1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When I landed in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 22, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

Ya Mindi I really enjoyed my office days and there are so many happy moments regarding my office. Sometimes just sit and think about those days. Even if there is any bandh or some problem going to office I would somehow or other go to office. It was fun going in local trains. Only those who have experienced going by local trains will know about it. Many people are there who stay in Mumbai but do not have the expereince of travelling in local trains.

love
    viji

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji

I wonder how you pick up a topic and write so interestingly on that. Which part of Bombay you were in at that time in 1965 when you arrived here?

It reminds me when I started to work in Delhi after wedding and moved there from Chennai. Many a days I go mad and confused :spinwhere I am and how to go in Connaught Place / Parliament House area as different buses (pvt) stop at different locations. Many times, I have lost the routes and engage an auto to reach my office which may be just 5 minutes away:rotfl.

Viji, I saw your daughters' photo today only in your album. But some of the photos dont open and only the wedding group photo opens every time I clicked. Due to being 'private album', it needs your approval / or password protected or anything wrong anywhere?

God bless you.

Warm Rgds
    Shanti

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Amma

Beginning I also used to feel scared looking at the crowds but later became used to it. Sometimes sit and think of those lovely days.
    I can imagine you in pattu pavadai , now cute you must have looked at that time. What your mother said was right you must have looked beautiful in pattu pavadai, with long hair and all.

Enjoyed reading your reply and it was not long.

love
    viji

4. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji maa

Now we have a clear picture of Viji maa's initial days at Mumbai.

Having brothers who are loving and caring is really a boon.

Also your FM must be a very responsible person and I guess nobody would

hesistate to work more with such a person f care.

Thanks for sharing..

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijji

Thanks for your compliments. Good to know you liked my post

love
    viji

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti

Since your fb was before my reply to Amma I didnot notice your fb. Only today happned to see it. I was in Goregaon when I landed in Bombay.
    I had to go to work in Fort Area . So in the beginning my brotherused to come with me though we used to travel in different compartments. Beginning it was difficult travelling by train but later I got used to it. Later when we were shifted to Prabhadevi I used to buy vegetables from Dadar and carry home. That time we were in Bhandup, i.e. after marriage.
    Since I have added you in my friend's list there should not be any problem. I dont know why you are not able to open.

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meenu

Glad to receive your fb and thanks for the same

love
    viji