1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

100 days project

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sarithariju, Mar 8, 2010.

1. sarithariju

sarithariju New IL'ite

This is my first ever 100 days project. i have two goals in place... the first one is becoming healthy and the second one is finish the beginners course in french through BBC languages. i have started maintaining a food diary and also keeping watch of what goes into my tummy ;-)... now i have to start exercising regularly .. i need to lose 35 kgs and by the end of these 100 days i aim to lose at least 20 kgs. dont know whether its possible or practical but as they say only if you aim for the stars will you get something closer to them... wish me luck all my fellow ILs...:thumbsup

2. crossiants

crossiants Senior IL'ite

all the best for all your goals,god is great he will fulfill all your wishes dont worry.

3. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Saritha

I don't want to be a wet blanket but 20 kgs in 100 days is way too aggressive. I would suggest you aim at losing 2 kg a month. If you are able to lose more, that's great. Set yourself achievable targets, otherwise it can demoralise you entirely (speaking from personal experience).

I wish you the very best in your weight loss journey, in a healthy and permanent manner.:thumbsup:-)

4. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sarita,

All the very best for your project

Iam also in the same battle as urs, trying to loose weight...but bare in mind that if u loose weight quickly, u vil gain it quickly

I donot want to demotivate u...have a good breakfast and lunch and lite dinner. Also excercise regularly. You will definately loose weight.

All the very best

Deepthi

5. sarithariju

sarithariju New IL'ite

Good morning and thanks everyone for all your words of encouragement and support. the only reason i aimed for 20 kgs is that only then will i lose at least 10 kgs :hide:. yeserday i was fairly dedicated to all the goals ,maybe its just beginners enthusiasm. went to the super and picked up some "healthful" munchies to snack on whenver i feel hungry so thats something positive anyways. and my mirror tells me that i already look slimmer than the previous day :rotfl thats too much i know but still im not complaining about that good feeling especially when you consider that it was a white tshirt that i was wearing and white normally makes me look like a white balloon . so overall a very good Day 1 and 99 more to go.

But one thing , i dont know actually how much i weigh right now so should get myself weighed sometime today or tomorrow.have to go out in search of a weighing scale at a nearby gym.

6. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Saritha,

Very nice to hear that u r feeling positive...thats the perfect way to start..

First u weigh urself and calculate ur BMI according to ur height and weight and also if possible using a tape take ur body measurements and note them down in a diary, do all this first thing thing in de morning after fresh up...If possible weigh urself w/o any clothes on..

Now use the same diary as ur food diary..and write down what u have eaten on a day and also the physical activities u hve done..
    This helps u to identify gaps..iam maintaining a diary for myself and believe me this really helps..After a week weigh urself and note it down...do this regularly and after a month measure ur body again...u vil be very happy to see the progress and this vil movitate u...

During this period drink lots of hot / warm water during the day and eat lots of fruits, veggis and protein

All the very best

Deepthi

7. sarithariju

sarithariju New IL'ite

Hello everybody. reporting from the weight loss trenches.the battle was won on Day 2 as well. 98 more days to go and thats all im saying for now :thumbsup. keep wishin me luck ,ladies...

8. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

goodluck dear with good efforts on ur side may b u can........:bonk

9. vennelaaaa

vennelaaaa Bronze IL'ite

All the best Saritha...
    keep us posted about how you are going!

10. sarithariju

sarithariju New IL'ite

Hi all,

Day 3 was an unqualified success with a 1 hour walk and all that....but ALAS!!!!!!!!!!! Day 4 was just the opposite...lots of junk food,no exercise,total laziness ... just back to my normal old self if you know what i mean :drowning...any way let me hope for Day 5 to be better and not dwell on my failure of today...boo hoo....