ALPHA, I WENT TO MY DIETICIAN ON TUESDAY, I USED TO GO TO GYM FOUR AND HALF YEAR BK TO TONE MY BODY AS I HAV NOTHING TO DO DAT TIM... and KNoW WHN I WANT TO REDUCE DIDN'T GET TIM... SHE HAD GIVN ME A DIET CHART WHICH I VILL START FRM 2 DAY.... I TELL HER ABT MY DIET AND MY WEIGHT STUCK AT 66 SHE TOLD ME TO TAKE FLAXSEEDS. She was telling it is omega 3 fatty acid which help whn our weight struck at one pt or post delivery weight but its she vill tell me nxt tim how to tak it week .. she told to start doing breathing exercises which i vill start 2 day.....
    Whnevr i vill go nxt tim i vill post u how to tak it...........she told me walk is nt working for me so reduce it two days and rest go with stretches and pranayam........... she was quite happy 2 c my diet i tell her hw indusladies helping us.........she told me to hav everythng in small quantity....

4. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

my monday and tuesday diet"(as i was on fast fr 2 days)
    7am: 2glass warm wate
    8 00am: milk with 4 almonds
    10.30am: fruits
    11:30: juice (orange and mix fruit)
    3:30pm: sawang ki khichdi with curd raita cucumber
    4:00pm: 1 orange
    6pm: did 15 mins cycling
    8 pm: tea
    8:30pm : bottle gourd vege with little left over khichdi
    9pm- papaya with milk

wednesday diet
    morning-eaten puri , halwa, and chana as my baby MUNDAN CEREMONY was busy coking till 12 got so hungry ki had it....
    lunch- 1 chapati
    evening had 1 sweet with tea
    dinner- little vege parridge
    SO NO DIET ON WEDNESDAY will continue bk frm thursday...

5. aniajay

aniajay Senior IL'ite

Hii Alpa,

Thanks for that remedy..yess we do get fresh dates here. I will try it..and ahh a big hug to you too...:)

Yesterday diet:

7 30am: warm water
    8am: green tea
    9 am: 1 wheat bread and chickpeas salad
    10am: 1 plum
    11 30am: ginger tea
    1 30 pm: 1 roti/cauliflower curry/veg salad
    4pm: green tea
    6pm: went for walk 40mins
    8pm: veg salad/moong and burgul mix
    9pm: plum

Happy dieting
    ani:)

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear Himaani,

i will try to put in my diet everyday, its a boring diet. But if it helps other i will post it whenever time permits me.

Dear Daya,
    welcome back looking forward to your postings now.

Dear taanu,
    I am very proud of you, its good you wentto your dietician, yes please tell us how the flax seeds are used so we all can start using them. Try to make time and go to the gym even if its for 45 mins it will really help you.

Dear Ani,
    your diet is rocking, and you are doing good. Thank you for the hugs
    you take care
    love
    alpa:cheers

7. bharti

bharti Silver IL'ite

hi people..... i have really not been able to log in offlately..... also i have not been having great diet (either it was eating nething - pav bhaji, bissibela bhat, vada pav, etc and other days very little sticking mainly to wholegrain bread).... but have been going to gym about 4 days a week......i will get back on track from tomorrow..... but finally my scale showed movement suddenly.... as if the past workout showed result later!!!

8. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Thank u so much for your inputs, u r really superb..a big hug to u:)

I have lost weight all over my body, but my only prob is that my lower body is bigger than upper body, i tried my old jeans and it fitted me very well, but since my upper body is smaller, all my shirts and tops are becoming loose but my butt and upper thigh look bigger (even though i hve lost weight dere).

I will try to do these inner thigh excercises and i have seen some other excercises for lower body, will let u guys know after i try it today. My gym instructor has asked me to do surya namaskars, i already started doing them, lets see wht difference will it make.

Yesterdays excercise and diet

35mns Elliptical Trainer, 20mins threadmill, 10 mins rowing, work out on abs machine, squats with weights, work out on Leg Extension / Leg Curl Machine, Stretches, Lat pull and did 15 surya namaskars

Diet

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 281pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=374 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3264" width=102><COL style="WIDTH: 204pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 8704" width=272><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=102 height=21>8:00am<TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>Wake up<TR style="HEIGHT: 21.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=29><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 21.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=29>8:30am<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>Fenugreek with water<TR style="HEIGHT: 24pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=32><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 24pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=32>9:00am<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>1 Jowar roti with Cabbage and carrot curry<TR style="HEIGHT: 35.25pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=47><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 35.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=47>1:30pm<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>1 roti with drumstick curry and 1 small cup rice with Mooru Kozambu<TR style="HEIGHT: 22.5pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=30><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 22.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=30>4:00pm<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>4 almonds and 4 walnuts<TR style="HEIGHT: 21.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=29><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 21.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=29>5:30pm<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>1 small bowl grapes<TR style="HEIGHT: 21pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=28><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 21pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=28>8:30pm<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>1 6 inch Subway sub with Wheat bread<TR style="HEIGHT: 24.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=33><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 24.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=33>11:00pm<TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=272>Sleep

Have a nice day

Deepthi

9. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Deepthi,

thanks for the hugs the upper body will always loose fast as there is less fat and the muscles are small but lower body takes time as the muscles are long and most of our fat is stored there and have a lower body weight is good becasue if you fall your lower body weight will support you. if you can fit comfortably in your jean then you have lost weight so continue with the lower body exercises increase the counts and yes do surya namaskars, even for me my lower body took time to go but now i am wearing my trouser that i had got tailored 10yrs ago and i fit so wel in it my hips have gone in my sides have gone in now only a little to in for the sides my thighs too have gone in and this is because i was cocentration more on my lower body so do more work outs on your lower body in a week after doingsurya namaskar you will get a result and let us know.
    Be patient and don't be too focused on your weight, it will go down.
    love
    alpa:cheers

10. priya666

priya666 Silver IL'ite

Hi Alpa,

Thanks for your suggestion will keep it in mind going fwd...

Had one query - hot/ warm water makes me pukish, is it the same for all of you when you started taking it?

I see so amny of you in this forum taking hot water - when you started off with it were you comfortable having it or you guys had to train yourself to have it, really makes me want to vomit whenever i have warm water :{