1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Deepthi,

you are doing good, the exercises you are doing below are excellent, continue with your squats, leg extenstion and leg curl, also increase your ab's count from 15 counts go to 20 and increase every week you will see a difference in your abs i do 60 counts of any ab exercises i do so i do almost 300abs thrice a week then during my step aerobics i do 100 to 150 abs.
    you will see your stamina will increase and its good, please do not stop exercising you will see for your wedding your stomach will look so sexy:thumbsup
    Keep it up dear you are doing good.
    love, hugs and kisses
    alpa:cheers

Went to the gym in de evening from 5:45pm to 8:pm, did 30mins threadmill, 15mns Elliptical Trainer, 10 mins rowing, abs, weights, squats, stretches and also worked out on Leg Extension / Leg Curl Machine

I felt very good, my stamina increased too

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear all,

please note these few points to maintain weight

1. keep a journal write everything you are eating like how you are posting here
    2. have small meals, do not skip breakfast, have good breakfast
    3. eat a god breakfast, light lunch and very light dinner
    4. include protiens and carbohydrates in your diet
    5. eat everything you want to but in a limit
    6. avoid fried foods and all whites
    7. Snack on nuts and fruits when hungry
    8. you can have pasta 4 hours before going to gym as it will give you energy
    9. have sprouts or boiled green grams they are very good for bones
    10. if you are ill or suffering from any ailments please consult your doctor before start to diet
    11. Eat a well balanced meal.
    12. most important drink at least 2 litres of hot water through out the day, if you retain water then reduce the water drinking.
    13. You need to include exercises in your plan, make excersing a part of your life style.

i hope all this pointers would help you, i am no expert but i am advicing you on all this as i am a living example of this.

love

3. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

alpa u r great,u deserve lots of love and hugs for showing your care and concerns for all of us.u r really great.

4. mahakumar

mahakumar Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I have been dodging exercises for a long time and now I am planning an India trip this year and want to shed some pounds.
    Present wt - 160 lbs
    ht - 5"5'
    Goal wt - 130 lbs.

The diet i want to follow
    Morning - soy milk, 2 wheat toast and egg white
    11 am - chapatti/oats upma/chicken/fish
    2pm-Marie biscuit, nuts, soy crisps
    5pm-fruits, baby carrot,veg salad,green tea
    8pm-soup/salad/sundal
    10pm-fruit.

Also I am not really interested in treadmill or elliptical or aerobics for long. But i love swimming and want to do 30-45 min lapses mon-fri.

Please tell me if this plan is ok.
    thanks to all.

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mahakumar,

welcome to this thread, your diet is god adn you needto have fruits so increase your fruit intake and have at least 2 litres of water everyday, swimming is the best exercise as it works the entire body at a go, continue doing it.

love

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Croissants,

thanks for the kind words and great to see you here.

love

7. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Dear Himaani

Congrats! You did it!! It's inspiring to read your weight loss experience. Keep it up and please do continue posting.:thumbsup

Dear Pink.Rubies

I have lost 17 kg. 12 more to go

My dear Alpa

What can I say!! You are a beacon of light, information, concern and what not for all of us. If ever there were a fan club in IL (like in facebook), I would be the first to start it for you and am sure there would be hordes joining the club. I am not usually so effusive in my praise, but I just can't singing praises of you ever. Thank you so very much!:)

8. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hat,

thank you so much for your compliments:bowdown but i just shared my knowledge and the rest was on all of you to take it in and work on it, Himani was serious about her weight loss like you were and you still are, so the hard work is done by you ladies i just type in, so my fingers do the talking.
    I am very happy that most of you ahve lost weight and have been patient in loosing weight.

love

9. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpa and Hat

Thank you for showering me with your praises. I will be regularly posting my routine and workout as I want to be in shape and tonned. Also will post recipes.

Alpa: Thank you for your motivation and guidance cant thank enough. :bowdown

Hat: I admire your dedication. I am here with you guys learning new things.

Love and wishes

10. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear Himani,

please do not thank me, thank all the ladies of the weight loss buddy team and you took the big step in being disciplined and focused. Will look forward to your recipes.

love