Why is woman asked to compromise.......scientific reasons to this, if any....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by meena2, Mar 14, 2010.

1. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I do think that economy plays a role in addition to open mindedness in individual liberty. If people are constantly stressed about income, sustenance the will not care as much about individual liberties. So improvement of economy is essential to improving individual liberties in India.

----------
    Factiod, on income stream for UK and US:
    ---------------
    In 1999 the African World Reparations and Repatriation Truth Commision meeting in Accra, issued a demand for reparations from 'all those nations of Western Europe and Americas and Institutions, who participated and benifitted from colonialism'. The sum suggested as adequete compensation-based on estimates of 'number of human lives lost to Africa during the slave trade and colonialism', as well as assessment of the worth of gold, diamonds and other minerals taken from the continent during colonial rule- was $770 trillion. Given that more than three million of the 10 million or so Africans who crossed the atlantic as slaves before 1850 were shipped in British vessels, the putative British reparations burden could be in the region of 150 trillion pounds.

Source: Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power
    -------------

Could be one of the reasons they are are developed and Africa is impoverished. I am sure such information also exists for India. This is only for Africa. Will get similar #'s for India in the near future.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

We are digressing to other areas from the main post. We are concentrating only on why women compromise and women compromising for several atrocities are more in India than in the other counterparts. We have forgotten the dark continent Africa, the middle east where women are oppressed and ruined.

Countries like Congo, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan are such dreadful areas on the world map.

Why do we target India? We target India because there is a great deal of potential which is equally compensated by indifference, tradition, regional bias and any other attribute that would stop us from growing. If a nation has to change or grow, first the citizen has to change, its impact must be reflected in a family, and then in a township and then it will be reflected on the nation as such.

We read a zillion experiences on this forum. We read women being cheated by men for money, properties, career, intervention by PILs and so many, how much have we progressed from the previous generation? Yes, we have progressed by publicly washing the linen by writing on these forums. Apart from this, the previous generation faced the same problem and it has subsided only say 15 - 20 %.

Unless we snap-off it will be difficult. The best way is to educate the next generation to be self reliant, and independent with morality and ethics radiating at every level.

3. meena2

meena2 Senior IL'ite

Interesting facts!! Thanks!!

AGREED 100%:exactly:

BTW Moderator, Can you please move this thread to general discussions because that is what most posters feel needs to be done to get more views on this. Thanks.

4. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

The British Mueseum is a testimony for this. Every pillar around the Buckingham palace is a testimony of how they ruled our country. They have the priceless peacock throne to Kohinoor diamond. How did the Hyderbad Nizams jewels get auctioned?

The developed on the colonial countries. I give a benefit of doubt to the Americans. They toiled to build a nation, but I don't have an iota of contempt against the Brits.

Even today men are paid more than the women in the US. But looking at them as a nation, they are much stronger and more reactive to the social injustices hurled upon them. Unfortunately in India, if something happens in Maharashtra, down in Tamil Nadu we are oblivious of the happenings. This just isn't the case in the western world. We can pull out several instances of news clippings just to prove that the Americans are equally indifferent, let them be and let us not be is what I firmly voice out.

5. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

This is what I meant when I said we should look into our flaws and correct them and stop comparing and contrasting with the West.

Thanks Riya.

Sridivya

6. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

Agree with you all.
    What are the Brits proud of? All they have in their history is how they went about looting different places.......

And they call it a great empire. :thumbsdown

7. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi CanWait,

I agree that there is tremendous scope for reform throughout the world including India. The reason I bring up these informations is to present a wholseome picture about India. If we were close-minded, you would not see so many women reach top positions in every sphere. The next question is how to bring this to more women.

1. Media- abusers should be made to look bad in media. The old movies, violence was casual. Rape and violence should not be portrayed casually in the media.

2. The legal system should provide for women to complain and get perpetrators punished.

3. Adult women should be more proactive in creating a life for themselves. If they are unhappy and unable to cope, they should have the means to walk out and be on their own without depending on parents or society.

I do know quite a few divorced girls (both love and arranged marriages), I can say that the trend is towards Indian women asserting themselves.:thumbsup

8. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Actually this is not true:), I can assure you that there are troublemakers that are meticulously recording all the atrocities in India. You will find more negative information about India in western literature than positive information.

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Well Said,Adara!They were just sophisticated thieves.Thank god atleast now they are made to mind their own business.But let them be whatever why should we care till they do not come in our way.

Yes, our problems are unique and we need to solve ourselves.We can scold our child but that does not mean that we will allow a third person to scold our child.:rant

10. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

I also think that some practical everyday skills will help. You know we learn a few worldly skills when we work such as
    how to work in a team,
    how to deal with a demanding bad-tempered boss.
    how to communicate effectively

I think that sharpens our skills at various levels- these also help in the family. I would definitely recommend that girls work for a couple of years before marriage.

--
    I know a person that will keep whining about her parents, in-laws, husband etc...She is in her late 30s...she is still blaming only...it has not helped her.

However she refused to see how she ignored the opportunities presented to her at each level to make things better for herself. it was easier just to blame everybody and everything else than work on improving ones situation.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010