Why is woman asked to compromise.......scientific reasons to this, if any....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by meena2, Mar 14, 2010.

1. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

BRIC report by Goldman Sachs
    (2007) Second Follow-up report

This report compiled by lead authors Tushar Poddar and Eva Yi gives insight into "India's Rising Growth Potential". It reveals updated projection figures attributed to the rising growth trends in India over the last four years. Goldman Sachs assert that "India's influence on the world economy will be bigger and quicker than implied in our previously published BRICs research". They noted significant areas of research and development, and expansion that is happening in the country, which will lead to the prosperity of the growing middle-class.[14]
    "India has 10 of the 30 fastest-growing urban areas in the world and, based on current trends, we estimate a massive 700 million people will move to cities by 2050. This will have significant implications for demand for urban infrastructure, real estate, and services."[14]
    In the revised 2007 figures, based on increased and sustaining growth, more inflows into foreign direct investment, Goldman Sachs predicts that "from 2007 to 2020, India's GDP per capita in US$ terms will quadruple", and that the Indian economy will surpass the United States (in US$) by 2050.[14] It states that the four nations as a group will overtake the G7 in 2032.[14]

2. ananthy

ananthy Senior IL'ite

thanks Bhuvnidhi. had to say so since it seems that people who dont live in India or visit on Vacations or come to see Taj Mahal seem to know more about India more than those who have been living here.

all others who are busy trying to save the image of India can please refrain. no amount of counter argument is going to change their views. since the judgement had been passed in their court that India is "under-developed" country. so please change your statements. and tomorrow all should go for eye check up. okay ??? (in vadivelu slang). we also need to grow up it seems. so as soon as possible buy Complan / Horlicks / Bournvita / Boost or any other brand that you like ...boost is my fav btw ... hey i am not marketing okay ;)

i wonder whether tomorrow i will be able to get appointment of Shankar Nethralaya Chief Eye Doctor (in Vivek Style). if anybody has influence please help me. i am ready to give you commission of 50 Rupees. thats all i can give since i belong to under-developed country.

cheers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

I would recommend this book to everyone of you.

The Post American world by Fareed Zakaria

I just love the way he puts facts together from the past to the present and hence comes to a conclusion. I will not reveal much of what is said in the book. Please read it.

4. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Yep, Zakaria's book is good. Would recommend it.:thumbsup

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Will check my library for that book next time I'm there. :thumbsup

6. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

7. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Some more info on the 2009 IAS exams toppers (women had top 3 ranks)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Shubhra Saxena, a graduate from the prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, and
    Sharandeep Kaur Brar, a post-graduate from Panjab University
    Kiran Kaushal was ranked third.

The top 25 candidates include 15 males and 10 females.

IAS, like most of us know is extraordinarily tough to get through.

8. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

WOW!!! All women toppers!!! Now, that is something to celebrate for all of us!!!

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

It is a very unbiased review/opinion of the current world scenario.Thanks for sharing the link!:thumbsup

10. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Arch

When you are talking about McDonald's and specialized product for India they introduce, they do that because what they sell in Western countries as staples will not sell in India and in fact evoke controversy (and I think it already did). Beef is one of their predominant meats in all their burgers in most of their markets but they cannot market that in India so they have to improvise and market products that are based out of lamb or chicken. Same with other MNCs who cater to local markets in which they make their product specific to that audience. India and China are huge untapped markets for most of these companies and even if 20-30% of the population is what they target in both countries, it is a significant number.

McDonalds will probably never take off big in India because for the prices they want to charge in a country like India, there are probably better food choices. McD's sells to the common man in the West and their food is what you would call as cheap, affordable and fast food in the west. However, the same does not hold true in India. Someone could probably eat a better meal at a half way decent restaurant in India for the same price McDonalds charges. The people who patronize McDonalds in India are probably the young, yuppie generation and the food is more yuppie than practical for Indian markets. In a country like India with a wide array of foods, McDonald's food will remain very elusive just to the few to whom it appeals to. Unless McDonalds can sell stuff like Bhel puri or other Indian fast foods at affordable prices for the indian crowd, I highly doubt their mass success in India like they have done in the West. And honestly, people in India should stay away from McDonald's if they are least bit interested in their health. They market some of the most disgusting chemically processed rubbish as food.