1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The fallen heroes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,
    Nice post...and really a brave soldier is the least appriciated...what a true disaster that is...

I still remember when 26/11 happened in India, and a very brave Major of the Indian Army sacrificed his life for his country and all our leaders were busy doing politics instead of visiting his house to pay their last respects. This is just one example, sometimes a soldiers scrafice would not even be noticed by any media. It may just appear in the rolling news in the bottom where the news anchor would be discussing about Bollywood heroins and their size zero bodies.....

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

ubellah..thanks for dropping in to appreciate the connection and duly pointing out the necessity of developing the attitude to appreciate things in our day-to-day life..:)

sriniketan

3. Sriniketan

Ashwini,
    It is really a true sad state of affairs..the important and need-to-know news comes as a not-so-worthy news..:-(

Thanks for stepping in..:)

sriniketan

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear sri,

What a thoughtful comparison. Both Soldier and Tree, are very important to mankind, and still we ignore them and have careless attitudes towards them.

I happened to travel from Pune to Bglr, on train, and met 2 soldiers, who were posted in jammu border. i was very curious to talk with them about their life. He told, how difficult there life is there, like when the Ration comes, and it has to come from down village, then only they will start cooking some days. How they stay in bunkers. Atleast the govt is providng them the AC quota to travel, even that is i think better.

How the two soldier from each border daily greets each other, when there is no firings.

But all said and done, yes we and our government dont do enough for them. Kamalji has vocaled a very good idea. If we get the list of martyr soldiers name and their families, each one of us can sponsor their childrens educaiton.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  5. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    Beautiful comparison between two heroes. Thought provoking post dear. Yes we can do something for them, atleast financial help.

6. Sriniketan

Radhika,
    Heart wrenching details alongwith a silver lining detail..
    True...if only Govt. can take this matter to the next level..and help us citizens..to help the soldier's families..that would be a very big step.
    Hats off to Kamalji, who brought this idea!

sriniketan

7. Sriniketan

Thank you susri..
    Atleast we can help to plant new tree saplings to replace the fallen ones...but for the soldiers...sure financial help is a better way to mend themselves to a little extent...free education to the kids and the like can also be implemented.

sriniketan

8. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Now that I know that you are mostly addressed as Sri I shall follow suit although your original name Bhargavi is nice too.

Yes, as you rightly mentioned in your article, we never realize the value of things and people until they are gone. By then, it becomes too late. But, some things can be changed for the better even today if we make the effort.

Let us all join together to form a better world with our thoughts and actions.

Nice post.

Shail:)

9. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Sri posts an entry with an intriguing title, athila oru different twist irukkaNamae....

I actually thought of a different context (read, idols with feet of clay!) but the topic and the similies made me sit up!

For ore thing, we always take things or people for granted as long as they are always present, we think they are eternal, it is only their absence that makes us realise how dear they were/are... maybe even regret never having shown some appreciation...

I wonder, maybe I spared a thought in passing for the brave soldiers or felt some genuine sorrow on seeing a remembrance photo in the newspaper...

When trees fall in a gale or storm, there is a pang of sadness for nature wreaked this havoc... what about the countless trees felled in the name of progress... I am referring to the Metro construction work in Bengaluru and the mindless destruction of the glorious flowering trees, when a little thought could have spared them...

Bhargavi, the call of duty is the culprit for my delayed presence here, nonetheless here I am...

Jai Bhavani Maa!
    Loads of love,

Padma

10. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Very very sensible comparison and truly admirable message seen from my dear Sriniketan. Yes, there is no doubt both gave us the warmth, secure and comfort through their selfless sacrifices.
    Subbu