Adding spouse name in Indian Passport

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Nayan_gd, Apr 25, 2008.

1. HinaKhot

HinaKhot New IL'ite

Re: Adding spouse name in the passport

Hi Nilofer,

Try this link...Frequently Asked Questions
    hope this helps.

All the best,

Hina

2. india64

india64 New IL'ite

Thank you all for your suggestions.

3. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Nilofar,

You can add your spouse name in your passport, I did that after my wedding. you need to produce your marriage certificate, your spouse passport, address proof, age proof and photographs.

If you have a valid visa on your current passport even that has to be transferred to the new passport.

Hope this helps,

Pandu

4. anuusri

anuusri New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hi Nilofar,

Yes you can add your husband's name by giving your marriage certificate along with your passport to the passport office.

Earlier it took only a week to include spouse name and also spouse name will be included in our current passport. But nowadays We get a new passport after we include our spouse name.Also we get the passport delivered as per rules of getting a fresh passport.Only thing We need not produce all documents as we do for getting fresh passport.

You can also take a xerox copy of your husband's passport,proof of residence to the office if they ask for verifying purpose.

Don't worry for visa to be endorsed in your new passport, at the time of your trip you can show your old passport and get the visa endorsed in your new passport.

I got my spouse name included in my passport while we applied passport for our son. First i got my passport and then applied for my son.

You can have the same surname after marriage, it is enough if you include your spouse name alone. But if you wish to change your surname you can apply for it(change of name and including spouse name) together.

This is as of 2008.
    But make sure you visit Passport office once to get updated information though u get all details required from website/friends.

Hope this helps you.[/JUSTIFY]
    :)

5. tcdeshpande

tcdeshpande New IL'ite

Re: adding spouse name in passport

I don't want to change my name after marriage but I want to add my husband's name under 'Spouse name' on my passport.
    I have taken Form No.2 and Personal Information form for Rs.5/-.
    I got married recently. My husband has gone to US and soon I'll be going there on a dependent visa. I have time constraint. Will you please tell me :
    1. Do I need to fill Form 2 and Personal Information form only ?
    2. What all proofs I need to submit ?
    3. How much time will this take after I submit the necessary documents ?
    4. Is there any tatkal service available for this ?
    5. The spouse name will be added on the last page (laminated page) under 'Spouse name' OR on any other page ?
    6. Also, on my passport on the inner 2-3 pages , there is a rust stain. Will my passport be considered as damaged ?

Need help to clear these doubts .

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. tcdeshpande

tcdeshpande New IL'ite

I don't want to change my name after marriage but I want to add my husband's name under 'Spouse name' on my passport.
    I have taken Form No.2 and Personal Information form for Rs.5/-.
    I got married recently. My husband has gone to US and soon I'll be going there on a dependent visa. I have time constraint. Will you please tell me :
    1. Do I need to fill Form 2 and Personal Information form only ?
    2. What all proofs I need to submit ?
    3. How much time will this take after I submit the necessary documents ?
    4. Is there any tatkal service available for this ?
    5. The spouse name will be added on the last page (laminated page) under 'Spouse name' OR on any other page ?
    6. Also, on my passport on the inner 2-3 pages , there is a rust stain. Will my passport be considered as damaged ?

Need help to clear these doubts .

7. swa083

swa083 New IL'ite

Re: adding spouse name in passport

Hi,

In marriage certificate my husband has Middle name which is missing in my husband's passport. If I want to add his name in my passport will I face any problem?

8. NikhilN

NikhilN Guest

Re: Help in adding spous name in passport

Does the passport number change in the renewed passport after adding the spouse name?

9. n_mumtaz

n_mumtaz New IL'ite

Hi,

I recently applied and got my child's passport.Its necessary that both parents have their passports and all other proceedings as same as applying a new passport.

Thanks,
    Mumtaz.N

10. AshinJersey

AshinJersey New IL'ite

Re: Correction of Spouse name in passport.

Hi,

My spouse's name was entered in my passport this June 2010 at NYC.

His name is (for e.g) - Abhishek Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan

My passport his name is (for e.g) - Abhishek Bachchan. It was my mistake and I noticed it recently. I am travelling to India soon and filing for my H4 extension. Can anyone pls tell me what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks & please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drowning