1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My spouse complains that I spend too much time on IL :)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BeeAmma, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Shifasif

Shifasif New IL'ite

Sure, this site is an addict
    i m still not yet finished with all forums

My husband also knows abt this site
    and he has no complaints as i m not checking from home
    but he asks me, how can u identify if a person is in real need of help
    or just posting something
    i said from exp may be ILites can identify that
    bcos i hve seen notes frm moderators warning ladies

2. arabhi

arabhi New IL'ite

i try to browse the site when i am alone at home.in case i am not able to do so i log in when my hubby is at home.he doesnt mind as i always say i can log out anytime he needs the laptop.he justs makes fun that i should write about his problems and get him solutions!!!![​IMG]

3. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Ha!! Ha!! Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! .....................Beeamma!!!!!

I have to tell you this. Just 5 mins back I was reading your OP and subsequent responses and thought, Now, I don't have anything to post here since my hubby never had this complaint.

Just a minute back I got a call and it was him. He was on his way to work and was asking me about something important related to insurance. I usually look into such matters but today 'out of the blue' he was inquiring. My first question was "Where are you"?
    He said "On the Freeway". Immediately I said, "Can we not talk after you return? I don't want you to talk on cell phone while you are driving."

He said in an irritated tone " These days I don't get time to talk to you, You are always on that ladies website chatting away, all useless stuff"!!....:rant

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Till last night he had no clue of this website. Only last night I showed him the recent thread by Meena on why women are asked to compromise. I read out some posts and he read some and then we even discussed on that till 11:30pm. He liked my writing and Beeamma, he admired your positive attitude and the way you put forth things backed by statistics and data.

And look at this man?? This morning he finds it all useless.:bonk

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  4. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hey thanks. I have been trying to answer all these questions myself (country, culture, status of women). Still trying to understand a lot of it. Looking forward to more stimulating conversations.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

good to know i am not alone
    when my husband keeps watching cricket race and some stupid websites he is doing something productive and when i sit on IL he gets so much upset
    and he says this site has so many negitive things to show Mother in law is bad and thats reason i am not liking his mom..and such crap
    but this happens only when he is angry anyways hardly i am at home so usually browse this website when at work

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My husband has some idea about this site. I think the name I might have told was "www desi-kudis dot com". He is happy there is something that keeps me occupied and hence less energy and time left to think up stuff to talk to him about.

7. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Rihana and lavii,
    This is hilarious.

Due to my forgetful nature I am totally incapable to keeping secrets from my dude. Because then I have to remember what the secret is and be on my guard. :hide:

8. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear BeeAmma

Very nice thread to start with. In my case my hus is not complaining as far I am not disturbing him. My son and Dil are happy that I am engaged in something interested to me. Because I left my job of 25 years and found very bored being at home. The only complaint I am recieving is from my 4 year old GS/. He is telling I am not Konjifying(pampering) him as before .

thankyou dear

ganges

9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Not just IL, my husband has a general complaint that I spend too much time with the computer! And then of course, he thinks that my head gets filled with a lot of negativity from reading some of the threads about marriage etc,.

He even once complained to my mom and my sister that I read all negative things when they also felt that I spend too much time on the computer. These days he doesn't say anything, either he doesn't care anymore or he has just given up :bonk

BeeAmma... everyone has their reasons to complain, I guess :)

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Though I would love to, I don't get to spend a lot of time on IL or anywhere online for that matter. What little time I get I have to divide between all my online activity from email to social networking. My hubby does not complain about the time I spend on IL but he does have an issue with my being here in general :). He thinks all the women on these forums just " reinforce negativity and fill my head with nonsense". :rotflHe used to have a problem with my watching Oprah too! Of course later I grew disillusioned with her myself and gave it up. Guess who was very thrilled! If it were up to him I would be watching "how things are made" and "modern marvels" all day. :biglaughHe is such a geek but a very lovable one!