popular cosmetic brand in germany

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by khush11, Mar 12, 2010.

1. khush11

khush11 New IL'ite

hello all,

I came recently in germany stuttgart fro india.i wanted to know which are the popular cosmetic brands here in germany.
    i found here all cosmetiops cs are tagged with german label so unable to understand properly.
    and where i can found those shops here in stuttgart.
    After coming here i am having sudden hair fall... dont know why..
    can some body suggest any solution or reason for it..
    also the extra virgin olive oil availible here in grocery store is only for
    kitchen purpose or it can be used as supplement for hair or not... as its availible in grocery store i am confused..
    please share the opinion....

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Khush,

welcome to Germany:)

1. cosmetics - do you mean by regular face cream? you can find a good range in DM (drogeriemarkt) that has nivea, dove, l'oreal and other german brands. you'll also find make-up articles. if you are looking for expensive ones you can go to places like Douglas (where they sell perfumes plus branded cosmetics that are a bit on the higher end).

2. hair fall is quite common until your hair gets adjusted to the water. i experience severe hair fall whenever we go to India on vacation:)

3. the extra virgin olive oil - yes you can use the same for body and hair also.

any other doubts i'd be glad to help.

Latha

3. khush11

khush11 New IL'ite

Hi latha,
    Thanks for reply..

can u tell me which are good brands for olive oil for cooking and hairs both...
    As i am not aware of brands here and where i can find them in stuttgart...it will be of great help.

Thanks in advance..
    Khush

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Kush,

frankly until now i have got my olive oil from the Italian shops in my neighbourhood that sells cheese, wine and other italian delicatessen. So i'm not able to recommend any particular brand. You could try at regular supermarkets like rewe, tengelmann (i don't know if you have the same supermarkets in your region) or go to bio shops/reformhaus for quality but slightly expensive ones.