Aha Moments at IndusLadies - 5th Anniversary Contest - March 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi IndusLady,

HAPPY FIFTH ANNIVERSARY wishes in advance.:)
    ( Not a contest entry....only an expression of delight and gratification! )

What an unique idea ! Aha Moments to be recollected to commemorate the 5th Anniversary of our favourite IL site.:thumbsup

To me personally,I have still not got over the wonders that unfold before me each time I log on and click......since that first historical moment on 11th Nov 2007!

IL is all about connecting and communicating and this facility has
    given me abundant opportunities to surf in cyberspace and forge new friendships across the globe.

My memorable Aha moments will comprise every time I received or posted an FB to communicate or even more cause for jubilation when a buddy mentions me specifically for some Forum ...Pets Forum is ofcourse my all time favourite.:thumbsup

So a zillion thanks dear Yummy CUSTARD for recollecting our interaction there amidst the barks and meows ,chirps and squeaks.!!:biglaugh

May this communion of hearts and minds and happy souls multilpy by leaps and bounds galore!

All the BEST.:cheers

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy
    First of all congratulations for the 5th Anniversary and all the best to celebrate many more Anniversaries

the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies

It was in September 2007, when my daughter told me about this site and I became a member of this site. Since I was retired and my children were married I used to feel very lonely and when I joined here I felt very happy to see so many forums. In the beginning I used to post only in Snippets and later came to know about the other forums also.

the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you

When I started Coffee Morning thread and How are you thread so many friends started posting in the above threads and they all became very close to me. When I kept some target to make 1000 posts everyone actively partiicipated and we could make 1000 posts. Through the thread I got so many nieces and daughters.

Another feature which attracted me in this site is you can see who is on line by the green light which comes and also through their profile can find out in which forum is our dear friend. By knowing who is on line and seeing their profile we are able to keep in touch with them in that forum in case we want to tell them something. Also if they are replying to some thread , if it is interesting to us we are also able to give fb to that particular thread.

the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was

There are somany forums here from where you can gain knowledge. During our Birthdays, Anniversaries and when we complete a milestone, we get so many wishes here and feel happy about it.
    Now a days when we are going through our post that time only, in the left hand we can see the new posts. In that way if someone types a new thread we can immediately give fb to that post which makes the person so happy.

the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.

I was so happy when Aruna and Mindian staying abroad were pleased to meet me when they came to Mumbai. In their busy schedule of visiting their relatives and other close friends, they took somet ime to meet me also. Whenever there is IL meet people always say that they don’t feel they are meeting for the first time.
    I have become so addicted to IL that when the net goes off I get very irritated. Earlier I used to pass my freetime watchin g TV serials but of late because of IL I have stopped watching so many serials. Whenever I have free time I log in to IL and I am ableto learn so many things from IL.
    I am so surprised to see so many youngsters who are great writers and have knowledge of everything. The Senior Citizens can learn so much from the young people here through various forums.
    Each moment in IL Is an Aha moment for me. I forget the world when I am in IL and this is my second home.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  3. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Just now - Reading about a positive HPT of a fellow ILite whose struggles I have read about for the past year. IL has made me unbelievably happy to be able to share in her joy. To be able to wish her very happy and healthy 9 months across the seven seas. You have made me happy for someone.

I am happy to share my experiences and knowledge with others as also get advice from all of the wonderful ladies out there with their rich life's experiences.

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear all from the IL family

Congratulations to all of you and Happy 5th anniversary.
    Malathy, a thousand thankyous to you.
    (I am just expressing my views here and not as part of the contest)

I stumbled upon IL through a foodblog site. Normally I am not a person
    who ventures into a website just like that unless it is recipie related.
    Something made me click on the IL website and browse around a bit.
    I have never been a member of any such network but once again
    something made me sign up. I am having a fun ride right from the word
    GO here on IL. It is a wonderful site with loads and loads of information.
    Everyone feels more like a family member. Normally in conversations we
    tend to say " Hubby told me this or Mum told me this or so and so told me this".
    But now it is " I found this on IL or I did this on IL or found that on IL........".
    Feels very safe to be here. There is a special warmth about this place.
    I have come to know many wonderful friends through IL.
    The moderators are doing a fantastic job and it is their efforts that is
    keeping this place the way it is.

This is one place where I need not hesitate to be ME for a change!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. beenashabu

beenashabu New IL'ite

:thumbsupNice to hear about this contest.
    Really what a lady looks for or want to share their ideas and what they want to be = IL. IL supports all ladies to think positively and do positively. When I'm in indusladies.com, Surely, my Aha moments are there with u my dear IL.

6. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Dear IL Ladies,

First of all let me take this opportunity to wish one and all a great 5th anniversary.
    I joined the IL coomunity way back in 2005 after I received a letter from someone,unable to recall the name now though.I must ofcourse admit I haven't been a very active member all through.
    Inspite of my status here I must indeed confess that I have for sure had quite a few Aha moments here.
    There used to be times when I was sort of hooked to IL and not a day would go by without visiting my favourite forums,religion @spirituality and of course withour any doubts the cookery and shloka sections of Chitvish ma'm.These are indeed forums which are simply awesome and have benefitted me a great deal.
    Once while was reading through the religion and spirituality forum I came across an article which mentioned about Sri Nochur Venkatraman and his discourses.
    This has been the greatest Aha moment for me here in IL ,because that kindled my curiosity and set me searching and discovering more about Sri Nochur Venkatraman and his discourses.
    Today I would love to admit that I have most of his discourses and not a day passes without listening atleast an hour or so to his super discourses,for both my DH &me.We simply love his teachings,and sure are growing day by day spiritually.
    Thanks ladies,for this wonderful platform where we can find and clear our doubts on almost any topic.
    Another Aha moment here for me has been the enthusiasm and devotion of all the young ladies out here,during navrathri and all other festivals.Loved the wonderful kolu pictures and decorations posted.

Great going IL.....may you go from strength to strength.

Love& regards,

Revathy.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathy
    First of all I would like to extend my Greetings to the Organisers,Moderators, ILites and the staff connected with this beautiful site on the occassion of its 5th Anniversary and wish to grow more and more in its achievements.

My first Aha moments started when I accidentally happen to see this site with all my topics of interests.

My second Aha Moment was when I got the answer for my recipes in which I am interested

My third Aha moment was when I saw the drafting and stitching method of lady's blouse and petticoat ( which I wanted to know and tried my best but in vain) in the arts and crafts section

My fourth Aha moment was when I found the embroidery work in the crafts section and its detailed explanation
    My last but not least and ever green Aha Aha mements are that when ever I log in I will surely find some new information and useful tips from one site or the other.
    LONG LIVE INDUSLADIES SITE

8. Prasantha

Prasantha New IL'ite

Dear ILs,

This a nice thread.

My AHA moment was when I was first serarching for an Indian women website that would include everything, not just cooking and I stumbled on thas site, almost at ramdom...I spent the whole day reading and checking out the site and was so excited about it...it had everything but best of all, the quality was good.

I am a career woman, married and with kids...bad at housework but enjoy it when every one pitches in. Sometimes I feel guilty that I do not take care of my family the way a proper Indian wife/mother should, but now not anymore thanks to IndusLadies...they make me feel complete even with all my imperfections.

It good to know that I can always rely on one place that makes me feel good about myself and where I can safely express my ideas and feelings. That is the real Aha moment when I realised that I have so many freinds and all of them women and more importantly Indian women..something that was rare in my life so far. I look forward the continous growth of the society.
    :cheers

9. devasuba4

devasuba4 New IL'ite

Wishes

:birthday:birthday:birthday:birthday:birthday

Hi Indus ladies,

My hearty congratulation for up coming 5th year anniversary. May all dreams come true in each & every ones life. May god bless our member. This Indus ladies have to give more & more happiness & good ideas to every one.

God bless

Thanks
    Best regards
    suba

10. veenaanand0705

veenaanand0705 New IL'ite

Hi All ILite,
    First and for most, av very very happy advance anniversary to IL-mu suppory system for everything i do.
    Now for the Aha Moments...

...the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies
    Before i was introduced to IL,i had a toug time to google all my doubts and look into websites which had the best solution for all my doubts...when i came across IL..i was surprised at the number of people in the forum with an answer for any topic that you wanted from scratch...It is truly a boon when there are so many ideas and opinions to choose from.After i joined IL there is no need for me to google for anything i want.

...the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you
    This is definitly the way all the categories are neatly organized and expert opinions are given for every question.And the main point is that these are not merely opinions but they are experiences from the person"s point of view which is definitly more accurate and safe to follow than just mere opinions.

...the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was
    After i came to USA i felt that it would never be the same for me like in India where i had so many friends to talk to endlessly and share my doubts and problems...But once i discovered IL,i felt like i could connect with almost everyone since their advice and experiences alongwith their positive feedback and solutions make me so connected with all that i do not miss having friends anymore.Infact i have so many of them here.

...the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.

The moments are endless since whenever there is any question there are prompt replies to them and also sometimes even after the problem is solved there are assuring and caring posts to ask if everything is ok.This makes me feel that there are many people who live your life along with you without expecting anything in return.
    Once again i thank every ILite for their selfless and friendly approach to everyone in this forum.IL rocks.:cheers
    Regards
    Veena Anand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.